FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Locking Down TV1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat Source
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BENDER.TVR wrote:
George wrote:
Even though I was nto home, I can see why something would be siad about TV1 being locked and not other servers. There is actually 2 reasons, the first being that it is our ONLY source server, so unlike locking 3 where they can go to 4, you lock 1 and there suddenly is no publc source server. The other reason, as has been pointed out, we have been making a big deal about repopulating TV1, then suddenly at the best time to get it populated it is locked with noone knowing what is going on, except for those who locked it. I actually give Rough Justice credit, he is working to get TV1 popular again, which brings me to my 3rd point

I am tired of seeing the 2nd post of every thread simply a person with nothign better than to complain about the first. Rough Justice my not present what he has to say the best, but he tries to help out the Ville, and a few of our long time regs get all over his case, the most obvious of which had (and in my view still does) have the same issuse.

I totaly agree with George. and i also think its a good thing he posts something like that in forums, cuse many of us also dont know whats going on, that way evryone will know whats goin on. no need to keep it secret.

LOL thats funny I don't see any post from TVR for there last get together. . "Do as I say not as I do " I take it.
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay...im putting up this warning...depending if this topic gets out of hand from here on out depends on if i will lock this subject down and that will be that...so just be mindful of what you are typing...

Powdermilkman
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simpleman wrote:
BENDER.TVR wrote:
George wrote:
Even though I was nto home, I can see why something would be siad about TV1 being locked and not other servers. There is actually 2 reasons, the first being that it is our ONLY source server, so unlike locking 3 where they can go to 4, you lock 1 and there suddenly is no publc source server. The other reason, as has been pointed out, we have been making a big deal about repopulating TV1, then suddenly at the best time to get it populated it is locked with noone knowing what is going on, except for those who locked it. I actually give Rough Justice credit, he is working to get TV1 popular again, which brings me to my 3rd point

I am tired of seeing the 2nd post of every thread simply a person with nothign better than to complain about the first. Rough Justice my not present what he has to say the best, but he tries to help out the Ville, and a few of our long time regs get all over his case, the most obvious of which had (and in my view still does) have the same issuse.

I totaly agree with George. and i also think its a good thing he posts something like that in forums, cuse many of us also dont know whats going on, that way evryone will know whats goin on. no need to keep it secret.

LOL thats funny I don't see any post from TVR for there last get together. . "Do as I say not as I do " I take it.

Well, we tend to choose mods that have the most servers so that people have an alternate. We ask the admins, and they approve the use of the server. It is up to the admins how they want to do it. Unlike eVa, the people who control the servers are not in our guild.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bleeding Tomato
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess if I understand you correctly stevo your saying you guys need to buy your own server to fix this problem #Fade in

The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that Powder said to lose the attitudes.
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I reread stevos post and he was commenting on tvr having no server admins. I read it wrong the first time. My mistake

Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this is like beating a dead horse. We went through all the right channels and the ones that needed to know knew what was going on. We went through the same steps as everyone else does. Don't know what else to tell ya. All I know is that we will use TV3 from now on.
Bleeding Tomato
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BENDER

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw bout how much is it to rent a server?
DJ George
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends. I know a 12 slot NS server was $64 a month, and a dedicated server was $90 a month
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George wrote:
Depends. I know a 12 slot NS server was $64 a month, and a dedicated server was $90 a month

Wow. I got an excellent 18 slot server for $36 a month. For $64, I could have gotten a 28 slot.

http://www.mammothgames.com/

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
DJ George
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:
George wrote:

Wow. I got an excellent 18 slot server for $36 a month. For $64, I could have gotten a 28 slot.

But I had NS, before the fixed the code, so it took 3 times the CPU as other mods
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George wrote:
Stevo wrote:
George wrote:

But I had NS, before the fixed the code, so it took 3 times the CPU as other mods

They let you put any mod you want on it. I don't think they even monitor CPU usage.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
deebo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

powdermilkman wrote:
Just to add my two cents in here real quick...if anyone (this goes to you to rough justice and junkyard), has a question about the ville, what is going on at the ville, why something is someway and not the other day...IM ME...my screen name is in my profile and i am on the minute i wake up in the morning to the minute i go to bed at night...so please ask me anything.

QFT
Powder Rocks!
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't the Events Calendar work anymore? (now i'm stirring up work silvermerf)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat Source All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: