FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
teach me DOD

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spanish Warpig

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: teach me DOD Reply with quote

Ok so basicly nyxtis and I play dod togeather all the time and over all i think we do pretty well. However i basicly suck with the kar and the einfield and i cant figure out why. those of you who used to play tfc with me know that i have pretty rediculosly good aim and i can pretty safely say that i think i should be hitting people yet i miss for no apperent reason. and yes i do stop moving / crouch and such. Anyways any tips that would help me not suck with these guns or an explination as to why i suck with them would be alot of help. thx---- Piggeh
Rest is peace trig ill miss ya buddy
Rest in peace Blue...
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoot 3 feet behind them....lol
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try switching your crosshairs. I switched to a red dot and I think it improved my aim. Also, I always aim at the chest area because the hitboxes get weird when they are in certain positions. Also, I always seem to hit moving targets by shooting just behind them. If you practice a lot, you'll find your own techniques.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so if you want sometime we can practice piggy. i mean it won't be like me launching myself on concs but you cans till try to shoot me before i rifle butt you.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

never use anything but melee weapons
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
crackhead_fred

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: teach me DOD Reply with quote

Spanish Warpig wrote:
yet i miss for no apperent reason. and yes i do stop moving / crouch and such.

You actually dont even need to crouch. A new x-hair might work for you, but it really all about the aim. Unlike auto guns where recoil is the problem, with the bolt action guns it's a hit or miss situation. Also reaction time is a key. If you see an enemy, the faster you can stop and kill them the better.
vTEC
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: teach me DOD Reply with quote

crackhead_fred wrote:
Spanish Warpig wrote:
yet i miss for no apperent reason. and yes i do stop moving / crouch and such.

You actually dont even need to crouch. A new x-hair might work for you, but it really all about the aim. Unlike auto guns where recoil is the problem, with the bolt action guns it's a hit or miss situation. Also reaction time is a key. If you see an enemy, the faster you can stop and kill them the better.

try strafing left and right..that works for me...but yea try to make your first shot count or prepare to take out your luger
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't listen to vTEC he hacks
Spanish Warpig

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx for the help guys ill try it out
Rest is peace trig ill miss ya buddy
Rest in peace Blue...
Canadian Rifle

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also straffing is a very affective tool wen shooting from behind a wall. Straffing is where u move side to side from behind the wall to the open space where u shoot ur target and then go back to hide behind the wall for a split second and then back out again! u can also double shoot the enfield and kar Good Luck
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: