FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Big Questions needing to be Asked!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frosty1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:58 am    Post subject: Big Questions needing to be Asked! Reply with quote

With the soon to be released (Kneels and prays) DOD source. When will the Ville Servers be converted over. Will there be DOD 1.3 servers available to players unable to obtain DOD source. And what servers will be running DOD source .
crackhead_fred

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I can remember correctly this question was already asked, but I couldn't find the topic it was under. I believe it was once said that there would be 2 DOD:s servers and 1 DOD server, but I'm sure there might be some changes.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will definitely be at least one DoD server and one DoD:S server.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For sure there will be one dod source server and one dod regular server...we are still trying to figure out if the other DOD server will be converted over to Source or regular. Though as soon as source is going live we will make it available to the ville or atleast try and make it available.

Powdermilkman
Malanthros

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe we should keep 2 DoD servers for at least a while. Although some of us will be purchasing DoD:S, i believe many of the players will not have a computer to run said game.

Perhaps a poll of who will be purchasing DoD:S would be better. And the transition of players from DoD to S will also depend on how much we all like the game. This is all a suggestion. I look forward to the future, and hope you all make the right choice.

Thank you Loka for helping me realize my dream of having a Sig.
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and if we don't make the right choice then we can alllll blame powder!

if i had money i might buy source if my computer can run it, and i think i jsut may be able to run it... not very well but ya know what i'm saying?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I to wondered if my computer would be able to run the new source engine so, I downloaded the HL2 demo a couple months ago. To my surprise it ran fine, although the visual settings weren't set high. Last week I decided to purchase HL2 Silver from Steam and it runs great. I also downloaded and tested CS:S and HL2 CTF to test my computer on different servers and noticed the same results as singleplayer. So if you are unsure of how your computer would run the source engine, try downloading the HL2 demo and try it for yourself!
DukeNukem
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My take on it would be the following suggestion.

Try one as DOD:S leaving two as DOD. When it gets to be the case that DOD:S is contantly full AND the one (or both) DOD servers tends to be running below capacity during peak playing times, then convert one of the DOD servers to DOD:S.

NAH -- That would be too logical. Hehehehehe.

=US-])uke]\[ukem-V=
I STINK, therefore I SPAM!
[doctored Descartes]
Canadian Rifle

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

which server would u change the ville 5,4,1? would it cost more to run source or would it be the same jsut a diff game running?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure it takes more for the machine that is running it but I don't think it uses much more bandwidth than regular DoD. It might even be less. So I don't think cost is much of a problem. They just want to run a game that people want to play.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Black Esmeralda

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yarrrr! All three of them servers should be changed to Pirates! YARRRR! and those who no like can walk the plank!!!! YARRRR!

Yarrrr!
Canadian Rifle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
which server would u change the ville 5,4,1? u didnt answer the first question or do u guys kno yet?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: