FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Ville Cup Video!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Front Page News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:14 am    Post subject: The Ville Cup Video! Reply with quote

Here we go.

Some notes first:
1) I tried to catch as many interesting incidents as I could, and I doubt I got them all. I relied on luck and the X killed X stuff to see what was going on.

2) If you're not in it, I'm sorry, I used what I felt was the best footage.

3) I tried to make the time available for each demo the same, i.e. each demo gets x seconds...I failed...miserably. With 4 demos to go, I realised I still had about 1 min 15 seconds to time to fill, whereas before each demo was getting about 12 secs of time. So that's why the total time per match varies.

4) You may notice that the quality goes all weird about 1/3 of the way through the footage. That is because I was daft. To start with I had dod set to be at 640*480, which would be my frame sizes. Then I played dod, so pushed the resolution back up to widescreen...and forgot to take it down again for the rest of the footage. So that's why things may look a bit strange (not horribly noticeable but it's there).

5) The matches are probably NOT in the order they were played, they're basically ordered by week and then probably alphabetically - they were just the files as they were ordered in the folder. (with the exception of the final, obviously)

6) This is my first movie of this type so if you're going to criticise at least make it constructive.

With all that boring stuff out of the way here's the video.

There are 2 versions, a low quality, set to 320*240, but I wouldn't recommend watching it unless you really have to.
The other is a 640*480 one which is of course, far better to watch.

Low (45MB): http://greebosworld.netfirms.com/TVC/Ville_Cup_320_240_lo.zip

High (85MB): http://greebosworld.netfirms.com/TVC/Ville_Cup_640_480_hi.zip
Ricen
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job Greebo!!!! #Rofl

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died.
Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General George S. Patton, Jr
bullseye lespaul
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great job greebo!!!
StrontiumDog
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome!
Thanks for all your hard work...

"Oh Smeg! What the smeg's he smegging done? He's smegging killed me!" Lister, Red Dwarf
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Tickles

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do we use to watch this? I noticed it was an mpg, but none of the players I have will play this video, get a missing codec error.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice job Greebo! My favorite part was where that guy rANCOR hUNTER totally owned everybody on Kalt!
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tickles wrote:
What do we use to watch this? I noticed it was an mpg, but none of the players I have will play this video, get a missing codec error.
i used media player
Tickles

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i tried media player said file was corrupt
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tickles wrote:
yeah i tried media player said file was corrupt

update wmp to the latest one...

BTW Greebo, nice editing job!
Still love that nade by Fuse in Kalt!

"Oh Smeg! What the smeg's he smegging done? He's smegging killed me!" Lister, Red Dwarf
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Tickles

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I just reinstalled my codec pack and it works now!

Excellent job on the video! Well done... love the nade bulls threw at the window where the mg was lol.. that mg went flying.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, great job greebo. I love your opening speech. Thanks for all your work on that vid..very awsome

-GaNjA

Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love
-Lao Tzu-
PolluX
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nicely done man...great music choice great action choices.

Oh how I wish I'd had been back to DoD early enough to have gotten in on that action...oh well...there's always next time.

Very good work Greebo!

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.
Bleeding Tomato
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: The Ville Cup Video! Reply with quote

Greebo wrote:
Here we go.

Some notes first:
1) I tried to catch as many interesting incidents as I could, and I doubt I got them all. I relied on luck and the X killed X stuff to see what was going on.

2) If you're not in it, I'm sorry, I used what I felt was the best footage.

3) I tried to make the time available for each demo the same, i.e. each demo gets x seconds...I failed...miserably. With 4 demos to go, I realised I still had about 1 min 15 seconds to time to fill, whereas before each demo was getting about 12 secs of time. So that's why the total time per match varies.

4) You may notice that the quality goes all weird about 1/3 of the way through the footage. That is because I was daft. To start with I had dod set to be at 640*480, which would be my frame sizes. Then I played dod, so pushed the resolution back up to widescreen...and forgot to take it down again for the rest of the footage. So that's why things may look a bit strange (not horribly noticeable but it's there).

5) The matches are probably NOT in the order they were played, they're basically ordered by week and then probably alphabetically - they were just the files as they were ordered in the folder. (with the exception of the final, obviously)

6) This is my first movie of this type so if you're going to criticise at least make it constructive.

With all that boring stuff out of the way here's the video.

There are 2 versions, a low quality, set to 320*240, but I wouldn't recommend watching it unless you really have to.
The other is a 640*480 one which is of course, far better to watch.

Low (45MB): http://greebosworld.netfirms.com/TVC/Ville_Cup_320_240_lo.zip

High (85MB): http://greebosworld.netfirms.com/TVC/Ville_Cup_640_480_hi.zip

Greebo I keep getting corrupt files. Both are saying they are corrupt so I can't even uncompress them. This is what I get"C:\Documents and Settings\Mac Daddy\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\GFXFPCOA\Ville_Cup_320_240_lo[1].zip: Unexpected end of archive" They both also have a bad CRC and they finish downloading in about 1 minute. I have a 3mb connection but I'm only getting 3ok download speeds from you so I know it is wrong although it says the file is 85mbs

Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like it's stopping the download way too early. Might be worth going into your temp files and deleting the bad copies and trying again.

Am working on getting a streaming version going.

Glad everyone's enjoying it! (did anyone spot the great nade bouncing off mal's head and hovering?)
Bleeding Tomato
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greebo wrote:
That sounds like it's stopping the download way too early. Might be worth going into your temp files and deleting the bad copies and trying again.

Am working on getting a streaming version going.

Glad everyone's enjoying it! (did anyone spot the great nade bouncing off mal's head and hovering?)

Still same problem. Anybody else having problems downloading it? Greebo can you put up a link for an unzipped version?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Front Page News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: