FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Looking for a laptop...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WiseOldJames{ATL}
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:13 am    Post subject: Looking for a laptop... Reply with quote

Requirements:
3.2 AMD (at the least)
1Gb RAM
80GB harddrive
under $1500 really not looking to spend over too much over $1300

Thats the basics.

So far I've found the ABS G3 Mayhems to be rather good. With everything I want in it, it'd be $1,271.99.

Also checked out the HP Pavilions . The HP I want would have cost me $$1,387.98 .I like the accidental damage warrenty.

From ABS warrenty info:
Warranty does not apply to those products that are damaged due to misuse, abuse, negligence or modification by any party other than ABS.

Warranty does not extend to any damage that occurs in shipment or due to natural phenomenon (i.e. lightning or line surges).

Someone explain to me the difference between AMD Turion(TM) 64 ML-37 (2.0GHz/1MB L2 Cache) and the AMD Athalon 3400, please.

ABS Specs I picked
-AMD Athlon 64 3400+ 1MB L2 64-bit
-15.4" WXGA wide screen barebone (Silver Color)
-ATI Mobile Radeon 9700 with 128MB dedicated video memory
-Quantity 2 of Kingston 512MB DDR333 SODIMM (Total 1GB)
-Hitachi 80GB 7200RPM 8MB Cache
-8x Dual DVD+/- RW Drive
-IEEE 802.11a/b/g up to 54Mbps Wireless Mini-PCI Adapter
-McAfee Virus Scan Version 8.0 with One Year of Updates

-HP SPECS I picked.
- Processor AMD Turion(TM) 64 ML-34 (1.8GHz/1MB L2 Cache)
-15.4" WXGA Widescreen (1280x800)
-128MB ATI RADEON(R) XPRESS 200M w/Hypermemory(TM)
-1.0GB DDR SDRAM (2x512MB)
-80 GB 4200 RPM Hard Drive
-DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive
-54g(TM) 802.11b/g WLAN w/ 125HSM/SpeedBooster(TM)
-12 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
-Symantec(TM) Norton Internet Security(TM) 2005
-1-year HP Accidental Damage Protection with Express Repair extended service plan

I'm thinking the HP mostly because of that warrenty (me being deployed and all)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ABS looks slightly better to me, but if you need a good warrenty then get the HP. Unless you can get ABS with a better warrenty. I'm not sure about those processors though.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
WiseOldJames{ATL}
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm probably going with the HP mainly because of the warrenty. ABS has better specs but once it falls off the truck i'm out of a laptop. I'll have to ask if they cover small arms fire hehe.

I looked at IBUYPOWER but again i was turned back to HP because of the warrenty.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: