FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Thoughts on stats

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sully
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just finished reading the thread from BigCaulk concerning Eagleyes. I thought I'd chime in on the bigger issue that conversation seemed to dance around. Before I do....
Big, I loved your last post. It showed a lot of class to reconsider your position and adjust it based on further thought. Eagleyes, it's always a blast to get in game with you, and I think you also handled yourself well in the post.

Now, on to stats. I hope that we don't lose the stat part of this wonderful server. What I do hope for is that some of our players, who focus on stats as being their primary motivation for play, understand that stats are fluff. Stats are like power windows on a Porsche. It's great to not have to roll the window down, but the real fun comes from driving the car!!!

Now, everyone repeat after me, "It's a game, It's a game, It's a game."

Sig courtesy of K.R.G.
=Glenn=The_shibby{Frog}

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a game its a game it a game it game, it brings fame it brings fame.... uhhhoo i messed up
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sully
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ironically, when starting this thread, I didn't realize that player stats were gone. Now I'm a little sad.

(Somesully needs a hug)

Sig courtesy of K.R.G.
BigCaulk69

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i agree on yall with stats. i enjoyed the points system. it was fun to have. i feel bad because i feel like the minor controversy i started was a catalyst to ending the player rankings point system. i would like to have them back too.

Bakuryu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you still get points for NTF airstrike missile.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like not having rankings, it gives us gung ho players a chance to shine. No more will we look down upon ourselves when our stats fall below the TYO line. No more will we die unneccessary deaths to stat mongering pansies. No more will we have to settle for allowing stat llamas to dictate the flow of the game. No more will we have to listen to people gripe about dying at the hands of a former top 5'er. No more will we have to deal with flag hogging stat climbing jerk faced llamas.

They will have to move on to other pastures, where the stats are plentiful, and the rules are few. Where llamas prance through the respawns, and admins ban for butchering the house clan. So run little stat munkeys, run. Go back to the foul servers from whence thou came. And leave our peaceful community to continue on and grow without your lameness.
Tommy.Chong

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People like always said "Tommy.Chong sucks look at his stats" or look at his ping,thats why i got so mad over stat players,Doh i know i suck when it comes to stats.I like playin med an demo those guys die alot, I deal with it?I know i lag.I deal with it?I just like playing no doubt i dont care if i die 50 times in a match an only get 20kills i dont care.The only part about the stats i liked was tryin to be the best in with my class which promotes fraggin an alot of it.An which is still there as of a couple minutes ago i think.I try hard as i can to do as best as i can with what i got 56k an 300mhz p2 with 194mb's ram Ati video card,granted its not the best but hey its better than an atari with two cups an a string.
Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second that emotion Tommy!

=US-V= Member/Event Coordinator - Retired
<eVa> Founding Father/Leadership/Webmaster - Retired
Ville Admin - Retired
Turbo!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a game its a game its a game. wow, i feel better

*Props to Mad-Hammer on the Sig*

R.I.P. Blue: Gone But Never Forgotten
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bada Bing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad player rankings are gone thank you to all the admins I'm also glad to see that the daily awards stayed I think they mean a whole lot more than someone who racks up a high kill to death ratio by running for health whenever they get hurt!!!!!!!!

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
(+)ASSASSIN(+)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree on the dying part tommy, yesterday on well I was trying to use scout and I never ended up capping and I finished the map with a score of like 1-18 or something like that *wonders if thats a record* the only kill I got was rewarding because it was a fatty who was too busy trying to get the other fattys and just let me shoot him with the nail gun I still had fun because I was getting the other team to concentrate on me instead of my teamates and I do believe we won that map also which was cool. Some of the most important stats just cant be tracked

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: