FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Map Selection

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Tiju

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Map Selection Reply with quote

I've noticed for awhile now that we have been playing the same maps again and again every single day.

Is there ne map that you would like to see played on the server that hasnt been lately???

"Never Fear The Tiju is Here"
LJ

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every dod1.3 map (that is released with version 1.3) is in rotation and is available for voting. the-ville frowns on custom maps due to how they always seem to empty a server. Which is something I agree on.

It's been suggested in the past to have a custom map night or something like that but it seems no one that has the ability to do it is interested in doing it.
loka

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the other thring i noticed is people vote for the same maps over and over each night. Thus leaving the effect that we play the same maps every night. In cases this is true. Theres a post questioning whether votemap should just be gone. just set it on a rotation of all the maps on the servers. of course you dont want it to come to a map where people will start emptying out. in which case let people on the forums vote from an array of maps which maps would be on rotation?

The Tiju

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think that we should go into a map rotation...i played 2day and the map choice was Jagd then Donner then Flash and Jagd again...thankfully Replica was there to switch maps. MAP ROTATION IS NEEDED NOT MAP VOTING

"Never Fear The Tiju is Here"
Malanthros

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had something before that maps werent able to come back into the vote rotation for a while after they were picked. I'm not sure if thats still in effect anymore.

Thank you Loka for helping me realize my dream of having a Sig.
mUj0
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Map voting is good and i hope it stays that way . Because even if a map comes up that i dont want to play..there'll be someone there who will play it too, a fellow villun. The ville is not about what map you're playing, its who' you're playing with As long as I've been on the ville, IV has been a vote server...I'd hate to see that change

Colossians 2:20 "You have died with Christ, and he has set you free from the evil powers of this world. So why do you keep on following rules of the world"
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The admins will also override the vote from time to time. I always override Vicenza when it comes up. It always, always cuts the server population in half. The other night Donner kept being voted up every other map so I changed it a few times then as well.

The admins don't always play for hours on end so we may not be aware that whatever map won was just played. Just point that out and they will usually pick another one.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure I was one of the people that voted for Donner that time you mention it. The other choices I recall were vicenza, zalec, caen and forest. Given those choices hands down I'd rather play donner even if it meant I just played it.

I just find that far too often the 4 maps of vicenza, zalec, caen and forest comes up as choices because they're hardly played. They're hardly played because they're the least popular. So, whichever map or 2 comes up as the alternative almost always wins the vote.
.Bez

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAL Map Night? I mean sherman is a very good map...I was my favorite when I played CAL. If ppl have the map and have ever played i think they will chose it over forest anyday...Come on ppl...CAHNGE IS GOOD.....sometimes. And yes i have also noticed that those same maps are always on the vote selection...but they are all good maps...ppl just need to open up their minds. sure caen is dumb sometimes cuz ppl camp...but what map is fun when everyone camps? all maps have there negatives, gotta take the good with the bad.
v.o.c

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

youve also got to remember that people come and go so someone whos been in for 2 hours might of played the map an hour ago but someone only 15 minutes in has'nt and not everyone plays for hour after hour so every couple of maps over 50% of the players voting may not of played any of the choices but the player in their second hour has. maybe if theres a way of stopping a map coming in the vote thats been played within the last couple of hours that would be helpful

www.3foottall.com
SilverOne
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We used to have a plugin that remembered the last 5 maps voted. It was removed due to a upgrade of the system. I will look for an updated version of the plugin.

TV4 will always have a map vote. It always has, and it works.

TV3 and 5 have different rotations. TV3 is using the old TV1 rotation that was very popular. TV5 is using its original rotation before the servers went down.

"STOP FLAPPIN' THE YAP AND WATCH THE LANGUAGE" ~Blue Ruler
"Silver is Cheezylicious" ~MErf
Richter-
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mUj0 wrote:
Map voting is good and i hope it stays that way . Because even if a map comes up that i dont want to play..there'll be someone there who will play it too, a fellow villun. The ville is not about what map you're playing, its who' you're playing with As long as I've been on the ville, IV has been a vote server...I'd hate to see that change

Well put mUj0. I play DOD on TheVille servers only. You will never catch me on another and it's because of who plays on them and the quality of the players on the servers. I sure would hate to see things change.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: