FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Where Is Respawn
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 6:04 pm    Post subject: Where Is Respawn Reply with quote

A few admins got together and felt that it was time to spell out respawn areas for DoD on ville servers.

Where Is Respawn

Anyone found entering, shooting or throwing nades
into/onto any spawn area any map will be considered as invading respawn.

Anzio Clarification:

Axis respawn area starts at top of axis ramp as well as axis side of side tunnel and compound area in between.

Allied respawn anywhere on the beach which includes shooting from the window onto the beach.

<edit to add>: the use of any map exploit is frowned upon.

Last edited by Blue Ruler on Tue Apr 15, 2003 8:09 am; edited 9 times in total
GoldenSpy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. That clears it up for me, at least.
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good call...seems like that map is the worst for respawn campers. I really want to know what the developers were thinking on this map or if they were thinking.

Powdermilkman
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

powdermilkman wrote:
good call...seems like that map is the worst for respawn campers. I really want to know what the developers were thinking on this map or if they were thinking.

Powdermilkman

One reason it is the worst map for spawn camping is because it is very easy to reach the other team's respawn. The map is small. By opposition, respawn camping on Caen is rare because you have quite a long way to go to the respawn, with plenty of snipers waiting for you along the way.

Rock2..... JUST SAY NO!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see this as a sticky .

Hopefully this will make it a little easier when leaving respawn. There's nothing more frustrating then respawning, taking 2 steps, and getting killed. This should take care of any grey areas as far as respawn is concerned.

*EDIT* I found a grey area and wanted to clear it up. Although there is no firing into respawn, "If you are fired upon from someone leaving respawn you have the right to defend yourself and fire back that them." .

God Bless You Blue Ruler
ComradeNachaev

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bright Red Nipples wrote:

... There's nothing more frustrating then respawning, taking 2 steps, and getting killed.

... Although there is no firing into respawn, "If you are fired upon from someone leaving respawn you have the right to defend yourself and fire back that them." .

Haha... good one!

I really agree with this. However with the provisio mentioned in another thread.

Possibly admins could have a "message" that they can make appear occassionally during Anzio - No shooting into Axis spawn plaza or Allies spawn beach... you have been warned!. There could be another one regarding nade spamming of exploit glitches on Avalanche also. Something like that?

Why should there be warnings??? Because many people will just join the server WITHOUT having had an opportunity to read the rules. Also, there will be newbies who aren't familiar with the regulations or even the map areas.

I fully support trying to make servers be as fair as possible, and controlling jerks who are "dirty players". But that needs to be done in a benevolant manner. It is better to error on the side of letting a jerk off, then coming down like a ton of bricks on a good person who made an honest mistake.

As the law says: It is better that 20 guilty men go free, then one innocent man gets convicted. That is particularly true with regard to the death penalty. Or in this case, PERMANENT BANS.

If you used temporary bans, okay. But permanent??? For first offence with no warning??? That's a bit much.

Please understand I mean this "critical observation" with respect. I have noticed your server is great when the admins are playing and intervening in a positively assertive manner.

All the best. I hope your DoD server keeps up and running, and I hope your community keeps vibrant as DoD expands into its retail era.

If you're not familiar with OwP - click me sig and give us a visit. We are NOT the online police, as we're sometimes accused. We stand for fairness and teamplay, which it seems is very much what The Ville is all about.

Cheers! #Beer
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ComradeNachaev wrote:
Possibly admins could have a "message" that they can make appear occassionally during Anzio - No shooting into Axis spawn plaza or Allies spawn beach... you have been warned!. There could be another one regarding nade spamming of exploit glitches on Avalanche also. Something like that?

If you have played in game with me you must have seen these warnings that I give out. When I notice certain people do it then I will include their names in the csay just to make it public. If I do put someones name up in the csay the warning is meant for everybody playing, not just that person. Common sense should tell you that.

Someone actually made a comment to me the other day that I was talking strictly in csay. It was a game filled with llamas and without slapping or slaying them I don't know of any other way to get their attention. If you see a csay in game I am more than likely there. Maybe under an alias.

I usually don't get much time to play the game, I am usually dealing with troublemakers in game. I dream of the day when I can go into a game and be able to play a few rounds without having to spec someone or warn.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
ComradeNachaev

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I think we might have shown up just after you'd been giving out warnings, and you'd just gotten fed up to the point that it had become ban time.

If so, then it is totally understandable what happened. It would have been easy to interpret Mamma Jamma's shooting into the spawn as just another of the jerks.

I appreciate what you're saying about CSAY. And it's right on! I sympathize with your efforts. All it can say is its a drag that there's so many players that don't control their own behaviours voluntarily, but if your admins keep asserting themselves in a consistent manner, then over time you should only attract players who want a well-managed, positive server environment. And then - hopefully - you will be able to play without having to revert to specing. cheers!
shockwave
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a way that the anzio map can be modified to automatically kill any one who goes into the respawn area of the other team? I know this means that when someone enters the ville they will have to download the map, but it also means less policing on the part of the admins.

Question about anzio: could you please clarify shooting into the spawn area? Especially shooting from one of the windows.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There actually is a spawn campers prison which Axis end up in if they go onto the Allied spawn beach on Anzio. See 1st pic HERE.

The issue of spawn camping usually seems to be whether players can be shot the instant they respawn. That is just a turkey shoot, and is totally unfair. That's the problem with the window overlooking the Allied beach on Anzio.

The other pics show a jerk making use of an "exploit" at Anzio spawn beach. Definite perm ban material.
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockwave wrote:
Is there a way that the anzio map can be modified to automatically kill any one who goes into the respawn area of the other team? I know this means that when someone enters the ville they will have to download the map, but it also means less policing on the part of the admins.

Question about anzio: could you please clarify shooting into the spawn area? Especially shooting from one of the windows.

I will clarify some points with you Shockwave:

1) You must never shoot me
2) I will own you
3) when on my team you must obey me at all cost

There, your gameplay will be easier now

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Question about anzio: could you please clarify shooting into the spawn area? Especially shooting from one of the windows

If you are shooting from the window onto allied beach you are in violation of respawn, I will edit my thread starting post.
Paddyjack

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Ruler wrote:
Quote:
Question about anzio: could you please clarify shooting into the spawn area? Especially shooting from one of the windows

If you are shooting from the window onto allied beach you are in violation of respawn, I will edit my thread starting post.

I will add a litlle something. Near the Hill on Anzio, there is a little building with a house facing the ramp of axis respawn. IMO, shooting ppl coming out of the ramp from this window is ok.

SpeCies

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I refuse to play it (Anzio). There is nothing that burns me up more than some "Respawn Camper in a pamper" who is grazing on unsuspecting players who just materialized to only be popped in the head by some skilless chump. As long as this map is in the rotation I will be somewhere else
shockwave
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddyjack wrote:

I will add a litlle something. Near the Hill on Anzio, there is a little building with a house facing the ramp of axis respawn. IMO, shooting ppl coming out of the ramp from this window is ok.

Paddy I disagree with you about the ownage of me.

Back to the topic, I think that the window on the beach is compareable to the window on the hill. Why do you think that there is a difference between them?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: