FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Low Fps on DoD:S
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat Source
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How many fps are you getting for DoD:s on average?
10-20
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
20-30
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
30-40
27%
 27%  [ 8 ]
40-50
13%
 13%  [ 4 ]
50-60
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
60+
24%
 24%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 29

Canadian Rifle

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not really the new source games and gaming in general that they are comin out with recommends u have 3000+ prcessor and a gig of ram that for average gaming if u want the best u have to like 3400 or higher and have 2 gigs of ram!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian_Rifle wrote:
not really the new source games and gaming in general that they are comin out with recommends u have 3000+ prcessor and a gig of ram that for average gaming if u want the best u have to like 3400 or higher and have 2 gigs of ram!!

3000+ refers to MHz, so it really means 3GHz, not 3000GHz. It was just a typo or something...

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lt. Black

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian_Rifle wrote:

That's probably for HIGH settings with HDR. I don't have much problem running less, and I'm far behind your suggestion.

Canadian Rifle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well so am i ive got 512 ram 3.4 ghz processor and a radeon 9800 but i still get a crappy fps so ya!!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should probably upgrade your RAM. Also make sure you aren't running anything in the background when you play.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian_Rifle wrote:
well so am i ive got 512 ram 3.4 ghz processor and a radeon 9800 but i still get a crappy fps so ya!!!

Yes you need atleast 1 gig of ram. You will see a big improvement. I was watching my memory stats the other day when playing Source and it uses around 500+ mb of ram when it is running with XP . Get more ram and you should be able to play with no problems.
CarbinE

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With games like Battlefield 2 and Day of Defeat Source, if you have any ATi in the 9000 range it should run them fine, a big contributing factor is the RAM which was mentioned, if you are running on a 512 and are experiencing FPS issues then you should buy a stick of ram. I have a gig of ram, but i am thinking about buying another gig or maybe a 512 because these newer games demand it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well tofurkey man has 3 ghz processoer i think 512 RAM and a radeon 9600 256mb and ya he gets a better fps and its like in the constant thirties?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat Source All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: