FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TV2 now
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Natural Selection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kahlan Amnell
Queen of Spam

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject: TV2 now Reply with quote

if you want to play some ns with us!

http://ctprofiles.net/799963
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd love to learn... maybe.

but i gotsta get back to werk.
Queen of Spam

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh if you ever see any number on tv2, that will prolly be the regs for us... trying to get us back up in nums, but yeah, any of them would love to teach a new person tis fun funny watching you die going wth just attacked me, and seeing you pick up the basics and getting your first kill.... i look forward to helping you learn

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
X.O.Skeleton

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jepjep
Its funny kiling mike (HA) with a skulk
But cone and join ous
Only bad thing is that the server is only co

"No gut, no glory"
Speaker's Xeno

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhhh good old ns

Mike

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X.O.Skeleton wrote:
jepjep
Its funny kiling mike (HA) with a skulk
But cone and join ous
Only bad thing is that the server is only co

DJ George
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaker's Xeno wrote:
ahhhh good old ns

Well, I hate to say it, but not here, it is not even NS, it is CO, and to make it worse modified so far beyond with plugins that it is not even really CO any more...Which is why TV2 sits dead. Go back to classic NS, and dont use any game modifing plugins and it is more likely that people would come
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cobra
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Hawk wrote:
Speaker's Xeno wrote:
ahhhh good old ns

Well, I hate to say it, but not here, it is not even NS, it is CO, and to make it worse modified so far beyond with plugins that it is not even really CO any more...Which is why TV2 sits dead. Go back to classic NS, and dont use any game modifing plugins and it is more likely that people would come

so true
Mike

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cobra wrote:
Black Hawk wrote:
Speaker's Xeno wrote:
ahhhh good old ns

so true

^
Kahlan Amnell
Queen of Spam

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
cobra wrote:
Black Hawk wrote:
Speaker's Xeno wrote:
ahhhh good old ns

so true

^

co does get repetitive, esp if you have a good group on...

SilverOne
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I go ahead and change around this server again. The NS community here needs to step up and try to get this mod to work again on the ville. Sorry, but there has been many many hours of work done on these servers and something has to give you know? Its very upsetting.

Its not really a CO or classic issue. There are just as many popular classic servers and CO so please stop saying that.

Here are some of the real reasons:

The server changing. We can't please everyone. TV2 has changed many times to try drawing players. Hasn't worked. Need to stay one way and stick with it. Period. If we can get this game to work again here im sure the ville will add servers to please the CO or NS crowd.

The NS community.. The developers of NS are great. But the mod community is terrible. Especially for linux. Most of the stuff out there is for windows only. Makes it very difficult.

I want 10 bots on the server at all times. BOTS draw players.. trust me. But with linux, the bots dont work with the current version and I have been waiting for RCbot or whichbot to release a linux version for months. Nothing... Windows, yes! Linux, no.

Once we can get bots on the server and a few people popping in daily the server WILL take off. Just like dod and tv1, 4 and 5 did. Just a couple months ago tv5 was dead. After some work it is now full most of the time.

Also.. most of the NS people here at the ville are long gone due to servers closing down, changes to tv2, etc. So we will have to build up again.

I need some real thoughts on this issue. Not what you like or dislike. I want what draws. Im not involved in NS like many of you. So tell me what the most popular NS servers have. What maps, what mods, settings, what you know works. Then maybe we can get this thing moving!!

Thanks

"STOP FLAPPIN' THE YAP AND WATCH THE LANGUAGE" ~Blue Ruler
"Silver is Cheezylicious" ~MErf
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found that letting a clan use the server is a sure way to get a server populated because you have people who regularly play there. So if you have enough people playing there regularly, then it would work. Instead of letting a clan plan their events, plan regular TheVille NS nights or something.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mUj0
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit, I had a bit of fun with you all (cobra, XO, KA, Mike) the other day. I wouldnt mine getting back into NS , and Stevo, that sounds like a great idea letting clans play, and even the Ville NS nights!

Colossians 2:20 "You have died with Christ, and he has set you free from the evil powers of this world. So why do you keep on following rules of the world"
cobra
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we are not asking to convert the server to NS classic only, just add the ns classic maps to it and add them to the votelist.

i have been playing NS from the day it came out for 2 years straight 24/7. i do know what i am talking about. CO killed NS and the GREAT community it HAD.

all CO did was attract CS'ers who only care about there k/d ratio. so in NS classic they just ran around not following orders, which lead to most of the community to stop playing. you see, without teamwork the game is no fun and aliens always win.

I loved NS from the first day it came out for 2 things: the teamwork and the stratagy (spell?)

once CO came out that got lost. and mnost stopped playing. just like i did.

2 days ago i joined the server for 1 reason only. friends were on from which 1 i haven't seen since i stopped playing ns. (ice colt)
they all miss the ville NS server, but won't keep coming back just for CO.

i used to play that game for hours and hours straight, last night i played 30 minutes. why? it's CO!!!!!!!! it's fun for 1 or 2 maps and then it's boring. certainly with all the plug-ins. aliens get so strong that after 9 minutes it's almost impossible to kill them.......

Silver, you say all the NS people left here at the ville, you wanna get them back. that's GREAT but I'll tell you 1 thing, you won't get them back with a CO only server. i know what i am talking about. i played with those same bunch of guys for 2 years. i know most of them better then anyone else here. What they love is NS classic, not combat.

to start get the server ns classic and co and limit the extra lvls in co to maximum 5. i myself would rather see it without the extra lvls.

Quote:
Its not really a CO or classic issue. There are just as many popular classic servers and CO so please stop saying that.

true, the difference between the co only servers and the ns only servers are the players.
co only: cs'ers, noobs, no teamwork
NS only servers: Mostly great people who still try to keep NS alive where you will find teamwork.
co and ns servers: 30% decent players, rest like the co only servers....

a co and NS server would be a good way to build the ns community at the ville again. after a while you will keep seeing the same decent people coming around, just like we had before.

and just make sure that the map stays a co map for as long that there are no people on. to start a somewhat decent classic game you need atleast 10 people. once someone is on the server they can still vote for a classic map.

that's all for now.
Kahlan Amnell
Queen of Spam

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ very true.

On bh's server, we had a clan, so that is part of it, but we also only formed that clan because they were regulars on the server, who had a great time playing together and working together as a team, on ns maps. Co maps were great... when the server had less than 10 people I believe it was. And it was merely a time waster, which is what I believe they had in mind when they created co. Very hard to play an ns map with only 5 people on the server.

I know I personally hate the ns bots, rcbot, whichbot, whichever.... I only play with them when extremely bored... there are plenty of other servers that have people. Part of the fun of ns is communicating with your team - it is why those who play on one server normally stay there (not including the co only servers, that is just shoot and live long...) NS maps require teamwork... it is what I love, you don't have to be the best player out there to be part an important part of your team, you just have to listen to what is happening on various parts of the map and then help with back up or try rushing a different part of the map.

The co with extra levels I think could be left... switches things up a little... less work to change it, but just get it so that when we hit 8 or so people we can vote for ns maps....

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Natural Selection All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: