FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New DoD Map rotation

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gil

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: New DoD Map rotation Reply with quote

A couple days ago a friend of mine and me were fooling aorund with some DoD ideas when we came across this one. To have an actual WWII scenorio whihc the outcome of each battle determained both the map and how many more lives each team had left. We came up with a mod to which axis and allies would be given x-number of lives prolly in the millions, given historical data. Then starting on DoD_Charlie start the scenorio. The out come for that would determain yet again teh next map. Which custom maps would come into great play. Either making mroe french based and even some british land based if the axis did that well. Before each battle the leader of each team would decide how many lives from the x-number he would like to give for that particular mission, then until teh objectives are taken or all lives are spent do the teams move onto the next area of play. This idea is still in its infancy and if anyone likes it pleaes contact me because i am working heavily on making this a reality scenario for somethign new to be played. I just wanted to share this with all my friends on The Ville. Thanx
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea is good, though vaguely similar to BFE.

You'd need a good system of rules to establish who gets to be on what team, how many people per team, how long a battle lasts (standard half hour is quick but won't let everyone signed up for a certain side play).

Perhaps a system whereby the winners get rewarded with, say an increased mg allowance for their side (assuming this can be done), would be good
Gil

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah all ideas would be much appreciated because 2 guys trying to work at it is time consuming. I'll repost the set of rules which i have written down in a bit. Any more feedback would be amazing.
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this idea has been done once here, on a specific night. I don't remember the details though.

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Gil

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok heres the rules, sorry so late.

The allies will be allowed a startig army of 10 million troops, which every death accured will subtract that from the initial army, the axis will start with 9 million. These ratios were determained due to maps the axis get to sit and camp the allies. The scenario will start on D-Day and lets say the axis win this. That means the allies invasion plans have failed allowing for an axis assault of main land britain. if the axis then win that, they may move into a set of 4-6 missions before coming to London. If the allies anywhere in those battles win they push the axis back to the previous map. But lets say the allies win D-Day. The next map to be played will end up being Cheleux which i have nearly completed. other maps will follow. It will be a systematic map play based on who won teh previous map.

The way the allies win is by capturing Berlin. Axis will win if it captures London or kills all allied troops. The way peopel will be devided will first be based off of preferance, the second will be based off of adims being split between both teams. The leaders of each force will stay on the same team all teh tiem but others may switch back and forth if wanted, (But you will prolly want to have your side win so the people will pretty much stay put) Again more changes will come more maps will be added the complete list will be here hoepfully soon
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: