FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
2 questions

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Killer KoolAid Man

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:28 am    Post subject: 2 questions Reply with quote

Alright, first off, is there some kind of internet site that is focused mainly on monitors?

secondly, if I get a router, with wires, both computer will probably run the same internet speed without much loss of quality correct?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you looking for as far as a monitor site ? Reviews and such ?

You can try here.

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/index.html

also this one

http://reviews-zdnet.com.com/Monitors/2001-3173_16-0.html

Yes you will have the same speeds I have 5 computers on a router and they all get the same speeds. I use a D-link 624, but I am upgrading to the D-link 4300 gaming router.
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DLINK gaming router is the way to go if you have the cash for it. Basically you or others on your network can be doing large file upload and downloads while you play DOD online and your ping will change very little. It prioritzies the packets it send over the lines giving those that are ping sensitive priority.

Works like a dream.
Mike

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaKon wrote:
DLINK gaming router is the way to go if you have the cash for it. Basically you or others on your network can be doing large file upload and downloads while you play DOD online and your ping will change very little. It prioritzies the packets it send over the lines giving those that are ping sensitive priority.

Works like a dream.

are there any other advantages to to it, because i have the router simple has and now that my bro just left college and my parents dont do much but surf the net on their comp. i guess im fine with this one since theres no other heavy traffic, but the one thing that annoys me it that if my cordless phones happen to be on the same channel as my router receiver is running i will get disconnected when the phone rings. i stoped using the wireless part and just pluged a lan cable in the back of the router and even now i sometimes get disconnected when the phone rings which i find weird since its wired. does anyone know a way to fix this, cuz even if i change the channel on my phones they some how will start interfearing with my connection after a week.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's your line. Is it DSL or cable?

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mike

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:
Maybe it's your line. Is it DSL or cable?

cable.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you should get a different phone.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: