FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Wow... This guy is sick
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: Wow... This guy is sick Reply with quote

I recently found this on another forum that I'm a member of. I thought it as being disgusting. It's simply wrong to state any of the things that this guy has said on his website... You should note that I do not mean for this to become a political debate thread... I'm simply posting this because it disgusted me so much...

http://www.filecabi.net/v/file/MichaelCrook/wmv

Before reading any of this, you should note that I mean no offense to anyone. I'm expressing my opinion in the matter and I do not mean to attack anyone else here.

I feel that the comments that the guy made were appalling... I honestly believe that if he was sent over to Iraq and then had one of his limbs blown off or half his body burned he would be singing a very different tune about the benefits received by soldiers... I believe that any countries soldiers should be supported (based upon the justness of their cause). It’s sad, to me at least, that some people cannot look past the surface of the War in Iraq and see the people involved. They can’t see the men and women serving in Iraq (and even in Afghanistan, the “war” isn’t over there yet even though it’s been given a backseat to Iraq) and what they are sacrificing. They’ve decided to place their lives on the line for the United States of America (and even the world if you wish to believe so)… It’s wrong to bash those who have been WIA or KIA. To me it’s no different than desecrating the graves of those who have been killed by taking a piss on them. These people are not only suppose to protect the freedom of us few lucky individuals in the West but others around the world as well.

Unfortunately, soldiers appear to be damned either way by certain individuals in the public… However, the War in Iraq is not about to end anytime soon… I doubt that the US will pull out in the next couple of years. More men any women from all walks of life will give their lives in that small country… To end, I’ll stop with a small quote that was said by a famous politician. I believe that his words can express what I believe about the situation.

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat."

THEODORE ROOSEVELT
(Paris Sorbonne,1910)
Jfet Zener
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was absolutely disgusted when i saw that.

i think that guy is, now, in more danger than our troops are. i certainly know i wouldnt go lightly on him, and im not in the military. it is sad to know that there are such rediculous and ignorant people out there.
Rebel_Rouser
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy needs to be dragged by a hummer and then taken out back and beaten with a hose. This is terrible, like Sean Hannity said this guy is heartless and cold. This makes me downright sick. People like him are a discredit to the human race.

Longest Running Show in Broadway History 1/9/06
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he reminds me of a young Balky Bartokomous

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know most won't see this my way but ignorance is amusing. All I could do wass laugh when I watched that. His ignorance is going to cause him a lot of pain as I'm sure it has thru a big part of his life. The only problem now is he has a much bigger bullseye on him now.

God Bless You Blue Ruler
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He couldn't even come up with an answer to their most obvious questions...

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mike

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone else notice that one of his eyes is higher up then the other?
sgt stutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bright Red Nipples wrote:
I know most won't see this my way but ignorance is amusing. All I could do wass laugh when I watched that. His ignorance is going to cause him a lot of pain as I'm sure it has thru a big part of his life. The only problem now is he has a much bigger bullseye on him now.

Lets just hope he can't reproduce.

click--><eVa>SuperGreg

R.I.P Trigger Happy
KopiKat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my personal view on this:

Look at his appearance: he has a peach fuzz mustache. Look at how he presents himself: he's insecure with his beliefs, and insecure with people, and has a very juvenile accent. Look at the way he backs up his arguments: he doesn't.

I don't think we should become disgusted with him, because it is plainly obvious that he is nothing but a child. How old is this kid? 16? 17? Maby 19? He is still a kid, and he really doesn't know any better. He just wants to make a splash in the world, he wants his 15 seconds of fame. He didn't think things through, much like all of us at his age, and he got burned for it. I think we should take pity on him, and try to help him correct his mistakes. I hold no more disdain for him than I do of any 15 year old llamas that plays TFC at theville.org. I don't like them, but I realize that they are ignorant, and don't really know any better. That doesn't make it right or excusable, what he did, but I do believe that it gives us the obligation to help him understand his actions and to become better as a result, and not to simply throw up our hands and condemn him as a lost cause.

I believe that this will have been a very positive experience for him, in the end. Now he at least knows that he can't just go around saying anything he wants and expect people to like him for it.

Unfortunately I have seen a disturbing number of youth follow his same path in recent years, the youth of MY generation. However, it is because of things like THIS, that I think the problem will correct itself in time. I have some faith in my generation, and I think that eventually, when they have had enough of these experiences, they will come to undestand their actions, and how to operate within civilized society.

/soapbox off

-KK

P.S. Btw I deliberately left out any discussion about the troops and his relationship with them because my feelings about that were eloquently expressed by my colleges previously on this topic.
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy is terrible. I would love to see him come to any of our fine military bases around the world and just try to explain himself. I am sure he wouldn't get through the gate.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I think KK said it best on this topic. He really doesn't know what he is saying...

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Potato-VS-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STEWMAN wrote:
I am sure he wouldn't get through the gate.

Going in or out? I'd think he'd be less likely to make it back out of the base than in...
Ranger<3

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently haveing a brother serving in Iraq as i speak. I wake up every day hoping to here from him.

As a family of someone over seas..i didnt take lightly to it at all...I hope never to see this person ever again in my life....
KopiKat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently he tried to fake his own death by saying on his website that he "got beaten to death for his beliefs" by 2 thugs.

I guess when he says beaten to death he really means he WISHES he was beaten to death...

Oh yeah and apparently he's 27 too...

27 is awfull late to grow up...

-KK
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

>>>BENDER<< wrote:
well thats a really crazy way to get 15 mins of fame

but... its a very good way to get lynched...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: