FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
OUCH!!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

have wisdom teeth pulled
YES
76%
 76%  [ 10 ]
Are you insane?!~ No...
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 13

Secret Agent Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: OUCH!!! Reply with quote

ok well today i woke up and got ready to head out with teh scouts..... and i noticed when i put on my ballistic helmet.. my jaw started to hurt.. and through out the day.. its been the same .. or a lil worse...when ever i close my mouth my jaw hurts.. i think its because my wisdom teeth are kicking in more than before... They have already been growing in.. but never had a problem with them...

ok well heres the thing.. I DO NOT want to go into surgery and get them taken out... i hate it.. i dont want to... every one i know that goes and gets them taken out have horror stories... iono what to do...

i

aa, oshiete sensei-san
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it makes you feel any better the only "horror" story i have about getting all 4 of mine out at the same time was the strong taste of blood in my mouth for the 6-8 hours after the numbness wore off. aside formt hat with my meds ( which i dind't need for as long as they said) i had no pain, no bruising ( my brother was nice enough to put frozen veggies on my cheeks when i was passed out) and no dry sockets.. i don't smoke so it went pretty well.
Diplomat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i had a good time when mine were pulled...all 4 of mine were removed no complications...i only needed one pain pill and drank lots of milkshakes and ate lots of soup. The only negative thing is that i don't really like cheese soup anymore and the lovely taste of blood becamse old other than that it was the best 3 days of rest i have had.

Just make sure you keep the back of your mouth clean or it will get infected and you will have to have surgery to fix that. If you don't get them removed it will cause a lot of damage to your jaw (if they need to come out if they don't your fine) and will ruin your bite which will cost more money to fix than need be.

Powder
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont know mine fit fine, I wonder what the percentage of people that have them pulled out?

When you are old. you may want all the teeth you can get

maybe you need your jaw broken and stretched a bit
sgt stutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to have 2 of mine out the others fitt fine, no problems here. You should do it your mouth, jaw and other teeth will thank you.

click--><eVa>SuperGreg

R.I.P Trigger Happy
KopiKat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya'll are gonna hate me for this, but I don't gotta have mine out lol.

The dentist says i'm one of the 1 in 500 who doesn't have to have them pulled because his/her jaw is big enough to accomidate them.

Whee for me!

-KK

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KopiKat wrote:
Ya'll are gonna hate me for this, but I don't gotta have mine out lol.

The dentist says i'm one of the 1 in 500 who doesn't have to have them pulled because his/her jaw is big enough to accomidate them.

Whee for me!

-KK
Heh. You got told you had a big mouth.

As for my story, I only had two wisdom teeth (bottom ones) and I had mine out just fine. Slept most of the day they were out and was on drugs when I was awake after the surgery. I was eating just like I used to in about a week or so.

On a bit of a side note to that, when I was still on the anesthesia afterwards, I was a bit...um, how shall I say, loopy. I remember staring at the Sony label on the television and seeing three of them. I also vaguely recall finding a white ceiling funny (although I still have no clue why).
Verman
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lived with the headaches caused by my wisdom teeth coming in impacted, all 4 of them. Waited >2 yrs before I finally gave up and had them yanked. 25 minutes later, voila! A couple days of percodan, and everything was fine.

Mmmm. Percodan.
crackhead_fred

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had mine taken out yet, but I know within the next couple years I will have to. Silenced
Hamese
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had mine out with no problems. The biggest thing is not to drink from straws to avoid dry sockets. That would suck to get those.

When my wife had hers removed, she had a reaction to the IV that made her sick. That was all for her, and it wasn't too bad.
Queen of Spam

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine are causing no problems yet...... hope they don't decide to ever cause problems...

what is the average age that yall are getting yours pulled at?

http://ctprofiles.net/799963
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Verman
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had mine out @ 28.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: