FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
HAS HELL FROZEN OVER?!?!?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PopeyeTheSailorMan

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 3:25 am    Post subject: HAS HELL FROZEN OVER?!?!? Reply with quote

yea i know im old school one of the original members of <TVB> and i guess one of maybe 2 or 3 that still wears the tag. but god damn if i member right it was like an understood rule that CS would NEVER BE ON THE VILLE just because it brings in too many CS fags and lamas that are all stat whores and dont give a shit about team play and could care less about having a good time JUST playing video games. instead its just all about lets rally our clan and pwn people and anybody that we are better than we should talk shit and tell them they suck and should have never been born. but whatever its obvious the ville is nothing like it used to be so i guess things change with the times
With this tag, I am <TVB>

<TVB>Popeye-VS-|vP|-TPF-
I Yam What I Yam
KopiKat

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'm with popeye on this one, I was and still am laboring under the impression that CS doesn't belong at theville. We may be low on numbers, but if being low on numbers means we're going to open the floodgates to all kinds of riffraff, I'd just as soon see us run out.

I understand that the servers will be policed, but they can only be policed so much, and the very nature of CS makes it prone to llamas, even ones with good personalities.

Simply put I just dont think it's the right idea. But whatever, it's not my decision, so enjoy your CS, I won't be.

-KK
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooo, all the old regs are coming back!
nice of you to drop by.

CS:S will bring new people to the ville. believe it or not, but a lot of our regs do play CS:S elsewhere.

And the CS:S server can be kept free of a$$holes and the like, that's why the admins are here. Might be hard to see for an anti-cs player, but there are other servers out there who manage to keep there servers clean of llama's.
And i strongly believe we can make that work too!

I do know where you come from though. i used to be anti-cs too. but my best friend in real life doesn't play anything else. so about a year ago he bothered me enough to make me give CS another chance. and after a day of pubbing we found a properly maintaint server free of llama's and hackers.
and then, well then i got hooked. The game is fun if you can play it on a llama/cheater free server.

now all we need are regs to fill the server up so that it stands out in the server list and the server gets known.
CS:S here at the ville already got me 2 new friends who will become regs here. and that for a server that has been up for 3 days. not bad i think.

oww well, i hope you can see my point and maybe 1 day you will find that it is possible to keep those servers clean. just asks a little more work, then lets say, a DOD server.
The Tiju

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what exactly is a llama...seems like a stupid questions but what exactly is it???

"Never Fear The Tiju is Here"
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooorgle!
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tiju wrote:
what exactly is a llama...seems like a stupid questions but what exactly is it???

In gaming terms it translates to the type of player whose soul purpose in life is to ruin the experiences of other players.

In real life it's a mammal found in south america.
DJ George
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You also have to keep in mind that the Source games are not like the old ones. Not everyone can play them, you have to be willing to sink a decent amount into your computer to get it to run decently. This alone really cuts down on llamas.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mUj0
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know about you, but it's REALLY fun kicking cobra's butt in CS:S.

Colossians 2:20 "You have died with Christ, and he has set you free from the evil powers of this world. So why do you keep on following rules of the world"
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well since no one has addressed Popeye's original question...Yes Hell has frozen over.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like cs:s

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any game can be bad when full of llamas........the thing about cs.s is it can be fun if we play it dod style with team plays.....and people who don't just sit back and snipe from their spawn..... yeah and the bots for the cs.s sever are meaner then the ones in the dod...... i tried playing against them last night....sad to say got HS every time by the bots..... i need those bot hacks darn it =P

mountains turn into hills without much struggle.....
it is always from the sight of the sea that gives the view of earth it's highest peaks......

an island is just a mountain wearing a dress made of water.....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LJ

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm missing cs atm. Overall I think dod is a better game but you get to a point where you need little breaks from it to appreciate the game more.

CS:S is a fun game with good people. I agree that CS can really bring out the bad apples but it's worth trying to see if theville can bring a good community to CS. There are a lot of good people that want to play in a good atmosphere. Hopefully it will work for theville. I'll be on the server from time to time.
You'reinSoup

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate the playa, not the game.
KopiKat

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You also have to keep in mind that the Source games are not like the old ones. Not everyone can play them, you have to be willing to sink a decent amount into your computer to get it to run decently. This alone really cuts down on llamas.

I'm afraid that doesn't address the real issue at hand here.

He's not saying the games are different and that he doesn't like the game. Popeye and I play CS source ourselves, and we know all about the game. Hell we even play at the highest graphics settings. Our issue is not with the game.

I agree, it's a different game, but it has the same people who play it. The same lame asses from regular CS play CS:Source. Go to a CS:S server at any random time of the day and you are garunteed to find at least 2 ass holes making the game miserable for everyone else. Maby they arent cussing/being racist (although that happens A-LOT), but they are most likely being retards and using the AWP/Autosniper in a 5 person game. Yes i know, we can ban the AWP, but the mannerisms of these people still persist.

We arent saying CS sucks, hell popeye and I like CS, but we play at theville to get AWAY from the CS crowd and the people like them, theville has always been a haven in that respect.

If you bring a CS source server into existence on theville, then you are inviting retards to start playing here at theville, that is the gist of what we are saying.

-KK

P.S. If you are hell bent on keeping this CS source server, popeye and I will be more than happy to be admins to help keep the server clean, we both play CS often and we would be more than willing to put the hours in to keep it clean, just know though that the server will have to be ruled by the admins with fascist-like law.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, KK, play on the Clan {LOD} servers and let me know what you think of using their rule system for The 'Ville's CS:S server. I think it's about what you'd be happy with.

Last edited by 5th GHG E.G. Mine on Fri May 05, 2006 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: