FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Paint Ball Help

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Paint Ball Help Reply with quote

whats an easy way to refill co2 cartridges for paint ball. I see that there are recharge stations but they are pricey. Is there a cheap way to do it?

I have a large CO2 tank and have several 9oz gun tanks. what is needed to connect and refill?

any help would be appreciated from you paint ball veterans

any safety hints would also be great. nothing like learning from others...
Canadian Rifle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.a-1paintball.com/pages/articles/CO2.html

this might help u a bit but i dont remeber filling mine up cuz i left mine at my cottage and havent gone out this year so ya srry

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Mike

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you need a psi meter and i know you have to be trained to fill a co2 tank. if the tank starts getting icy put away somewhere safe. mine was like that after i filled it at a place but it was fine later, but there as an article in the news about some kid's tank exploded after it was icy and he filled it at the same place. The place I filled it at probably frosted because they had a huge tank which the gas was probably a very high pressure which caused it to be colder and made the bottle condense water in the air and freeze it. Sports authority has normal sized tanks (oversized scuba tanks) which probably are lower pressure and those never frost the bottle.

Just be very careful and i would even ask a guy who works at a filling station for advice if you really want to do this.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try filling it with chlorine gas.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe after a grueling game of who has the most hits....I smoked the boy!...errr I was smoked by the boy!!! errrrr I dont know who got the worse of it but the horse area will not be the same for a while....

Great fun !!!
KillerRoofcutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was awsome! I got hit in the face mask and that hurt the most. Go multiple layers of clothes and a padded vest! I think I hit roof more dont know... He got a double on me thought. Both shoulders when I was running for cover with no ammo. I got grazed in the hair when I was ducking behind a bush.... And I hit the windows heh... just washed them off.

PICKACHU GOT OWNED!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ricen
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find a "Sports Authority" they filled one of my employee's 20oz tank for about $5.00. You may also check with your local cola vender. Anyone who takes care of fountain drinks should be able to fill co2 tanks.

safety hint ---- play more DOD. The sad fact is ---- paint balls hurt.

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died.
Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General George S. Patton, Jr
KillerRoofcutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are going to Velocity Paintaball filling 9oz tanks for about $1.74 and 20oz will fill for $3 bucks there. And they have everything cheap there too. They beat wal mart . And we wore a bunch of clothes. It did not hurt much at all.

PICKACHU GOT OWNED!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JtH

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nah you dont have to be licensed to fill co2 tanks or compressed air tanks.

co2 tanks are mostly liquid co2, hence why its cold. after rapid firing the tank will freeze up making your shots inconsistent with velocity. i used co2 for a year then decided just to buy a compressed air cylinder for my gun. it was a very good decision as it lasts longer, doesnt get cold, and is more consistent.

But if you are honestly going to want to fill your own i recommend buy a compressed air tank for your paintball gun. they arent that expensive and you can get one on ebay for around 40 dollars. then all you need is a compressed air fill station. they are the same ones used to fill scuba tanks and do nothing more than compress the air you breathe and put it into a tank.

Roof, you might have an air compressor powerful enough already to fill them since, if i remember right, you were in the construction filled. depending on the tank you buy you will need to be able to compress to 2500 or 3000 psi. If you do have an industrial air compressor just buy a scuba fill station for around 20 bucks or so. if you dont have an air compressor that mighty they will run you about 2500 bucks for a cheapy.

all i can recommend on tanks is that if you get a compressed air tank make sure you get it hydrostatically retested every couple years. this will make sure there are no problems that could lead to structural failure of the tank that could cause it to explode.

Also if you go with a compressed air tank for your gun. You might be able to go to your local fire hall and get them to fill it for you for cheap or even free. Thats what i used to do. If they fill their tanks there they could do yours without a problem.

To answer your question, to fill co2 tanks all you need is one of the large co2 tanks used for fountain drinks. For ones you exchange out and stuff i believe run around 200 dollars and youll get a bunch of fills out of it. It's worth it if you play alot but if you are only playing once a month i wouldnt bother.
Ricen
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KillerRoofcutter wrote:
We are going to Velocity Paintaball filling 9oz tanks for about $1.74 and 20oz will fill for $3 bucks there. And they have everything cheap there too. They beat wal mart . And we wore a bunch of clothes. It did not hurt much at all.

LOl --- You must have a whole bunch of clothes one, cause my guys are comming into the office with buises as big around as a shot glass. It sounds like a good time though!!

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died.
Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General George S. Patton, Jr
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe yes we were dough boys with all the layers on...but of course there were open areas and you are right the bruises are at least as large as shot glasses! It really stings for a few minutes then they become badges of glory! haha
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: