FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Day of Defeat legal tricks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shuya

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmm hers my tips ,,get a good userconfig if u wanna get better it helped me in so many ways ,and heres some other stuff like ,i love hoping and i noticed when i watched the cpl finals 2 days ago ,im not the only one ,all the pros are hoppers big time,!! to hop just keep holding crouch and jump ,jump ,jump lol ,,u can also get up in windows by double tapping crouch ,its like a little hop that makes no noise ,i also used to play on a very high resoulition but everything seemed so far away and little when i loswered it people were easy to hit .i would post my config but you know how that goes ..

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kurosaki... why do you have to count??? footsteps are pretty loud in this game, alot louder then other games. just listen to here how many footsteps there are and at what position
FUSE
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the best and most useful thing u can do in this game is listen and use your map. sound effects are extremely helpful. and whenever you hear someone priming their nade and u happen to be close to them, i suggest, unless there's a lot of other enemies around u, go and shovel/headbutt them. Pick up nades when you know they're not primed. You can't really tell if a nade is primed if it was thrown from far away but if you don't hear the clicking sound and a nade drops right by you, chances are it's not primed and you should pick it up quickly and throw it right back.

FUSE.TVR -V$-
LJ

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. use headphones... Sound is too important in the game. It isn't just about hearing the sound but about being able to locate where your enemy is based on the sound you're hearing.

2. Don't play with music on.

3. Aiming and shooting need to be instinctive. Too often you don't have the time to ensure that your crosshair is on the target. Just aim and shoot in one smooth movement. Initially, you'll miss a lot.

4. Don't camp in places that you end up shooting people in the back. If you have to resort to cheap kills to get kills then you're not spending time honing your skills to take someone one on one.

5. Learn to prime nades while moving. This is much easier on axis but can still be done on allies as well.

6. Give your teammates space. Bunching up limits their movement as well as yours.

7. Check teammate names as you pass them. Watch for their death messages to give you an indication on where the enemy is.
moog

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: so much easier... Reply with quote

i just download hacks! lol j/k

for myself, its more of the knowledge of maps...layout...where ppl like to camp...im a soundwhore too ...ummmm, some villuns like to play certain ways, so you key on that...what else....ummmm, little tricks like the wheelhouse door crack<throwing nades thru it to kill the mg in the window>...when you're allies and you are one on one with a guy with a kar....if i can react quick enough, i'll usually let the guy with the kar shoot first, while i strafe to one side, that usually creates a miss on their part, then i have plenty of time to pump him full of lead while he jumps around helplessly while attempting to reload...hehe.

lets see...i have seen it done by other players, and im not sure if its legal on our servers, but pistol rolling shortens time between reloads...ummm, of course...priming of the nades...you have approx. 4 seconds to throw the nade once you "cooked" it. the fuse time is def. shorter in 1.6 then in Source.

i also play on diff. sensitivities depending on what gun im using...rifles get a lower sensitivity for easier pinpoint shooting, whereas autos have a higher sen. rating cuz you need to account for recoil...esp. with the BAR. above all though, its more a matter of the sum of your team...if you have halfway decent players that actually try to complete the objectives, you'll usually rack up the kills and caps....when you're on a bad team...obviously, its the opposite effect.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pistol rolling?

switching between guns does not shorten reloading time

you shoot your rifle, you can either

1. press "last used weapon button" twice and you will return to your rifle, but all it does is remove the bullet exiting the gun animation, and your crosshair disapears until you can shoot (actually you can shoot before your crosshair appears, just takes timing and skill) this does not affect reload time at all. it may seem like it does but it doesn't

its a button in the game, i don't see why it is disallowed in certain servers at is is a default button that can be enabled in the game itself. the game creators would not of inputed a button to give players an advantage if they used it. to me i think its a setback, cause your crosshair disapears, so it takes the skillfull to feel for where your gun is pointing to be able to line up your target and shoot again.

2. have "hud_fastswitch 1" and either use the number keys or move your mouse wheel to switch weapons. for me its a little awkward cause i have to move my fingers further for the number keys or have to take my finger off a mouse button to move the wheel. has the same affect as #1
Canadian Rifle

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a tip.....DON"T DIE!!! i usually use it until it doesnt work anymore, then i move to plan b which is if i cant fire back at the enemy run faster and further away from his bullets! usually works or theres plan c which is jsut pwning everyone so u dont have any enemies to kill u anymore!!!!

but for real here.... u jsut mostly kno everything wen u have played the game for a long time, then u dont need tips, it jsut come natural!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most important tip of all: DO NOT PANIC!!!

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Canadian Rifle

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont make me come over there stevo!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
l3eeron
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:
The most important tip of all: DO NOT PANIC!!!

eternalVillealliance
Kurosaki Ichigo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually count because it gives me time to calm myself, and to make sure any sneaky people that momentarily stop to type or crouch walk move by sometimes.

I've also found that a lower mouse sensitivity nets me more kills at a distance with sub-machine guns. Makes it easier to control my range of fire.

Oh and many people always try to go for the headshot since its the easiest awy to kill someone. Not necissarily the quickest though since you can easily miss my head while i pump you full of lead. Aim for the chest cavity right above the Ab's, let your recoil drag your crosshair up to his lips and blow his teeth out the back of his face.

I must admit that I enjoy picking up enemy nades and tossing them back. The little rush you get when you kill someone with their own nades is sick. I also do it to save teammates as much as possible. Although Sarge Mega Therion seems to be my biggest nemesis on that regard since he rushes in with a primed nade and hands himself and usually 2-3 other people their own rears.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

changing to pistol doesnt help reload time??? LOL LOL heres the trick to make it so it does ,bind mousewheel up to previous weapon chose nade and throw em both so NOW u have no previous weapon ,,,now shoot with the kar and taadaa ,,mousewheel up for the quikswitch

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't understand why you are laughing??? and i don't understand your tip. then it would just go to pistol instead of grenade..... and quickswitching no matter which weapon you switch it to does not speed up reload time
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shuya wrote:
changing to pistol doesnt help reload time??? LOL LOL heres the trick to make it so it does ,bind mousewheel up to previous weapon chose nade and throw em both so NOW u have no previous weapon ,,,now shoot with the kar and taadaa ,,mousewheel up for the quikswitch

I'm pretty sure that would be considered an exploit.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FUSE
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone feels that they don't have great aim, try using the kar. It kind of forces you to be accurate because you only get one shot at a time, not like the other rifles/semiautos that let you get off shot after shot. The kar really helps you to become more accurate cuz if u miss and ur in one on one combat, well usually you're toast unless you can pull out ur pistol fast enough. I'm bad at pulling out my pistol, trying to work on that

FUSE.TVR -V$-
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: