FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
xploit or not xploit?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nightcrawler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmon...

if you have to questioni it...you know it is an exploit!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how bout saints? both bridges u can kill anybody by shooting from under, should that be considered an xploit? b4 i keep on doing it
sgt stutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BENDER.TVR wrote:
how bout saints? both bridges u can kill anybody by shooting from under, should that be considered an xploit? b4 i keep on doing it

should that be considered an xploit?

Yep.

click--><eVa>SuperGreg

R.I.P Trigger Happy
Mr>Ellroy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LJ wrote:
I agree Gil. The ramboing of the MG42 isn't the way it was meant to be played. I'd prefer if those machine guns just couldn't shoot unless deployed or make it so the recoil isn't affected by changing mouse sensitivity.

i want to see you try and run around with 20 sensitivity and tell me if its easy to mg and not get lost..... as for the real life use of a 42....i would think at some point someone had to be moving to set up some place else with it and was forced to shoot with it while not set up....sure to make it to my favour...they would have the biggest arms in the world and the body of a golden god....so it would be no problem to handle the recoil of a short unsetup burst...... yes i know it is cheap but i can't count on someone to clear the the area for me to set up the mg...... i have to clear it myself...most of the time.....so yes i turned up my sensitivity...but i can snipe with as well as mg with that sensitivity.... i've seen people with 2 sensitivity use the mg without setting it up....and i have also seen nightcrawler own oxo with a rifle almost everytime he tries to use it like that........

mountains turn into hills without much struggle.....
it is always from the sight of the sea that gives the view of earth it's highest peaks......

an island is just a mountain wearing a dress made of water.....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mr>Ellroy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would also like to add never get mad at a person who depends on xploits to make their score look better.... just get even and feel better =)

and besides i will stop moving around with my mg when s.Squirrel only gets to use a handgun....i say him with a bar or tompson is an xploit =P

besides if you can't laugh at the game its not the game that is the problem

it is always from the sight of the sea that gives the view of earth it's highest peaks......

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Decay

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr>Ellroy wrote:

and besides i will stop moving around with my mg when s.Squirrel only gets to use a handgun....i say him with a bar or tompson is an xploit =P

Squirrel with a handgun is still pretty deadly. I say we only leave him with a knife/shovel or possibly a rifle for the butt and only 1 bullet.

Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr>Ellroy wrote:
as for the real life use of a 42....i would think at some point someone had to be moving to set up some place else with it and was forced to shoot with it while not set up

I don't think someone with a machine gun would be moving around alone. They would have plenty of support and cover fire in a real war.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naw I'm just going to keep slapping the whole other team around and run from flag to flag
s.Squirrel
The Nut Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decay wrote:
Mr>Ellroy wrote:

Squirrel with a handgun is still pretty deadly. I say we only leave him with a knife/shovel or possibly a rifle for the butt and only 1 bullet.

I’ll shove that one bullet up your nose and give you a really bad headache

Decay

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s.Squirrel wrote:
Decay wrote:
Mr>Ellroy wrote:

I’ll shove that one bullet up your nose and give you a really bad headache

I might die eventually of lead poisoning!

StrontiumDog
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best person at "Ramboing" an MG is oXo! So cool to run behind him and watch...
However, I agree with Ellroy...it's not easy to run around with the MG and use it like you would a Thompson. And it's only effective when people are really close to you.
If they are far away, you might as well drop your weapon and wait to die because MGs are SO bad at distance when they're not set up. My sensitivity is set at 7 so I wouldn't regard running around like Rambo as xploiting...

And as for Squirrel...it doesn't matter what you give him, he'll still find you and crack your nuts...good memory, the rodent...!

"Oh Smeg! What the smeg's he smegging done? He's smegging killed me!" Lister, Red Dwarf
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
sgt stutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decay wrote:

No I say we leave him with nothing but his birthday suit, hog tie him and hang him on the tank barrel and use him as a Pinata.

click--><eVa>SuperGreg

R.I.P Trigger Happy
Mr>Ellroy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sgt stutter wrote:
Decay wrote:

No I say we leave him with nothing but his birthday suit, hog tie him and hang him on the tank barrel and use him as a Pinata.

i second that!

Mr>Ellroy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:
Mr>Ellroy wrote:
as for the real life use of a 42....i would think at some point someone had to be moving to set up some place else with it and was forced to shoot with it while not set up

I don't think someone with a machine gun would be moving around alone. They would have plenty of support and cover fire in a real war.

this is true very true....yet let me ask you stevo...ever look around and notice the people around you are dead and your left to defend a point by yourself till everyone respawns?

Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr>Ellroy wrote:
Stevo wrote:
Mr>Ellroy wrote:

this is true very true....yet let me ask you stevo...ever look around and notice the people around you are dead and your left to defend a point by yourself till everyone respawns?

Well it is just a game, so do whatever you want. What I'm saying is that sometimes the game just isn't realistic. Why should it be considered an exploit if it can be done by most poeple just using the regular game controls? If it wasn't meant to be, then why would the game allow it to be fired like that?

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: