FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Day of Defeat legal tricks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FUSE wrote:
If anyone feels that they don't have great aim, try using the kar. It kind of forces you to be accurate because you only get one shot at a time, not like the other rifles/semiautos that let you get off shot after shot. The kar really helps you to become more accurate cuz if u miss and ur in one on one combat, well usually you're toast unless you can pull out ur pistol fast enough. I'm bad at pulling out my pistol, trying to work on that

I prefer the spade.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
l3eeron
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FUSE wrote:
If anyone feels that they don't have great aim, try using the kar. It kind of forces you to be accurate because you only get one shot at a time, not like the other rifles/semiautos that let you get off shot after shot. The kar really helps you to become more accurate cuz if u miss and ur in one on one combat, well usually you're toast unless you can pull out ur pistol fast enough. I'm bad at pulling out my pistol, trying to work on that

Dude, good points FUSE. I like to practice my rifles on servers where the players aren't as good as TV3. SMG is the only way I can compete with people like you and ellroy and rohan.

eternalVillealliance
moog

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: re: pistol rolling Reply with quote

if you have a kar or a sniper rifle...you skip the reload animation of the bullet in the chamber...if you can switch it smoothly...it definitely shortens the time between shots....trust me, i've seen it done on our servers....to the point where i thought the guy was hacking, but he was just REALLY good at rolling his guns. he was pwning ppl with the kar.....one after the other...in a fashion that would have been too quick if you were allowing all the gun animations to happen(reload bullet in chamber)...maybe its just an optical illusion...but, i saw it with my own eyes....

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: re: pistol rolling Reply with quote

moog wrote:
if you have a kar or a sniper rifle...you skip the reload animation of the bullet in the chamber...if you can switch it smoothly...it definitely shortens the time between shots....trust me, i've seen it done on our servers....to the point where i thought the guy was hacking, but he was just REALLY good at rolling his guns. he was pwning ppl with the kar.....one after the other...in a fashion that would have been too quick if you were allowing all the gun animations to happen(reload bullet in chamber)...maybe its just an optical illusion...but, i saw it with my own eyes....

i just tried that...its amazing...

"Never Fear The Tiju is Here"
l3eeron
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about the pistol rolling, I think it's a little shady #Fist I think it's definitly an exploit. Anything that alters the reload time is an exploit in my book. You might argue that if the developers didn't want it in there they would take it out. Or that it takes more skill to do it so it should be OK. Well, I don't agree. People get too crazy with special configs and other "gray" exploits. It really takes away from the game, in my oppinion.

eternalVillealliance
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought they fixed that exploit a long time ago. It definitely wasn't allowed before that...

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Tiju

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just click q after i shoot and it switches to pistol and i click q again to switch back to my K98...it decreased the reload time by like a lil bit...im not really good at it so if it is an exploit ill just stop tryin to learn how to do it...

Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tiju wrote:
i just click q after i shoot and it switches to pistol and i click q again to switch back to my K98...it decreased the reload time by like a lil bit...im not really good at it so if it is an exploit ill just stop tryin to learn how to do it...

I think that's just an illusion because it skips the animation. There's probably still the same forced delay. Sometimes I do that with the sniper rifle to make sure I'm zoomed out after I shoot.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
l3eeron
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:
Sometimes I do that with the sniper rifle to make sure I'm zoomed out after I shoot.

Ya, I like to switch to pistol from zoom to go back to unzoomed view. But, that's not the type of pistol rolling I'm talking about. I changed my q button to prone. I do have fastswitch on tho.

eternalVillealliance
Mr>Ellroy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm i guess a flag whore would bring it up....but in the case of capping points....flags are each one man or sometimes two man flags...run and get them....but in the case of timed cap points where you have to stay in the area to cap that point....it is a useful tip to learn the area radius of the cap point....how far you can walk away from it before you are no longer capping it.....in the case of say saints....if your allies and you reach the tip of the tank gun you start to cap it....if you walk and turn the to the corner facing the last cap point...you can start running before the end of the cap on the tank toward the pak.....most of the time it isn't clear but the few times that it is you cap both the tank and pak in less then 4 seconds apart from each other......

mountains turn into hills without much struggle.....
it is always from the sight of the sea that gives the view of earth it's highest peaks......

an island is just a mountain wearing a dress made of water.....
l3eeron
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr>Ellroy wrote:
hmm i guess a flag whore would bring it up....but in the case of capping points....flags are each one man or sometimes two man flags...run and get them....but in the case of timed cap points where you have to stay in the area to cap that point....it is a useful tip to learn the area radius of the cap point....how far you can walk away from it before you are no longer capping it.....in the case of say saints....if your allies and you reach the tip of the tank gun you start to cap it....if you walk and turn the to the corner facing the last cap point...you can start running before the end of the cap on the tank toward the pak.....most of the time it isn't clear but the few times that it is you cap both the tank and pak in less then 4 seconds apart from each other......

if you know the edge of the capping zone, you can run n dodge enemy fire while still capping. Like The Snork Lord said...use your cranial-blow-tube to sprint from the 4th to 5th caps

eternalVillealliance
l3eeron
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr>Ellroy wrote:

if you know the edge of the capping zone, you can run n dodge enemy fire while still capping.

eternalVillealliance
Mister X

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3eeron wrote:
I don't know about the pistol rolling, I think it's a little shady #Fist I think it's definitly an exploit. Anything that alters the reload time is an exploit in my book. You might argue that if the developers didn't want it in there they would take it out. Or that it takes more skill to do it so it should be OK. Well, I don't agree. People get too crazy with special configs and other "gray" exploits. It really takes away from the game, in my oppinion.

Pistol rolling does not change the reload time at all. They fixed this a long time ago. The reason why people do it is so if they miss, the pistol can be shot before the next k98 round can be fired.

There is an exploit that has to do with using quickswitch, but I won't get into details with it. The end result in that exploit really doesn't give an advantage in gameplay because it really messes up your view. I do know that it does NOT decrease your reload time.

I've been reading your forums for awhile and have never wanted to sign up until i read this. I just wanted to clear up some confusion you guys were having. Have a nice day.
The Tiju

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister X wrote:
l3eeron wrote:

Pistol rolling does not change the reload time at all. They fixed this a long time ago. The reason why people do it is so if they miss, the pistol can be shot before the next k98 round can be fired.

There is an exploit that has to do with using quickswitch, but I won't get into details with it. The end result in that exploit really doesn't give an advantage in gameplay because it really messes up your view. I do know that it does NOT decrease your reload time.

I've been reading your forums for awhile and have never wanted to sign up until i read this. I just wanted to clear up some confusion you guys were having. Have a nice day.

welcome to the forums...

Mister X

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you see a grenade coming at you and you are sure it is going to explode soon, it is best to prone dive away from it. The prone hitboxes have always been a little funky in DoD and its no exception for a grenade.

If you double tap crouch you can peak over some boxes/ledges and shoot the person over it. A good example of this is the axis back alley on donner. Not only can you peak over some obstacles, but there are lots of short ledges you can get onto by doing this. Best of all, this method makes no sound to the enemy.

Changing your rates is a good idea. If you get a decent ping to a server, having higher than default rates will help you hit the other person. Your rate should be higher than 10000, cmdrate and updaterate should be higher than 50 as long as your ping is less than or near 100. The default rates are for for 56k users. Using default rates with cable will make the hitboxes lag behind the player model a little bit.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: