FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Break Out!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gamepro65

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:39 am    Post subject: Break Out! Reply with quote

Hey guys, well ive been taking a java class at my highschool, and a kid in my class gave me an idea to make a break out game. (Lets just say in that class we only do 10 min of actual work, the rest is spent on playing games because the class is a pushover.) So i decided to attempt at achieving this feat. And well here it is, after 3 hours of coding/playing around.

Now i know this is no Half-Life but its one step closer on my path to getting there. . . hopefully .

ftp://Java:bwood@gp65java.no-ip.org:2750/BreakOut.jar
You might have to save it to your hard drive and then run it, clicking open is suspectable to error.
*Java Required To Play*

Basically its Break Out with a twist, when you hit a square the ball will randomly bounce in a different direction/speed. Levels go on forever, 5 lives. Now i know collision detection isnt nearly as perfect as i wish, and trust me sometimes youll see it hit and it wont im sorry the detection is bassed on your balls top left corner which is part of the reason, but itll do. Also if you change the focus on the window there is a good chance itll crash, not sure why but it does. Working on a pause function but im not exactly sure how yet. If you find anything wrong besides what is already stated, please tell me.

Hope you guys enjoy!

P.S. if anyone can think of a classic game such as this please let me know, lookin for lil programs that would be fun to remake.

Criticism Is Accepted.

Yes, this is a JAR file, not an applet. Dont try and open it with a web browser it wont work. Just double clicking on the Jar file should open it up in a new window.

Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally and utterly off topic but you've just given me a plan for a DoD:S map (which is good because my last plan fell flat on its face).

Some kind of Dod:s variation on breakout, the tfc map cstone and I did.
DJ George
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Break Out! Reply with quote

Gamepro65 wrote:
Now i know this is no Half-Life but its one step closer on my path to getting there. . . hopefully .

Now i know collision detection isnt nearly as perfect as i wish, and trust me sometimes youll see it hit and it wont

Sounds like you are there already
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gamepro65

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, thats horrible! but funny none the less.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: