FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Mouse Sensitivity
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LJ

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[swn] Lance wrote:
`which ruby` -e '[76,65,78,67,69].each{|_| putc _.to_i}'

What is this exactly? It's been a long time since i've touched unix so I'm at a loss at what you're trying to say with this. I realize you have LANCE in ascii there. But, the which command just returns the correct path of what I assume would be a ruby command.
loka

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 something. Honestly though you can't just go by other peoples sensitivity because players have a different feel to all the weapons. I found that just all around 2.8 is better for control then that of the higher sensitivities for spray.

You should just go by whats comfortable to you. Some people prefer the lower sensitivity for better aim and better control. Other people set it higher for spray. You just have to play each weapon to the level you feel is the most appropriate.

Malanthros

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a 2 player. I might try bringing it up to a 3 for the bar, cuz I cant use the bar or stg44 long range.

And the resolution 1024xwhateveritis

Thank you Loka for helping me realize my dream of having a Sig.
Spotty
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Bez wrote:
haha i cheat...bind keys to change them, kinda a habbit from the cal days. anyway i use 2.7 for k98 and 3.5 for BAR...say what you want about the lower bar setting but you all know i can snipe you with it so obviously it works

I have 3 bound to "[" and 5.5 bound to "]" I snipe and automatic with 5.5 and rifle and KAR with the lower, occasionally I'll snipe at 3 depending on my mood and how cold it is down here...
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never thought anyone played with sensitivity down low...maybe I'm misinterpreting what it's for - I always assumed that a higher sensitivity meant you could swing round quicker for a shot (near or far) etc. Surely having a lower sensitivity puts you at a disadvantage?
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of it depends on what your mouse is set at in windows. You you have it slow there you will have to jack it up in the game. If you have it on high then you have to lower it in game. One thing I suggest though is not to turn the excellerator on in windows as it will cause you to spin in circles...lol.

Anyways thats why mine is so low as I have it maxed in windows .
sgt stutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it puts you at a disadvantage Greebo I can still turn fairly quick just ask frosty when he sneaks up on me and I turn and no scope him . I used to have it set higher and I've tried just about the whole range, my control just seems better at where its set now maybe because I snipe but it also works well when I use the bar. Its like loka said what ever gives you the best feel and game play.

click--><eVa>SuperGreg

R.I.P Trigger Happy
Kurosaki Ichigo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find that with a lower sensitivity it's easier to control my crosshairs especially for those long distance shots with rifles. I used to use the default 3.0 about 2 years ago playing cs but then I switched to 1.5 and haven't changed it since.
Killer KoolAid Man

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have it at like 5ish...and my mouse is already really sensitive anyway
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

before getting my new mouse I had my sensitivity at 8 or 8.5, now since this new mouse is so much quicker and responsive, 3. lol.... btw screen Resolution is 1440x900. (widescreen FTW)
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is at 3.0

Ricen
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been playing with that a little. Was at 9.5, down to 7.6 now.
I use SMGs and MGs, spray and pray. ( just incase the lords busy I do try to spray at the target )

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died.
Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General George S. Patton, Jr
deebo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simpleman wrote:
A lot of it depends on what your mouse is set at in windows. You you have it slow there you will have to jack it up in the game. If you have it on high then you have to lower it in game. One thing I suggest though is not to turn the excellerator on in windows as it will cause you to spin in circles...lol.

Anyways thats why mine is so low as I have it maxed in windows .

QFT
I have mine set in the middle for windows with mouse accel off. In game I'm at 2.0. I also make sure that my mouse accel is off using the -noforcemparms -noforcemaccel -noforcemspd commands in my DOD startup or you can use the CPL mouse fix.
I find low sensitivity helps a lot for rifle accuracy. I also think that low sens is very important for BAR and STG control. I know it may not seem like it at first but after adjusting to the slower speed, you'll find a lot more pinpoint and recoil control for the auto's. This is what I use but then again what do I know.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i use to play at about 14-15 but since im just getting back into it its down to about 5-7(dont remember what i last switched it to). but in ns i use to play with it about 14-15 so i got use to that and xfered that over to dod

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
[swn] Lance

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LJ wrote:
[swn] Lance wrote:
`which ruby` -e '[76,65,78,67,69].each{|_| putc _.to_i}'

What is this exactly? It's been a long time since i've touched unix so I'm at a loss at what you're trying to say with this. I realize you have LANCE in ascii there. But, the which command just returns the correct path of what I assume would be a ruby command.

Glad you asked! I thought nobody even had a clue what it is.

'which' returns the address of ruby, which then gets substituted into the place of the command, becoming:

/usr/local/bin/ruby -e '[76,65,78,67,69].each{|_| putc _.to_i}'

The -e flag parses things as one liners, so it's equivelant to me placing my code into a text file and using 'ruby file.rb'. The code itself is the tricky part.

[76,65,78,67,69] creates an Array object of Number objects. The 'each' method is an iterator that iterates over all the Numbers in succession, placing the current value into the variable '_' in the associated block, denoted by two vertical bars. The associated block calls the 'put character' method which prints the '_' variables value, converted to a character with the String#to_i instance method.

In the end, printing out "LANCE".

Sorry if that was too detailed of an answer than you'd care to read, but I was bored and surprised anyone even noticed. I decided to put it there so I can see who else is a Unix dork like me.

ACTUALLY, I totally forgot 'putc' converts integers to their ASCII equivelant without String#to_i, so now I can remove that portion, making my new signature below.

Last edited by [swn] Lance on Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: