FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Some Help please

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ George
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Some Help please Reply with quote

I just finished work on the first phase of my new Rocky Horror site. I wanted to get people's oppions of it, and would like to hear what you guys think. There are still some pages that need to be done, but I wanted to hear people though so far so I don't start working on stuff and then find out something is wrong with it from the user's standpoint. So please take a look and also answer the following questions (This also is a bit of a school project with the questions for my website administration class)

Site - http://www.barbertonrhps.com/

1 - What do you think the goal of this site is? (aka What am I tring to get you to do because of the site)

2 - Does the site accomplish this goal well (scale of 1 to 10)

3 - Can you easily find your way around the site?

4 - Does the link titles and menu titles seem logical? (aka when you go to the menu or a link, do you find what you would expect)

And now some questions from me

5 - Do you like the lay out (I used a rather standard layout)

6 - Do you think I should add more graphics (I wanted a simple look, but I also want one that will make people want to comeback)

7 - Does it have a some what professional feel (I did all coding except for the forums, photogallery, and trivia myself)

and then any other comments or feed back you may have.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminds me of JCOM for some reason - can't imagine why:

Anyhoo - to answer your questions:
1) To get me to go ALL the way to ohio to see your shows.
2) Well I probably won't go, but if I was in the area I would, so 9/10
3) Yup
4) Yup
5) Yes - Especially like the picture on the left that changes each time you load the page (standard layouts are there because they're easy to use - if they weren't easy, they wouldn't be standard)
6) Nah - too many graphics spoil things- besides you've got a nice picture section full of graphics
7) It's professional enough for the purpose it has.

Nice site - yay for rocky horror!
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. To tell people about the Barberton Rocky Horror Picture Show.
2. 7. Maybe you could add an introduction page that gives some general background information for people, like me, who don't know anything about the show.
3. The menu makes it pretty easy to get around, especially since it is categorized.
4. Yes.
5. Like you said, the layout is pretty standard. It seems to work well, but it could use some straight lines to break up the page a little. For example, you could create a table with a border and three columns for the left blocks, main content, and right blocks.
6. I think there are enough graphics for a simple look.
7. My first impression of the site was that it was busy with all the counters and scrolling. It also looked a little messy with the text. Maybe if you make the counters more subtle it would be better. I like the way the news blocks flow together, though. Another thing that would make it much more professional looking would be to somehow integrate the 3rd party scripts such as the forum in the main theme of the site.

I hope I was able to offer some constructive criticism. Good luck with the site.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DJ George
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, keep the feedback coming

Stevo - I do plan on tring to make the site theme similar to the forums (As you can see from the news) I was going to try to do with the side blocks but it did not look too good. I will probably get rid of the Halloween counter at the end of the Halloween show. The more I look at it the more I see what you mean, it does make thing look too busy. I am also thinking about tring to take of the seconds counter and jut have Min, hours, and Days. Once I get the site theme finalized I am also going to make the theme for the photogallery and intigrate the trivia into the main site (I can do it with the forums and photogallery because I have alot of people with only 800x600 screen res and they would not be albe to read the forums well)
John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Blackhawk, when ever I think of the RHPS I quickly think of the Ville Time Warp that Greebo wrote.

The link is here for all his songs including the 3 he did based on Rocky Horror.

http://www.theville.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5222

And here is a taste

The Ville Warp:

It's astounding
Time is fleeting
Ville Playing takes its toll
But listen closely

Not for very much longer

I've got to get some sleep!
I remember doing the Ville Warp
Thinking those moments when
The sniper would hit me

And a voice would start calling

Let's do the Ville Warp again

It's just a rocket to the left

And then a strafe to the right

With your hands on the grips

You get your AC right

But it's the stabbing thrust

That really drives you insane

It's so dreamy
Oh, fantasy free me
So you can't see me
No, not at all
In another dimension
With sadistic intention
When spectating, I see all

With a number of fine tips

You're into the Ville's hits

And nothing can ever be the same

You're spaced out on gas grens

Like you're under sedation

Well I was walking down thru the church
Just a having a think
When a nasty spy popped out of a seat
He shook-a me up, he took me by surprise
He had a big snarp knife and the devil's eyes
He stared at me and I felt a change
Ville means all, and it will again

It's just a rocket to the left

And then a strafe to the right

With your hands on the grips

You get your AC right

But it's the stabbing thrust

That really drives you insane

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*claps for John Doe* That was excellent, bravo! *wipes tear from eye*

And I feel pretty much the same way that Stevo did, easy to navigate, to inform was its purpose, and just a little busy looking.

Thank you Loka for helping me realize my dream of having a Sig.
John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malanthros wrote:
*claps for John Doe* That was excellent, bravo! *wipes tear from eye*

And I feel pretty much the same way that Stevo did, easy to navigate, to inform was its purpose, and just a little busy looking.

I'm glad you liked it Malanthros but I cant take any credit for it, that was created by the one and only Greebo, the official song maker of the Ville.

Long live Greenbo !!
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I took the seconds out of the counters, so now it does not look as busy, let me know what you think. Thanks for pointing that out to me Stevo. I am debating if I should post those rocky songs on our site so that others can see them. I know they would get a laugh
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The songs are only really funny when related to tfc and/or the ville (or avantiville) - but if you think people would enjoy em then you're welcome to post them.

Now that I think of it, I'm sure there's a couple of dod songs I did that never got posted here *scurries off into the archives*
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: