FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Hierarchy of the ville?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just curious as who has what rank and suck around here? I know there are quite a few admins, but where does everyone stand? Just curious... Thx.
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I am the Grand Poobah of Melmac.

=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
BitterBeerFace

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, ALF...

Personally, I've founded my own small "People's Democratic Republic", and I'm whatever name I choose... right now I prefer "Grand Exalted Holier-than-thou Guru"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting question.

Rob's the Mayor and has final say over everything.

Munkeyeyes, Llamabeans & Tarzan all host their servers so they have final say there I would assume.

The rest of us pitch in in whatever way we can.

JD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rank???
Would you treat any TVB'er differently because of thier rank? I thought this was a group of friends who love to play the game.
All players in GOOD STANDING deserver to be treated the same. Fairly and with respect. Like it said in the Bible (NO I AM NOT A THUMPER) "Do unto others as you would have done unto you" or something like that.

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
SpeCies

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't consider myself as anything but a player affiliated with a great bunch of people who enjoy the samething (TFC)I don't think anyone in <TVB> thinks that they are any better than another here.

I'd like to suggest Attitude,Disposition and most of all Respect for how the game should be played and for eachother.I Think Bada Bing summed it up. Yeah,it took alot of dedication to build what the Ville is today,It's not like it grew by itself.I think it was the Brainchild of a certain Ex-PWG Fragger around here as I just read from the history of <TVB> and the Ville in the forums here.

I don't look at is as Rank,I look at it more as having Respect for those who took the time and effort in creating "The Ville" and <TVB> more than having a status or a Rank here -Unlike some groups that have say (Campers in Pampers)Booger-Capt or what have ya.Your always going to have some form of leadership in whatever event in life that you participate in.This is a game,Something that is supposed to be fun Not an Anarchy! Enforcement is a better term.

[ This Message was edited by: SpeCies on 2002-01-24 14:30 ]
GoldenSpy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is only tangentially (Look that word up ) related to this topic, but it still fits. My question: Do any of The Ville's admins specialize in certain areas? I know Greebo does maps, but is there a set person you have update the website, play with the ranking system or other things? I'm just wondering.
John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob is the man who deals with the website and most back end issues. He works on everything from web design, content, administration, trouble shooting, access and I'm sure dozens of things that I cannot think of at this point in time.

The Ville is Robert E. Lee's creation and I just have the privlage of playing here.

I help him where ever I can, but being in Canada and the server in Alabama doesn't work well at times.

I tend to be the cruise director as someone has labeled me (I will get you for that Roofcutter, I swear) so I do custom map nights and things of that nature. I am also the facilitator for The Ville Cup.

Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Doe is so modest. His cruise directorship is GREAT. Many a fine night cruising the waters.

JD has summed it up in his first post from my perspective too.

I'm just glad to be here! I help in the forums by cleaning up stray posts, putting them in their correct sections and occasionaly haveing to delete some not so nice stuff. So keep it reasonably clean please.

The in game admin activity is banning the usual llamas and reseting a map if it does something weird and keeping the profanity down to a dull roar.
Helping anyone I can with questions if I can.
I certainly do this as an equal to you all, I'm just another TFC player trying to cap.
So I certainly go along with the were all equal thoughts.

But...I know I'm the best roofcutter here, and maybe the best ridge walker. A typical ridge may be roughly 3.5" wide 20 30 feet up in the air. Now the fun part, walking backward pulling a tape doing layout, try doing that for 40 feet.

Bada Bing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Species you bad boy you don't you know Fragfailure founded <TVB> ? Yes BTW he was <PWG> too

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
thewz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roof forgot to add that he is our forum whore.
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are forgetting that all <TVB> members are Admins... WE HAVE ALL POWER OVER YOU. I've been asked twice to kick people today...I just laughed at them and told them to find an admin if a player isn't moving...the server kicked them anyway. The other players still couldn't figure out why I didn't use my admin powers. We may all be equal, but apparently some of us are more equal than others when it comes to common sense.
MunkeyEye
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides being TheVille's patting chimp, I also program some of the customized stats stuff which Rob reviews and implements. Beyond that, TV4, the Grudge Server, and having fun with llamas.... no no not that way!!! Dirty minds all of you! I'm just as mortal as you guys are, so take it easy with that rocket launcher!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
SpeCies

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bada Bing I thought that message within a message would not be decoded,
even by the best.Check it out again.. Notice how I wrote Fragger? Fragger=Frag.
Decryption is a spies first lesson Grasshopper J/K
SpeCies

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Roof, You gotta love those Church steaples and 12/12 pitches I was involved in putting on new Wooden Shake Shingles and replacing the Copper Spouting on a Church Steaple years ago.Talk about having good Ladder jacks and harnesses.I was happy when that job of 4 days was over..You know,speaking of Team effort,I know I am off subject here,but I had my first reality check while Roofing.This Newbie was assisting a guy with putting down 15
weight black paper(Fiberglass like paper that goes before the shingles)Anyway the Chimney
was not in yet in this 3 story house and I was at the other end of it nailing away..

Walking Backwards and Aware of what was behind me and still nailing I was unaware of the fact that the Newbie,Gopher,Whatever your term is for them(Every State has one) that he was left alone while my associate went for the Chalk Line.This guy covered the Cutout hole with the paper without alerting me to this event. Doh! So here I am approaching the hole and assuming that I still am at a distance from it(This hole a good 30ft drop straight into the basement)

When I took a step back,All I saw in Slow Motion was me Falling through this paper and my buddy lunging forward and grabbing me by my coats collar(Thank God for Winter) So,whatever you do,wheather it is just a game or a team effort on a job, you always have to depend on the support of others. As for that Llama,Well thats a whole different chapter. :grin:

[ This Message was edited by: SpeCies on 2002-01-24 22:07 ]
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: