FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Legitimizing the Stats
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat Source
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rough Justice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Legitimizing the Stats Reply with quote

I want to know what others think would improve the stats accuracy. Currently, the system is easily exploited - which I take advantage of to stat whore. But, some of the players that don't have stat whoring down get frustrated at how some less skilled players - in there opinion - are in the top 10, where they never seem to move up. Now, I know some server admins are well aware of this - loophole - and MAYBE use it to their advantage - of course this is all speculation. My suggestion would be to up the number of players before flag caps count (10 players) - this way 3 on 3 can still run around shoveling each other without running their stats up. I think 10 is a good number because once there is that many players on the server it usually fills up quickly. Add what you think would help improve the server scoring!

Rough
bullseye lespaul
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

best i can tell you have to be a camper to get good stats all the top ten are snipers! #Fist
Rough Justice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt we have two players in the top 10 that are snipers with negative k/d's - Top10 in source are NOT snipers. Cmon, Merf and Bender all know what I'm talking about - I just trying to be more observant of Rule 6 - but, there is a certain empty feeling I get when I know i'm blantantly stat whoring.
cmon
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think patches needs some broke back justice.

patch scratch fever

Last edited by cmon on Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total
LJ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't put any value in the ranking. No matter what kind of system you come up with people will always find ways to get a higher ranking. It's funny, the only people that truly care about a high ranking are those that play only to get a higher ranking.

If you play there regularly you get a feel for your own ranking system of players.
l3eeron
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LJ wrote:
If you play there regularly you get a feel for your own ranking system of players.

If you look at my stats I suck. So I just don't look

eternalVillealliance
BENDER

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Legitimizing the Stats Reply with quote

Rough Justice wrote:
I want to know what others think would improve the stats accuracy. Currently, the system is easily exploited - which I take advantage of to stat whore. But, some of the players that don't have stat whoring down get frustrated at how some less skilled players - in there opinion - are in the top 10, where they never seem to move up. Now, I know some server admins are well aware of this - loophole - and MAYBE use it to their advantage - of course this is all speculation. My suggestion would be to up the number of players before flag caps count (10 players) - this way 3 on 3 can still run around shoveling each other without running their stats up. I think 10 is a good number because once there is that many players on the server it usually fills up quickly. Add what you think would help improve the server scoring!

Rough

I totaly agree to start adding points 10+ players... lol bullseye i doubt theres any sniper in the top 10, L J 90% of us i beliv do put the value in ranking, maybe to you being top10 means nothing cuse u cant keep up or ur never been but to the more dedicated gamers it does matter, we dont want perfect, we just want better, and so if u say ranking doesnt matter then wheres the harm in changin the ranking system a bit?
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you guys should be talking to the developers of the stats program themselves.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PReD

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:48 am    Post subject: Re: Legitimizing the Stats Reply with quote

BENDER.TVR wrote:
Rough Justice wrote:

Rough

I totaly agree to start adding points 10+ players... lol bullseye i doubt theres any sniper in the top 10, L J 90% of us i beliv do put the value in ranking, maybe to you being top10 means nothing cuse u cant keep up or ur never been but to the more dedicated gamers it does matter, we dont want perfect, we just want better, and so if u say ranking doesnt matter then wheres the harm in changin the ranking system a bit?

Well up untill my 2 week vacation from Ville, I was top 6-7, and Im a sniper. But I cap....
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know stats are imporant to some people out there in the ville community but a vast majority of the players who do play here do not care about stats and merely play this game for entertainment value. Stats have never been an important part of the ville structure and i don't see that changing. We will look into the stats and perhaps tweeking them in the future to prevent exploiting and cute down on whoring them, but there will always be a way to exploint this game.

PMM
Patches

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:46 am    Post subject: Try more suicides 4 pointz! It Workz 4 me! Reply with quote

Kwit yer krying R.J. You asked 4 a showdown last weekend and U were PWNED! #Bluegrab
panthro

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rough Justice I am top 10 and I do understand what you are saying about 4 being a low player count and 10 is too high. But as far as my Kill to death ratio being in the red, I get a lot of flags. And that is the object of the game to get all the flags and then guess what you win. I am the one who is willing to move up by myself while my whole team is camping on some maps. I don't sit back and camp so my precious ratio will be 2:1.
herr biermeister

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think RJ that with all the time you have spent on TV1 your score would be better than it is. Here is a simple rule to follow

More Capping - Less Camping = better gameplay

The flags are there for a reason. They are a part of the game.
The admins have been making improvements in how stats are calculated

I notice that you are second in hours played. maybe you should get points for that.
Rough Justice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

herr biermeister wrote:

More Capping - Less Camping = better gameplay

The flags are there for a reason. They are a part of the game.
The admins have been making improvements in how stats are calculated

Biermeister you should check the action stats and see how many flags I have capped - I think you have me confused with Bender on the camping part. If the number of players were raised before caps counted - and you played when the server was full - I think you would find it difficult to stay in the top 50.

To help improve the system "some" can we raise the number of players before caps count to 8?

I will prove my point this afternoon - I will take an early lunch with the lunchtime statwhore crew - we will have maybe 6-8 players and I will go up 400 points in an hour - Then I will play tonight on a full server and drop points - mostly cause of lower point players, but you can play well and still lose points when you have higher points then the majority of most the players.
merf
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this stat talk would be moot if we can just keep the server full. I can't stand seeing the server empty all the time. Why don't we discuss ways to draw more players.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat Source All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: