FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Source Starting to go above 1.3 in numbers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat Source
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr.Holiday

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greebo, I'm not retarded, I crouch to knife proners. How can you sit there and tell me you've never encountered the prone bug when knifing ppl, you must be the luckiest guy in the world. Also, the rifles aren't 100% kill any more since they nerfed the toe shot element of the Kar98 but christ when I aim at someones chest and am not running they bloody well deserve to have it blown away, not have my bullet veer off to the side for no good reason!! The randomness of the bullet accuracy doesn't support ppl who can aim well but it supports those who get lucky and dont' get robbed by game mechanics.
junkyard
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Holiday wrote:
Greebo, I'm not retarded, I crouch to knife proners. How can you sit there and tell me you've never encountered the prone bug when knifing ppl, you must be the luckiest guy in the world. Also, the rifles aren't 100% kill any more since they nerfed the toe shot element of the Kar98 but christ when I aim at someones chest and am not running they bloody well deserve to have it blown away, not have my bullet veer off to the side for no good reason!! The randomness of the bullet accuracy doesn't support ppl who can aim well but it supports those who get lucky and dont' get robbed by game mechanics.

I think you need to check that, and see if thats happening with consistent source players, and see if they find any amount of truth in that statement.
The kar98 requires a new level of skill it's called the step I.S. pop headshot. If you can master that one from behind a corner it hits every time. i have seen some extremely elite players start to utilize that in a big way. And also keep in mind movement penalties are bigger in source so if you are on the move with the k98 it is harder to hit a target. By the way I.S. stands for iron sight try it out.

THe hAXis of evil
Mr.Holiday

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bug with melee and prone is whined about non stop on the steampowered forums =D.
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Holiday wrote:

I know you're not retarded, the implication I got from what you said was that you did it standing up, I apologise for causing offence.

I can't say I have encountered problems with this but I had a quick look on the dod site's forums (not steampowered), and on the second page on this thread, the 7th post down, by bazooka has a video showing what happens on a lan game: http://www.dayofdefeat.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62645&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

So if there is a bug, it may be that it's a side effect of the net code.

As for rifles, I feel that if you're not ironsighting, then you won't be accurate. I do believe there is a need for more of a slow down in a players speed if they get injured, proportionate to the injury, but that's not a matter of accuracy.
Lt. Black

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greebo wrote:

Can you reach the ground while standing up straight? I can't. Hence you must crouch to knife someone.

Depends on the knife you give me. Obviously, I'd have to bend over a little (emphasis on that, since if you look down far enough in the game, you get a bit of a curve to you anyways), but not to a point of crouching...

Still standing, though, so, yeah... that kinda puts a big obstacle in front of the point you're trying to make.

bullseye lespaul
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry guys you know i love ya but i agree with holiday completely couldnt have sais it better!
junkyard
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Holiday wrote:
The bug with melee and prone is whined about non stop on the steampowered forums =D.

You have to crouch next to the prone player, and get by their side not crouching on their back. If you get beside them next to their hip it works. This is a known prob by the dev team, but if that is all you got that is a pretty slim argument. We could start listing all the probs with 1.3 that are just an accepted part of the gameplay. If you want to find, and focus on something negative it is quite easy to do on anything. I think we are going to see a pretty big update this week maybe they will fix this problem.

THe hAXis of evil
Ricen
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problems, problems, problems ------ let's just go fight!!
Will log on around 18:00cst tonight, anyone want to game ?????

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died.
Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General George S. Patton, Jr
junkyard
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ricen wrote:
Problems, problems, problems ------ let's just go fight!!
Will log on around 18:00cst tonight, anyone want to game ?????

You are gonna go down Ricen. I may be on a little later than that I kinda feel like being a villun tonight. #2gunfire

THe hAXis of evil
Richter-
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump

Mr.Holiday

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i'll admit it, i am a pretty negative guy. So lets focus on the good stuff about source. Great graphics, I like that sniper rifles aren't one shot kill anymore. I love the fact that maps are huge and you can't lock sections down as much like you used to be able too and that there is multiple ways (like, more than 2 or 3) to get to almost anywhere on the map. I like the rifle grenades because now you can get those peski MG's or Snipers with moderate ease plus it makes the class really distinctive. I think smoke grenades were an amazing idea that really promote team play especially on servers with class limits. I also like the fact that furniture can block doors =D.
Ricen
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok Richter, Holiday, are ya'll in or out for tonight ????
Junkyard may need a little help.

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died.
Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General George S. Patton, Jr
junkyard
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Holiday wrote:
Great graphics, I like that sniper rifles aren't one shot kill anymore. I love the fact that maps are huge and you can't lock sections down as much like you used to be able too and that there is multiple ways (like, more than 2 or 3) to get to almost anywhere on the map. I like the rifle grenades because now you can get those peski MG's or Snipers with moderate ease plus it makes the class really distinctive. I think smoke grenades were an amazing idea that really promote team play especially on servers with class limits. I also like the fact that furniture can block doors =D.

Yaayyyy!!! no more toe shot kills.. That was the first thing I liked about source. The smoke is probably the most tactical element you could introduce to a game. If used properly you can completely shutdown the effectiveness of the othersides mgs, and snipers. I also love the physics when someone runs over a grenade, and goes flipping through the air when it goes off. For me, and this is my opinion source changed everything that I didn't like about 1.3 and kept me as a loyal valve gamer

THe hAXis of evil
KopiKat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally love source.

No more Sub Machinegun sniping, no more one shot kills from across the map with the k98 hitting your left arm, the BAR class gets TWO grenades, and a semo auto fire, iron sights make it so the garand once again has an advantage over the k98 (which it should, it was just as accurate AND semi-automatic), MG's are easier to avoid now thanks to smoke grenades, and not to mention the graphics.

It's absolutely wonderful, I have no complaints.

-KK

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but thats y 1.3 is so fun becuz of all that stuff...i have to source is an evolutionary online FPS game and i love all the physic and all the enw stuff but 1.3 is the best!!!thats y im still playin it!!! also i dont think in real life men picked up rifle grenades to cook them???

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat Source All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: