FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Locking Down TV1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat Source
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bullseye lespaul
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleeding Tomato wrote:
I thought it was here also but I can't seem to find it. Post the link if you find it. Sorry the server was locked but we did have a awesome time. Sometimes it pays to <eVa>
ya i was looking for it too i cant find it i may have been wrong
JtH

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe just an idea, but it would be nice to not lock out the server for a guild on a high population night like fri and sat.

thats when we get the most influx of people and most of them are new so they dont read the forums and are just looking for a good place to play.

just my .02
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This never has been a issue before as I have setup servers for other guilds before. TV1 was empty all day as I was keeping a eye on it. I went and locked it 20 min. before everyone was to show up. Well the map changed and for some reason Source resets the PW and it became unlocked. 2 people joined before I could get back in there as I was eating. Anyways I don't see why this is such a big issue it say empty all day and we decide to have some fun with our fellow guild mates and all hell breaks out.

I will switch TV3 back and forth if I need to that way we don't disturb anyone.
s.Squirrel
The Nut Stalker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s my fault the server was locked and no one else’s. I ask Merf last week if he would let eVa use the server for a couple of hours and he was nice enough to do it. Simple just did the work for me on locking out the server. Other Servers have been locked around here many times and we have never had a problem. Next time I’ll post so those people who play source wont anguish over losing two hours of playing time.

Ricen
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guilds need to meet. It doesn't happen that often.

Hope you had fun <eva>

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died.
Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General George S. Patton, Jr
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That we did and it was good to let loose and have fun. Nothing like a zooka fight to loosen your insides up. That and the alltalk trash talking even gives that little bit more that's missing.
bullseye lespaul
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simpleman wrote:
This never has been a issue before as I have setup servers for other guilds before. TV1 was empty all day as I was keeping a eye on it. I went and locked it 20 min. before everyone was to show up. Well the map changed and for some reason Source resets the PW and it became unlocked. 2 people joined before I could get back in there as I was eating. Anyways I don't see why this is such a big issue it say empty all day and we decide to have some fun with our fellow guild mates and all hell breaks out.

I will switch TV3 back and forth if I need to that way we don't disturb anyone.
YA THE SERVER WAS EMTY ALL DAY UNTILL WE STARTED
bullseye lespaul
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simpleman wrote:
That we did and it was good to let loose and have fun. Nothing like a zooka fight to loosen your insides up. That and the alltalk trash talking even gives that little bit more that's missing.
AND THAT RISK MAP IS THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME! sry for the double post its just to bug stevo! and oops caps lock
DJ George
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though I was nto home, I can see why something would be siad about TV1 being locked and not other servers. There is actually 2 reasons, the first being that it is our ONLY source server, so unlike locking 3 where they can go to 4, you lock 1 and there suddenly is no publc source server. The other reason, as has been pointed out, we have been making a big deal about repopulating TV1, then suddenly at the best time to get it populated it is locked with noone knowing what is going on, except for those who locked it. I actually give Rough Justice credit, he is working to get TV1 popular again, which brings me to my 3rd point

I am tired of seeing the 2nd post of every thread simply a person with nothign better than to complain about the first. Rough Justice my not present what he has to say the best, but he tries to help out the Ville, and a few of our long time regs get all over his case, the most obvious of which had (and in my view still does) have the same issuse.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah all those 2nd posts can get to you...

Anyway RJ, sorry about that. I don't know what I was thinking. It was Saturday night and I guess I shouldn't have been posting.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DJ George
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Stevo, you admitted you were wrong about your post in this thread, and that means alot, and takes alot. Like I said, RJ has to work on how he says stuff around here, but he has definately done his part to help DoD:S here at the Ville.
Rough Justice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the FYI - I know its hard to convey your point in text without sounding like your being an a$$hole or making demands, but I am not trying to do either - I think some that have talked with me in game know I just like playing here and am trying to help out - No prob Stevo - I know I must sound like a whiny biatch sometimes in my posts!

RJ
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL like I said I will use our server next time. Don't want to disturb anyone around here. TV1 was empty all day yesterday and if you look it's empty today. I watch these servers all day long. I'm sure anyone can tell you that, that has been here for any amount of time. I hate to see a server empty as you can ask the other server ops as we are talking all the time on how to get them filled up. I haven't been playing Source do to the fact that I couldn't deal with my FPS going from 80-15 all the time. Well that was fixed yesterday and now I have enough FPS for 3 people.

Believe me I more then anybody know whats going on with the servers and I'm sure almost anybody that knows me knows that. Servers have been locked down here for years for a couple hours for a group/guild so they can fun with there fellow mates. No-one and I mean no-one has ever had a issue with it. This goes all the way back to AvantiVille. I didn't see anyone complaining when TVB shut the server down for TVB nights. Fun nights and get togethers is part of TheVille and always has been. If you have been around here long enough you would know that.

Some people need to lighten up and ask around before posting in here sometimes. It's real easy to contact a server op and ask whats going on. This is the best and politest way to go about things. I for one don't like seing servers getting flamed for the most part in the forums. The server ops work hard to keep things going around here and I'm not just talking the servers.

We know what its like to try and revive a mod believe me. I swapped TV3 over when the other servers were down, because of the following of DoDv1.3 to keep this place rolling. It sat empty for 4 months with source on it and we tried whatever we could to revive it the drive just wasn't there for the players. Anyways I would like nothing more then DOD:S to take off as I don't want to see anybodies favorite game not make it. Believe me I was crushed when TFC basically faded out and I was one of the only ones tring to revive it for almost a year.

Anyways just think of how you should go about things sometimes. It's easy to contact someone instead of causing all this in a open forum. The server ops don't bite and they are very helpful. They go out of there way most of the time to make people happy and thats the bottom line.

Game on everyone and lighten up this is a place to come and relax and play a few games with your friends.
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add my two cents in here real quick...if anyone (this goes to you to rough justice and junkyard), has a question about the ville, what is going on at the ville, why something is someway and not the other day...IM ME...my screen name is in my profile and i am on the minute i wake up in the morning to the minute i go to bed at night...so please ask me anything.

Powdermilkman
BENDER

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George wrote:
Even though I was nto home, I can see why something would be siad about TV1 being locked and not other servers. There is actually 2 reasons, the first being that it is our ONLY source server, so unlike locking 3 where they can go to 4, you lock 1 and there suddenly is no publc source server. The other reason, as has been pointed out, we have been making a big deal about repopulating TV1, then suddenly at the best time to get it populated it is locked with noone knowing what is going on, except for those who locked it. I actually give Rough Justice credit, he is working to get TV1 popular again, which brings me to my 3rd point

I am tired of seeing the 2nd post of every thread simply a person with nothign better than to complain about the first. Rough Justice my not present what he has to say the best, but he tries to help out the Ville, and a few of our long time regs get all over his case, the most obvious of which had (and in my view still does) have the same issuse.

I totaly agree with George. and i also think its a good thing he posts something like that in forums, cuse many of us also dont know whats going on, that way evryone will know whats goin on. no need to keep it secret.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat Source All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: