FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Respawn camping clarification
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LJ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Respawn camping clarification Reply with quote

There was an update to the sticky but I don't think it really clarified some respawn areas.

1. anzio - from right allied spawn you open a door into a room. That room has an access point from the sewers. When i'm playing axis I like to go through that sewer access point to get to other areas. Because of that I've run into allies in the room and had to kill them on my way. I've been told at least one time that I was spawn camping because of it. But, I wasn't camping the room. I was just going through. I understand someone camping the room is just being a rude spawn camper but not for someone just going through.

2. Glider - from left allied spawn and before the house capture point. Sometimes you'll see axis camping in that area. Is that considered spawn camping? As an axis I won't go outside the house because I think it's spawn camping.

3. Glider - just outside the main axis spawn and above it on the landings. Sometimes you'll have allies camping there. Allies have to run through those areas but I think it's poor sportsmanship on their part to setup and camp that area.

4. kalt - just outside each spawn exit are some corners. This one should be a no brainer as spawn camping but I've even seen an admin or 2 doing it.

Also, is it considered map exploiting to boost an axis teammate into the allied sniper room on sturm?
shovelnose
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Respawn camping clarification Reply with quote

LJ wrote:

Also, is it considered map exploiting to boost an axis teammate into the allied sniper room on sturm?

yes.

no boosting, period.
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Respawn camping clarification Reply with quote

LJ wrote:
4. kalt - just outside each spawn exit are some corners. This one should be a no brainer as spawn camping but I've even seen an admin or 2 doing it.

I think this is legal if you are defending the flag there.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LJ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Respawn camping clarification Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:
LJ wrote:

Most often they don't take the flag and just go sit in corner and wait for about 5 people to run out and then shoot them all in the back.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Respawn camping clarification Reply with quote

LJ wrote:
Stevo wrote:
LJ wrote:

Most often they don't take the flag and just go sit in corner and wait for about 5 people to run out and then shoot them all in the back.

I would definitely call that spawn camping, then. As long as they take the flag, the other team is aware and has a fair chance.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BENDER

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Respawn camping clarification Reply with quote

STEVO WROTE: I think this is legal if you are defending the flag there.

haha i got banned for defending the flag... so all you can do is cap flag and run the hell out of their 1st flag or you'll get banned
deebo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Respawn camping clarification Reply with quote

BENDER.TVR wrote:
STEVO WROTE: I think this is legal if you are defending the flag there.

haha i got banned for defending the flag... so all you can do is cap flag and run the hell out of their 1st flag or you'll get banned

Different strokes for different folks...

what's spawn camping? never heard of it....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I hate that I consider exploiting is people increasing the sensitivity on the mouse to go rambo with the mg42. That's not how they intended that weapon to be used.
s.Squirrel
The Nut Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Anzio in my book camping in the room shooting out the door is spawn camping.
It’s ok to be passing through and kill someone but move on. There is no flag in there so don't sit there.

On Kalt you can be by the first flag, just have a purpose for being there. If you are going to cap the flag or you are trying to defend it while someone else is going for the other flag. I do it all the time and I assume you are talking about me. What I do is wait for you to run by then shoot you in the back. Then cap the flag.
God put kidneys in my head for a reason and I’m going to use them.

On glider never shoot into the spawn. Don’t sit up in the window behind the axis spawn and shoot into it. Glider is strange because you have to pass through a few spawn points. It’s an objective map and it’s going to happen. I don’t consider outside the allied house spawn camping either. There are really not a lot of places for the axis to spawn camp. However the allies have a few spots.

Boosting is a gray area. Never boost anybody or get boosted to exploit a map. Do not boost over a ramp that protects spawn. All I can say is if an admin ask you not to do it then don’t do it. People get boosted all the time in the courtyard at Kalt and that seems ok.

LJ

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's fair to not cap the flag and then shoot people in the back as they come out. That to me is cheap and spawn camping.
crazyhorse(AKA triclops)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: spawn camping in Kault Reply with quote

If I lay there with a machine gun ( mg-42 or 30 cal.) and shoot germans as they come over the burm; Yeah that's spawn camping. But if I cap the flag and lay around a corner and shoot germans as they run past to get the flag back or just run by and I shoot them; that to me is not spawn camping.
s.Squirrel
The Nut Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LJ wrote:
I don't think it's fair to not cap the flag and then shoot people in the back as they come out. That to me is cheap and spawn camping.

It’s a matter of timing. If you take the flag first and they come over the spawn you still have to shoot them right. If you wait for them to run by then shoot them it makes more sense. Plus they need to wait for the spawn timer now. You might have enough time to make it to the second flag. It may be cheap but its legal. There are all kinds of ways to play the game, its called strategy. As long as the intent is not to spawn camp to rack up kills it's ok. Plus the first flag is at the spawn so what are you going to do It's all in the intent, what is the person trying to do. Is he trying to win the map or cap a flag.

Last edited by s.Squirrel on Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
LJ

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being cheap about kills is certainly strategy yes. When people come out of their spawn they shouldn't have to check all the corners out of the spawn every time. That's why doing something like that racks up a lot of kills. Even if you're only there for 1 spawn it's still cheap. And it's not like a person needs my respect to play the game but a person that does that obviously won't get it.
s.Squirrel
The Nut Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can’t do anything about you respecting people’s game play. Like the great deebo says different strokes for different folks. People hide behind doors and shovel people all the time. I think that’s cheap but its part of the game.
You asked for a clarification on spawn camping and I gave you my interpretation

BENDER

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s.Squirrel wrote:
Can’t do anything about you respecting people’s game play. Like the great deebo says different strokes for different folks. People hide behind doors and shovel people all the time. I think that’s cheap but its part of the game.
You asked for a clarification on spawn camping and I gave you my interpretation

#Rofl that brings back old memories what kind of sexy people would hide behind doors then shovel u in the face
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: