FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
An other exploit question
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
l3eeron
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: An other exploit question Reply with quote

When I got my new computer, I loaded all the HL games. When I launched dod, all my settings like hud_fastswitch and cl_particlefx were set back to default, obviously. At first I was so excited to play I didn't even bother looking up all the syntax to change everything back to the way I liked it. I finally remembered or asked about each thing.

It made me think, are all these tweaks exploits? I definitly have an advantage to the next guy who has to see all the smoke from the zooks/nades and the weather, etc. (not to mention my fps shots up drasticly with cl_particlefx 0)... I feel sorry for the guy who has to click to choose his weapon.

What do you guys think?

eternalVillealliance
Mike

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the particle fx is.
shuya

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think they are cuz i use scripts and i have a cal i config that tweeks the brightness more then ever and gets rid of grass on so on.theres so much more then that like binding mouse wheel up to previous weapon and throwing ur nade so u have no previous weapon makin it so when u mouse wheel up u skip the reload animation thats leagal in cal cuz thats where i learned
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's exactly the kind of stuff I'm talking about. I think it's kinda cheesy. Anything that alters or shortens the intended reload time (in my opinion) is cheating, or at least dishonorable. Unless you knew EVERYONE was doing the same tweaks.

eternalVillealliance
sgt stutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shuya wrote:
i dont think they are cuz i use scripts and i have a cal i config that tweeks the brightness more then ever and gets rid of grass on so on.theres so much more then that like binding mouse wheel up to previous weapon and throwing ur nade so u have no previous weapon makin it so when u mouse wheel up u skip the reload animation thats leagal in cal cuz thats where i learned

From CAL:
8.7 Illegal Binds

Players are prohibited from binding any action in conjunction with +attack. Also, players may not bind +attack to mwheelup or mwheeldown to accelerate shooting weapons faster than they are intended to be. Players found using +attack binds will be suspended for a minimum of 1 game.

click--><eVa>SuperGreg

R.I.P Trigger Happy
l3eeron
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

makes me wonder how many people are using these altered binds

....tell me, do you sleep good at night?

eternalVillealliance
Mike

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sgt stutter wrote:
shuya wrote:

From CAL:
8.7 Illegal Binds

Players are prohibited from binding any action in conjunction with +attack. Also, players may not bind +attack to mwheelup or mwheeldown to accelerate shooting weapons faster than they are intended to be. Players found using +attack binds will be suspended for a minimum of 1 game.

thats +attack, not previous weapon.
SwEeTLuScIouSGaNjA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont really use anything except for particle fx, I even use the default crosshair still. I think alot of the stuff that some guys use is definitly cheesy.

-GaNjA

Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love
-Lao Tzu-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
JtH

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well if game designers didnt want something to be changed then maybe they shouldn't allow it to be changed.

its kind of like how you cannot stopsound in source anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont change anything at all, total default.......

maybe why i suck alot of the time

but at least now you know when you get killed by me and you have these tweeks, you were beaten buy someone with more lag and no tweaks....lol

www.3foottall.com
Kurosaki Ichigo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh considering binding wheelup or down to +attack is seen by Steam as a burstfire script hack and kicks from steam servers pretty quickly. That is unless they fixed that :p
The Tiju

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i only use like stop sound and cl_particlefx 0...

shuya how did u get rid of the grass???

everything is fine to a certain extent but theres no reason to go overboard on all that stuff...ITS JUST A GAME, why get so into it???

"Never Fear The Tiju is Here"
Gamepro65

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt consider anything an exploit that anyone can do. Just beacuse one person finds a command that can get rid of smoke doesnt mean some other person couldnt find it. Aslong as its not modifying any files, only the config i dont have a problem with it. Thats just my take on it.

Richter-
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shuya wrote:

Why doesn't this surprise me?

If you need scripts so you reload faster, so you have no weather or smoke effects or even intended map elements like grass or walls more power to ya. If that's what it takes for you to be "L33t".

By admitting that you use those makes me wonder what other "tweaks" you may be using to improve your gaming experience.

If can't play it in the default mode what's the fun of playing it?

vICTOR cROSS

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter- wrote:
shuya wrote:

Why doesn't this surprise me?

If you need scripts so you reload faster, so you have no weather or smoke effects or even intended map elements like grass or walls more power to ya. If that's what it takes for you to be "L33t".

By admitting that you use those makes me wonder what other "tweaks" you may be using to improve your gaming experience.

If can't play it in the default mode what's the fun of playing it?

Agree
Dont Havent AND never will
Thats why I like the MG ,gives us old farts a fighting chance :lol:
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: