FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cake wrote:
i coach basketball for grade school kids one night a week and i've found that one way to make sure the teams are always even is to choose two of them as captains and then let them pick the teams. they regulate themselves this way because they're smart and they know everyone's skill. when i carefully try to make things even by choosing teams, or when i randomly assign numbers to people, it never works out because one team inevitably is a lot better than the other.

just something to consider you might think about picking the captains and then having them pick teams, almost like a fantasy league draft. swear them to secrecy, nobody has to know who got picked in what order. for the most part, though, people probably know about when they would be picked anyway.

That's what we did last time and it worked out pretty well. The teams were pretty even.

Have we decided on maps yet? Kalt and Saints were found to be very even maps last time.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Killer KoolAid Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOOO LETS GO !
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SwEeTLuScIouSGaNjA

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should play.

Kalt,saints,sturm, those are all pretty even maps. There could be others though.

-GaNjA

Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love
-Lao Tzu-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legoland

COME ON PEOPLES WE NEED A FEW MORE !!!!

We are letting this run through the weekend so bring all your friends and sign them up .
Killer KoolAid Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STURM! your nuts! worst map ever...lol...

actually we have quite a few... i say if people are serious about this, you need to set up dates that it will be on. Because I know I say i can do it now, but thats completely depending on times and the days... Whoever is trying to plan this throw out a few dates/times...and have people PM your or email you with the dates/times they woul dbe able to do it...would be easier to organize
gator
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in... hope I'm not too late.
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When we get everything setup we will give out the dates. We need to get as many people as possible to make sure we have enough to fill enough teams. As of right we are a few short of the planned event, but that can be altered if we don't get enough to fill all the teams.
bullseye lespaul
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pm me if there is anything i can do to help get it goin!
BENDER

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aw man i thout we were voting for cptns, i woulda had nominated good ol bender
bullseye lespaul
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just keeping this post at the top
Blessed Hellride

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Was justing checking out the site Reply with quote

Was on today and thought i would check out the website and Bullseye wasnt lying it looks awsome. I guess ill go ahead and put my hat in the race for the competive league. Good luck eveyone.
Spotty
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh man....you know im in, give me a KAR and a BAR and I'm all good
Killer KoolAid Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats your coutn at so far?
sgt stutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killer KoolAid Man wrote:
STURM! your nuts! worst map ever...lol...

actually we have quite a few... i say if people are serious about this, you need to set up dates that it will be on. Because I know I say i can do it now, but thats completely depending on times and the days... Whoever is trying to plan this throw out a few dates/times...and have people PM your or email you with the dates/times they woul dbe able to do it...would be easier to organize

Whats your coutn at so far?

I appreciate the enthusiasm but we can't just throw out dates there are formats for the matches being worked on type of matches, schedule for all the matches’ number of teams and size of teams. A draft is being set up so the teams will be as even as we can get them. If this is to be done correctly we are not just going to throw out dates and times and hope it works it won't. This is going to be done so it works, that way it will be much less frustrating when it happens. There are about 43 so far that have shown interest we are going to let this run through the weekend we will then have enough information worked out to maybe have some tentative dates for the Cup. Please don't start pushing we are working as diligently as we can to make this a FUN event you will all enjoy and remember for a while. We need you support not pushiness.

P.S. Those that have offered there help may be contacted, thanks in advance to those that have volunteered and those that are currently helping.

click--><eVa>SuperGreg

R.I.P Trigger Happy
Tickles

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pushing to the top, it's off the main page.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 5 of 14

Jump to: