FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Not Annoyed Anymore
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
(+)ASSASSIN(+)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are they Vac secured servers? Did you somehow get globally banned?
JtH

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i didnt look to see whether they are vac secured or not, but my brother was banned by vac before so i know that message. and on that, lets just say, he used some.... unsportsmanlike programs.

the error message was something like

You have been banned by VAC for either so many days or permanently
You may still play on unsecure servers.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, this is like my 8th double post in this thread but i fixed it.

Thank the heavens i fixed it. Let me give you a quick rundown of how this was accomplished.

Well due to the fact of my birthday being this friday past, i brought my router and computer over Shovelnose's house to lan party it up. I plugged my router into his cable modem and took all of my ip, gateway, and dns settings out of it. Cable modems dont need any specific ip and stuff, they get it all ISP side.

I got home on saturday and hooked everything back up. I then proceeded to put in my ip, gateway and dns settings. Now i have 3 copies of these written down in various places. I cross checked them from the original copy the install guy gave me so i knew they were all accurate.

Aside from not being able to play dod, i have been having extremely high latency issues, and other weird stuff since i brought my router back from the humble shovelnose's residence. I thought it was just my ISP because they arent exactly top notch but its all i can get in the back woods of pennsylvania.

So after being ready to pee all over my computer and punch everyone at my isp in the face 200 times, and burn steam's head office down, i decided to be rational. I figured there had to be a logical reason for this.

After going through the electronic hell hole of netgear's, steam's, dell's, and my ISP's tech support, talking to my isp's tech guy on the phone (which sounded like he was 12 and had no clue what i was talking about when i metioned common terms like latency, dropping, router, and last but not least SUPPORT) I decided to go through my routers settings just as a last ditch effort to avoid drowning myself in a sea of tears.

I check the ip address, go over it twice to make sure. check my subnet mask, reading it ten times over to myself, just for further redundancy. Then i get to my gateway, and WHAM! i got hit in the face with a virtual pie of idiocy. The gateway on the router read 216.28.149.197, the gateway on paper read 216.28.149.193.

Thinking that this could not in anyway be the problem. I mean, how could it, it was only one measly digit, only 4 numbers off. I run steam, i click on my favorites tab. My palms are sweating, i move my cursor onto theville.org IV and double click. This is it, theres no turning back. DoD loads, and i feel my heart jump. My mouth becomes dry as it begins joining.

And then, i get in. Tears swell my eyes, my heart leaps for joy. I raise my hands to the sky and praise God for giving me a new lease on life.

My moral of this story? I didnt know i had to have one, but after reading all that im sure of you would want one, so here it is.

Friends, if you want to avoid rolling down the information superhighway on the e-shortbus, try not to become e-tarded.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back Jack!!

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died.
Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General George S. Patton, Jr
Hamese
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JacktheHomeless wrote:
So after being ready to pee all over my computer ...

We told you to fill it with water, not pee on it.

Anyway, I am suprised you were able to get anywhere on the internet with the wrong gateway. That one wrong number means a lot in the routing world.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: