FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
DOD:S Llamas, rule breakers and annoying players.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat Source
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:15 am    Post subject: DOD:S Llamas, rule breakers and annoying players. Reply with quote

I think Valves wishes have come true and that is that many CS:S players have moved over to DOD:S and of course they brought all their baggage, attitudes and childish behavior with them

I would like to ask all Villans to be on the lookout for people excessivly cursing, swearing, door blocking and generally being llamas. Those that dont follow our rules and uphold our principals really shouldnt be playing here.

Please take a moment and write down the players name and steam ID and either submit a complaint through the complaint department or send me a private message with the info and we will do our best to clean up the servers, one bad apple at a time.

JD
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we also get a ruling as to whether or not calling the opposing team (usually aimed at the axis) 'nazis' is allowed?

My vote is for no, cos chances are, they ain't
mUj0
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you J.D. for some very good advice. Sometimes I feel like i'm the only Villun on the DOD:S servers trying to uphold our beliefs.

When someone is excessivly breaking the rules, i'll say something like: Foul language will not be tolerated, or Watch the Language. Usually that person will stop. But just the other day, some dude got a real attitude problem..he told me that since i'm not the admin, i should just let the admins do their jobs. I said that was all find and dandy except that no admins were present at the moment. (or if they were, they were hiding). He then extended his advice to: "go F*$% yourself", i told him no thanks and wrote down his steam ID, then i lost it .

I really do try to help out in the servers, because i know you guys (admins) cant be everywhere at once, you all have lives (except for Cobra ). I just feel like i'm all alone out there when the admins arent there. Some villuns wont even speak up! I get very discouraged with this sometimes.

I just hope what little bit i can do is helping.

Colossians 2:20 "You have died with Christ, and he has set you free from the evil powers of this world. So why do you keep on following rules of the world"
s.Squirrel
The Nut Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve been on another sever playing and had regulars come get me because of problems they are having. When I get to that server they won’t tell me whom they are having problems with. People need to speak up. We can’t get rid of them if we don’t know who they are.
Also if these troublemakers know this is a community that doesn’t put up with this crap we will have a lot less problems.

mUj0
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s.Squirrel wrote:
People need to speak up. We can’t get rid of them if we don’t know who they are.
Also if these troublemakers know this is a community that doesn’t put up with this crap we will have a lot less problems.

Yup, just like on our reg DoD servers..doesn't happen alot there because people know we dont put up with it. Most of the people on DoD:S are new the the ville. and people do need to speak up.

Colossians 2:20 "You have died with Christ, and he has set you free from the evil powers of this world. So why do you keep on following rules of the world"
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys JD has some real sound advice and i would like whomever writes down and doesn't send the info to the complaint to dept. to also PM me with the info....It will take a bit but we will get these bad apples out of the ville....also i am going to put my screen names on the bottom here and would like any admin who doesn't mind be contacted whenever he or she is on to do the same...this will allow the admins to be easier to get in touch with....but everyone please please use the complaint dept. Sometimes i know its slow and sometimes it looks like it isn't working or we are sitting on the complaint...well the complaint dept. has a 100% success rate in getting rid of bad apples...so use it

Feel free if there is any trouble to contact me...im usually by or near or can hear my IM noise and will quit what i am doing to help out.

AIM-Toad482
MSN-toad482@hotmail.com

Powder
sgt stutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
send me a private message with the info and we will do our best to clean up the servers, one bad apple at a time.
agree

The buttons below will give you my MSN and AIM names add me just let me know who you are lol. I am on quite a bit so please do not hesitate to contact me. I log into the ville at all times of the day and night for PMs, the complaint dept would be good as well. If I can not deal with it at the time I should be able to get a hold of someone that can.

click--><eVa>SuperGreg

R.I.P Trigger Happy
Kahlan Amnell
Queen of Spam

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aim: KahlAmnel
Yahoo: smurfyette927 (at) yahoo.com

pm me or shoot me an email at the above addy also works, both will alert me. I should be getting more time to be near the computer while I study, and if I'm not on, try one of the other guys

Just let me know who you are... otherwise I be like... um? hi? who be you? hehe

http://ctprofiles.net/799963
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup as everyone knows I'm really easy to get a hold of as I am home 24/7 for the most part. I have been working on alot of things the last couple weeks so I have not been on the servers much. I have almost everything taken care of now and should be seeing me more on the servers again.

AIM = SimplemanVS

MSN = Simpleman3334@hotmail.com

Contact me at any time. If I don't respond just leave the info I will take care of it. Please use the complaint Dept. as well I check it 10-15 times a day . Thanks for the help everyone we will get the rift raft off the servers
cobra
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx mujo

love to have some more free time though......

but then again, we all have bills to pay.......
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsut because we have bills cobra doesn't mean you have to pay them.. its the american way!

mine are

aim: Gizanked555
msn: gizanked at hotmail.com

im usually only on msn if i'm on aim too and if i'm off i am not home or i'm in game already.
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: Trouble Reply with quote

Hey we all know there is going to be problems and we need to suck it up. We are all use to playing @ theVille sheltered from the rest of the scum and inmature kids. That was the biggest reason I became a supporter because of the maturity level, rules, and they were inforced. All of the Admin do a great job and are all good guys. I have noticed that it's hard to find any regulars on 1 due to all the BS. For now we just have to roll the windows up, lock the doors and call 911.
Thanks guys for making yourselves so available!!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know on dod 1.3 how to get steam ids , but how do we get them on source?
D.B.Cooper
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe forgot to sign in, thats my post above

OpTlk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same as before Cooper...

in fact there are several different ways to get the necessary info.

1) open console, type 'status' and write down Name & Steam ID of the person
2) open console, type 'status' , then type 'condump', then open txt file in dir and view relevant info at bottom of file
3) open console, type 'status' and then take a screenshot of console window
4) write down the person's name and then look on the stats page for thier Steam ID

there might be other ways(im not sure) but any of these will get you the info needed for the admins to take care of the problem. and remember evidence is always helpful!(screenies, condumps, witnesses)

http://www.myspace.com/pvallone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat Source All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: