FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
ps2: Black Hawk Down

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JtH

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: ps2: Black Hawk Down Reply with quote

Well due to my lack of a computer ive been taking a sabbatical from PC gaming. Since then i have found a great ps2 online game to play.
Delta Force: Black Hawk Down.

Shovelnose and I play all the time so if you guys pick it up and want to play with us our names are [SS]f0rg0tten and [SS]Shovelnose respectively. I wouldve did jackthehomeless but it was too long. pfft on that one.

Its a little too early to tell if this game is going to have staying power on the online scene but i think it is a fun high paced game to play. There are also several different online modes to play. You can play deathmatch, team deathmatch, capture the flag, tag, team tag, flagball, and king of the hill.

Deathmatch is pretty self explanitory. Capture the Flag brings back TF memories minus the conc jumping across the mote in 2fort. Tag is rather unique in which there is a flag in the center of the map. you have to run and grab the flag and hold it for as long as you can. what is neat is once you grab the flag you show up on radar so you cant camp anywhere. Flagball is very similar to football in that you have to grab the flag and take it to the enemy teams base, or "endzone".

Now on to my personal favorite. King of the Hill. The objective in this is to hold a specific area, or "hill", for as long as you can. When the game ends, the team with the most time on the hill wins.

Another thing which is unique to this game is the ranking system and stats. You get stats on everything, literally. You also recieve medals for accomplishing certain things. Things like achieving a certain number of headshots, medic heals, kills, time on the hill, and many other things will win you a medal.

Lastly there is a ranking system, it starts at rank 1 Private and goes all the way up to 20 General of the Army. Going up in rank is no easy task. I have over 10 hours logged on this game and im only rank 6. Also those ranks are objective. They dont depend on the other players. It depends only on how well you, the individual, do in game. Do well, and you go up, do bad and you go down. This way you dont have one person at the top of the ladder and you cant knock him out because he plays 10 hours a day and has had the game before it came out. The ranks are for you and you only.

In summation, go pick it up and try it out. I would be willing to bet you'll like it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a game for PC called Delta Force: Black Hawk Down made by Novalogic like 10 years ago. Lol.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah they remade it especially for ps2 online.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: