FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Just Saying Hello

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JtH

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:21 am    Post subject: Just Saying Hello Reply with quote

Well I was up this morning so i decided i would stop by and see how yall are doing. I also thought it would be a good idea to let you know what i have been up to for the past couple monthes or so.

As you all may or may not know my computer got fried due to a transformer explosion. I did get insurance money off of it but i decided it would be in my best interest not to fix it. I came to this conclusion when i realized i had alot of time to spend doing other things without it. I do plan on fixing it eventually but lately i have been enjoying my low-tech time off.

I have recently got into gun collecting and have purchased a few in the past few monthes. I have a Lee-Enfield No1 SMLE, a Yugoslavian SKS M59/66, 2 antique .22 rifles from the early 1900s, and a Mosin-Nagant M44. I enjoy it and have spent quite some time researching them. It has become a good hobby and i plan to continue it into the future.

Due to this new hobby i have spent many a day at the firing range and am now able to hit a 6 inch target at 200 yards without a problem with the Enfield. I dont know if it is one shot kill though so if any of you would like to find out give me a call . I am actually going to the firing range later today to fire the Nagant since i just bought it yesterday.

Hmm what else is new... I guess really nothing. I go to the range alot and recently spent a week up in the mountains. Ive been getting pretty outdoorsy without all the silicon running through my veins. But alas one cannot deny his history and i shall be making my return to the servers by winter.

I will be down in the Clearwater Florida area for 16 days from aug 10th - 26th. If anyone has any good ideas for me and my girlfriend to do, let me know. It would be greatly appreciated.

For now i must say adios friends. I shall be looking forward to seeing you all in game soon but for now I must remain free of the Cat 5 cables.

Take care all of you
Jack
Queen of Spam

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heya Jack, good to hear from you!
so, clearwater area you say.... my area there is the beach.... and shopping... and that's about it....

http://ctprofiles.net/799963
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear from you, Jack.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jack! Old guns are cool I like the World War 1 and 2 guns best. They dont have those plastic stocks and such.

Hope to see you in game come fall!
Speaker's Xeno

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey man long time no see

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
crackhead_fred

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear from you and hope to see you around soon!
Clay Pigeon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What model smle? You said model 1. what mark? I own a mod I mk III*.
JtH

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mk III. The man. date on it is 1949. I missed the WWII mark.

Oh and clay, my stock is coming loose from the main body of it. I opened the latch on the buttplate but dont know what type of nut or screw it is in there. if you could help me out it would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JacktheHomeless wrote:
mk III. The man. date on it is 1949. I missed the WWII mark.

Oh and clay, my stock is coming loose from the main body of it. I opened the latch on the buttplate but dont know what type of nut or screw it is in there. if you could help me out it would be appreciated.

if you have a standard mk III its different from the mk III* by a lot iirc. Mine was sporterised so its stock was worked with before I got it. I think the butt plate is supposed to hold a military cleaning kit. I really have never looked inside it with a small flashlight. You would be better off asking a gunsmith I think. I just know how to load, shoot, and clean em.
JtH

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure if mine is a mkIII* or not. I will have to look into it. All i know is its fun as hell to shoot. So is the Yugo SKS. The only thing I dont like about the Enfield is the ammo is kinda expensive. At around 20 bucks for 20 rounds its definitally not a plinker.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get dies and a reloader....so much fun for so cheap bang away and reloading is half the fun.
mUj0
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI JACK!

Colossians 2:20 "You have died with Christ, and he has set you free from the evil powers of this world. So why do you keep on following rules of the world"
John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There has to be .303 milsurp out there Jack, track some down, it will be cheaper to shoot.

JD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Doe wrote:
There has to be .303 milsurp out there Jack, track some down, it will be cheaper to shoot.

JD

Be prepared to get out the heavy duty cleaning stuff, because a lot of the milsurp 303 from pakistan is uses a corrosive primer.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: