FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
minor annoyance with TV servers

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2002 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a problem that maybe you guys know how to solve. Everytime I exit a game from any TV servers, I get an error message from HL.dll I think.

I never get that message from any other servers. Do you guys know why this happen? It's annoying because my screen stays in HL configuration, not my regular one 1024*something.

Thanx if you have a solution
PJ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tommy.Chong

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2002 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next time it happens write down what the error messages says exactly..never had this problem before but it could sound like an outta place .dll,i could be wrong an you shouldnt go moving your .dll's around.What kinda software have you installed latly ? Maybe the hl patch ?Could be that you got the wrong patch.
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2002 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing that has happened to me is something like that. I have to go into the console before selecting Multiplayer in HL. Otherwise my comp seizes when I leave a server. You can also type exit in the console to close your game. As for the screen size problem, what video mode are you running? I've encountered weird problems with Direct3D lately and they were fixed when I updated my video driver *again*. You might want to check using Open_GL and see if it continues. Is it all Ville servers that do this? And if not all, which one(s) specifically? Hope I helped a little bit. Snaggle
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2002 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, what I see is "H1: this program made an illegal operation and will be closed by Windows"

Very strange

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Enrico

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2002 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had something like this a while back, are your drivers direct-x certified? to check, run the command line "dxdiag" from the run option in the start menu. go over to video and sound drivers and see if it as approver or certified, next to it is a yes or no. If its no, you need to update your drivers.
Twisted29

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2002 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How to stop getting error messages when you leave the ville:

Don't leave...?

I mean, come on...wouldn't you rather be fragging anyway?
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2002 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROFL Twisted... that's a good point

Thanx Jux, I will check these driver issues to see if it correct the problem.

PJ
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: