FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
An other exploit question
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I have particlefx set to 1 and I adjusted rates to reduce lag. I do have a script that puts an X on the map when I shoot. I also have custom crosshairs. Those types of things have not been considered exploits in the past.

Getting rid of grass requires editing the WAD files I think. The grass is there for a reason, and it should be illegal to get rid of...

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah having no grass would seem to be a big advantage. It also explains why and how you see me so fast. Getting rid of your suroundings would like being in a empty room with white walls. To me this would be a major exploit IMHO. I mean why play a game if you are going to motify it to the point that the game is not even reconizable ? Now that i think about this is a good reason why people can see someone buried in the grass.
l3eeron
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to say where to draw the line with this. The grass thing....c'mon man! You gotta be kidding me! That's an obvious exploit/cheat.

But let's think for a second.....
The only reason it isn't fair is because everyone's not doing it. So let's come up with a list of acceptable tweaks, and a list that are just plain cheating.

I think pretty much all of us who play dod often have particlefx turned off and fastswitch on. I would think those fall into the acceptable list. But binding the wheel to +attack, getting rid of grass, wall exploits, nade exploits, boosting etc should be on the "bad" list.

My whole point of this thread was to try to clarify where to draw the line. It's obvious to me, but if we had it in writing what is generally accepted, it would makes things alot more fair.

eternalVillealliance
s.Squirrel
The Nut Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shuya wrote:
i dont think they are cuz i use scripts and i have a cal i config that tweeks the brightness more then ever and gets rid of grass on so on.theres so much more then that like binding mouse wheel up to previous weapon and throwing ur nade so u have no previous weapon makin it so when u mouse wheel up u skip the reload animation thats leagal in cal cuz thats where i learned

Sounds fishy to me. If you’re getting rid of the grass what else are you doing?

The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turning the fx off is a matter of performance. Donner is a perfect example. I can get 75fps, which is normal for me, but as soon as i get near the tank with all it's smoke my fps drops to single digits and the map becomes unplayable.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand how particle fix is considered an exploit if its a deterent to stop latency. Some servers shut off particle fix so you don't see snow or rain.

Many of these things like particle fix and stopsound are modifications set up within the game. They don't require a script or a special code to change them. You and I can change these settings just as much as the normal person can. The same with a crosshair or different player skins, flag skins, gun skins, are to make the game more enjoyable.

If you can download them and set them up you'd be just as happy to use them then to nag about exploit this and exploit that.

Again though these are not scripts, and theres a ton of scripts that are allowed on CAL that are not certainly illegal. The one script mentioning to get rid of grass is an exploit. I think that would have been a valid question to ask if that was an exploit.

SwEeTLuScIouSGaNjA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter- wrote:
shuya wrote:
i dont think they are cuz i use scripts and i have a cal i config that tweeks the brightness more then ever and gets rid of grass on so on.theres so much more then that like binding mouse wheel up to previous weapon and throwing ur nade so u have no previous weapon makin it so when u mouse wheel up u skip the reload animation thats leagal in cal cuz thats where i learned

Why doesn't this surprise me?

If you need scripts so you reload faster, so you have no weather or smoke effects or even intended map elements like grass or walls more power to ya. If that's what it takes for you to be "L33t".

By admitting that you use those makes me wonder what other "tweaks" you may be using to improve your gaming experience.

If can't play it in the default mode what's the fun of playing it?

...well said

-GaNjA

Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love
-Lao Tzu-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
s.Squirrel
The Nut Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loka wrote:
I don't understand how particle fix is considered an exploit if its a deterent to stop latency. Some servers shut off particle fix so you don't see snow or rain.

I don't think its an exploit. In fact with all the people who use the zooks in the ville it's a necessity

loka

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s.Squirrel wrote:
loka wrote:

I don't think its an exploit. In fact with all the people who use the zooks in the ville it's a necessity

hehehe

Bleeding Tomato
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the -Grass == Wall hack it's the same thing just in a different place I don't care about the other stuff. Their just distactions and some people need to adjust rates to help compinsate for low end video cards or slow computers. Getting the most FPS, No LOSS or CHOKE and low PINGS is a must in DOD.

Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleeding Tomato wrote:
I think the -Grass == Wall hack it's the same thing just in a different place I don't care about the other stuff. Their just distactions and some people need to adjust rates to help compinsate for low end video cards or slow computers. Getting the most FPS, No LOSS or CHOKE and low PINGS is a must in DOD.

I agree. Anything to reduce lag should be legal. Things that allow you to see things that you shouldn't see should be illegal.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Richter-
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys I'd like to come out and admit it right now...

I'm a closet default user...I'm so ashamed.

Tickles

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There there, Richter *pats back*.. It's ok.

I only use the cl_particlefx 0 and a crosshair pack and the skins frosty made.

I think removing grass and other objects in the game are exploits that weren't meant to be removed to be begin with and basically ruins the game for everyone else who use the objects IN the game, i.e sandbags, grass.. etc.. to advance.

If they wanted us to have no grass or whatever else people are removing, I'm sure they would have made it an option to us, but they did not.
Mr>Ellroy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shuya wrote:

and you guys complain about rambo mgs when he has no grass....no grass...thats like 50% of the hidding spots....might as well have no walls lol.....and it be an open flat field with nothing inbetween the players but distance and bullets...... to remove parts of the game so you don't lag like crazy isn't that bad a crime......cos eye did it when eye had my ole computer...took away everything eye could to get a few more fps...... but to remove the hard and some times "annoying" parts of the game like the grass people like to hide under..... is really just ruining the idea of a game......might as well play with ball in a cup....

"its a ball in a cup..... and don't worry cos the ball is tied to the cup by a string....its hours of fun ....ball in a cup.... order one today"

mountains turn into hills without much struggle.....
it is always from the sight of the sea that gives the view of earth it's highest peaks......

an island is just a mountain wearing a dress made of water.....
sgt stutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
might as well play with ball in a cup....

Weeeeeeeeeeee!!! I got the ball in the cup.

click--><eVa>SuperGreg

R.I.P Trigger Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: