FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Eurovision

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
X.O.Skeleton

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 2:29 am    Post subject: Eurovision Reply with quote

Usualy I dont watch such...poop...but this year there was some good music there.
We (Finland) sent Lordi there.
Usualy we suck so bad we cant compete the next year but this time we rocked!
We broke the eurovision top score and won it clearly.
But this wasnt what I wanted you vullins to c, but these videos of Lordi, check them out.
http://www.videocodezone.com/videos/l/lordi/
The song was Hard Rock Hallelujah.
If you want more info, heres the link to their site http://www.lordi.org
The record company that handles Lordi is Sony BMG and they made Lordi top priority all over europe since ppl liked them so much.
But let me know how you like em.

And heres a pic of them

"No gut, no glory"
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, I saved the streaming video and watched it last night (combined with radio commentary from the UK,because we never take ceurovision seriously and tend to make cynical comments about..well...everyone e.g. "She's wearinga red taffeta dress that she removes, partially, half way through the song, to reveal a pair of legs that could crack walnuts. The dirty old man vote is assured!")

Am so happy Finland won - brilliant stuff!
StrontiumDog
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Finland...!

Eurovision Song Contest is pretty meaningless, although I do remember some Swedish group in the 70s winning it...ABBA or something...
Other than them, not many of the performers have gone on to bigger and better things! So hopefully Lordi will buck that trend...!

Mind you, I would hate to be getting dressed up like that to go on stage...can you imagine a tour...? I wonder how long it takes them to get ready...?

"Oh Smeg! What the smeg's he smegging done? He's smegging killed me!" Lister, Red Dwarf
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
crackhead_fred

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StrontiumDog wrote:

Mind you, I would hate to be getting dressed up like that to go on stage...can you imagine a tour...? I wonder how long it takes them to get ready...?
Those costumes would be so hot inside, you'd prolly lose 20lbs easily after one concert
Mike

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess this is likea battle of the bands for Europe?

I watched a couple of those lordi vids and they weren't bad. They sound better then GWAR, but thats not saying much. It's still nothing I'd bother buying or downloading.
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
I guess this is likea battle of the bands for Europe?

Not entirely innacurate but that just doesn't show how much of an institution this has become for Europe.

Basically each European country holds try-outs to represent them at Eurovision, I believe that traditionally these were unsigned bands but I could be wrong.
From there they then have to qualify in a series of quarter finals and stuff to get into the Final.
The winner of the final gets the honour(?) of hosting it next year.

Some countries (UK among them) qualify for the final automatically essentially because they pump so much money into the whole business. The UK doesn't take it seriously at all, our commentator just takes the piss out of the whole business (my favourite comment being one year when the hosts came out and he said "Oh look, it's Frankenstein and the Tooth Fairy!")

Not sure how the rest of europe views it but I think they take it slightly more seriously than the UK does.
X.O.Skeleton

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crackhead_fred wrote:
StrontiumDog wrote:

Those costumes would be so hot inside, you'd prolly lose 20lbs easily after one concert

I beleave they r made not to bee too hot since the band does not go to intervievs with out the masks, and on the eurovision finals day they had to wear them almost 12 hours

Greebo wrote:
Not sure how the rest of europe views it but I think they take it slightly more seriously than the UK does.

It depends on the ppl/person who is commentarying the thing.
This year it was not so serious as a few years back when there was a huge hype in Finland that now we would win and Sweden told ous also that the song could win, but what happened, 0 points and we couldt compete next year

And for Lordi they went to change the eurovision a bit to the younger ppl, away from the bublegum pop and the poster women.
The US ppl who were looking at Lordis performance were asking how could they come to the US side for some shows.
And now the US is planing some kind of song contest also in there, a band from every state

"No gut, no glory"
JtH

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
They sound better then GWAR, but thats not saying much.

blasphemy

gwar rocks.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: