FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Electrify your DoD + 1

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JtH

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject: Electrify your DoD + 1 Reply with quote

Well due to the fact that i got sick of the sounds and some of the visuals in dod i decided to download some new ones. I got Ten Yard's old pack from way back when, as well as getting several others from numerous locations.

I found each of these to be sufficient in some areas, and lacking in others. Therefore i decided to make my own pack which took the best of the several packs i downloaded and rolled them into one.

Some things i have in there are: different(and in my opinion better) weapon sounds, different(again IMO better) ambient noise, changed objective sprites, a crosshair pack including 16 different crosshairs, changed victory sounds, minimilized hud display, and a few other things.

Heres where you guys come in. Download the file, then extract it to your steam/steamapps/*Your Email Address*/dayofdefeat/dod folder. You will need winrar to do this but you can get it free pretty much anywhere.

Heres the big part of this, whether you decide to use the pack or not. Tell me what you think should be added/changed in the pack. Like which weapon sounds you do not like, if i should add a blood puff sprite in there, or numerous other things. I am striving to make a definitive pack here so any problems with it would be welcome. Im sick of having to run to 20 different websites when i uninstall steam or dod and get all of my sounds and stuff back. Also, having new sounds and such makes the game fresher and less repetitive, making the fun factor much higher.

If you do not want to keep the pack installed, simply delete those three folders you dragged into your dod folder. Next time you open DoD, it will be returned to boring normal

**I do not make any claim to any of these sounds, sprites, and other files as being mine. They are all the properties of their respective creators, i am merely taking the best from all of the incredible modders and rolling it into one convenient place.**

Get it here

And thanks to Cobra for the hosting, it is greatly appreciate it. Once i get you guy's input i will be making further versions. You can get the newest version here as well and i will put them up as soon as i can.

Last edited by JtH on Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:51 am; edited 3 times in total
cobra
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack, send it to me, i'll host it.
JtH

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how can i get it to you?

xfire maybe?
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's the link:

clicky!
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone still have Masterchief's? I reformatted and can't find it now. It was great for laughs on the odd occasion.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I put it on today out of curiosity, and I really like it, I only have a few dislikes, one being the flag size, I like the graphic, the only problem is that at times they get in the way. The other is that a lot of the gun fire sounds the same, and just doesn't sound right, the bar sounds like a toy gun and the sniper rifle could sound a little more powerful, other than that its a nice addition to the game.

Oh yeah, and the allied victory song is great!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just using the scope sprites. I had found those before then I overwrote them somehow with crappy ones and I couldn't find these ones again. So thanks

I've tried those flags before and although they do look cool I don't like how they're bigger and they interfere with my sniping from allied cap 2 on avalanche.
JtH

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, i realized that the flags are a little big. Im gonna take care of that, as well as a few of the weapon sounds.

Thanks for the input guys, its much appreciated. Stay tuned because ill put updated versions of it up here when i get a chance.

Oh and one more thing:

Cmon, more people need to download it.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Nanite wrote:
Does anyone still have Masterchief's? I reformatted and can't find it now. It was great for laughs on the odd occasion.

I will see what I can do Nanite, i might still have it....if not he may

Longest Running Show in Broadway History 1/9/06
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: