FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Day of Defeat legal tricks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Verbannt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can usually find spots in most maps where you can do that, just look for a tall surface and throw the grenade as hard as possible, I usually jump towards the wall at an angle and the extra force will send that grenade much farther than a normal throw and into enemy territory, great for taking out snipers and those pesky mg's camping around corners and such..
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heres a tip, use the green dot in my xhair pack. once is tarted using it ( and with some practice of course) my k:d went from around a .80 up to a 1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOH OOH I have one!

Charge an enemy ducking and dodging, and pull out your knife. Continue ducking and dodging until your point blank then stab them three times in the front and three times in the back.

p.s. Hope to God the person your charging is a terrible shot with a bolt action rifle and a bad mouse. (That or have a friend run with you as cannon fodder, it works.)

Oh and also try and get an elevation on an enemy when using rockets, and always aim a little bit higher than your target at long distances.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD. SKULLS FOR THE THRONE #Vamp
"The Dark Angels Chapter hides a terrible secret. These Fallen Ones, betrayers of the Lion, traitros to the Empire, must be eradicated before their taint corrupts the world, and our secret is revealed."
Intterigator Chaplain Asmodai
bullseye lespaul
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also in kalt when you got that mg in the window 'your allies they axis" prime your nade at the wheel sprint out and throw nade in window, youll die prob but gets mg everytme unless someone blocks door, you got to find prime spot though its all about when the nade blows up
-={BA}=- Green-Drop

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with the MG42 if you aren't deployed and you run into someone, simply crouch and hold the weapons recoil down.

works for me at least
crackhead_fred

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-={BA}=- Green-Drop wrote:
with the MG42 if you aren't deployed and you run into someone, simply crouch and hold the weapons recoil down.

works for me at least

I can never hold either of the MG's to kill someone when undeployed. If you ever see me running around as a MG, you'll prob see my Colt of Luger out . Although it seems that some people can hold it perfectly straight when firing.
Herostratus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you see a nade coming near you and you think its going to explode then sprint prone diving away from it will help you take much less damage. Even just proning into a corner can save you from a nade.

With that said, never be afraid to run at a nade and pick it up if you think its unprimed or if you have no chance of getting away. At least you can take away someones kill.

Also remember that picking up a box of ammo, or your weapon sounds like priming a grenade.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Herostratus wrote:
With that said, never be afraid to run at a nade and pick it up if you think its unprimed or if you have no chance of getting away. At least you can take away someones kill.

This also saves the people around you.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
l3eeron
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annual bump:

Any new tips to add?

eternalVillealliance
StrontiumDog
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to MG a lot in 1.3 until I went to Source. Now I love the BAR and the STG44!
Anyway, when MGing, don't move. Not a pixel. It is easier to spot enemy moving, especially when they are sniping!
And secondly, shot in front of them..not at them. Try and anticipate where they'll be!

"Oh Smeg! What the smeg's he smegging done? He's smegging killed me!" Lister, Red Dwarf
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Cake
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

probably the best two words of advice anyone can offer:

throw. grenades.

Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cake wrote:

throw. grenades.

Maybe not with FF...

Oh, and when using a panzer/bazooka, don't shoot at one enemy while 5 teammates are running toward him.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DJ George
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:
Cake wrote:

throw. grenades.

Maybe not with FF...

Oh, and when using a panzer/bazooka, don't shoot at one enemy while 5 teammates are running toward him.

Yeah, that is a waste of a rocket if you miss all of them
The Tiju

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in flash when on axis...the house on the left by the 3rd flag...if u prime a nade and throw it through the hole in the wall and through the door u should be able to take out enemy snipers and a few stragglers...

on kalt, when in sewers, if u know an enemy is coming from under wheel house to ur side of sewers, use the pipes as protection, if u crouch by the pipes the bullets usually ricochet off the pipes and miss you

also on kalt, when on allies and goin through the wheel house, prime a nade and throw it right under the crack in the door, that will send it straight to the axis mg...just figure out how long to prime the nade and make sure no one is blockin u

"Never Fear The Tiju is Here"
Kurosaki Ichigo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I see this so much it doesnt make sense to me but it must just be people wanting kills. When I die in a map I watch others play and when someones in a hidden place they usually just start shooting at the first enemy they see. usually a bad idea as many times theres 2-3 of his buddies right behind him.

Most times ends up with the one guy getting ganged by many. I have found that if your in a good hidey hole let the first guy go by count to three THEN go after his butt. That ensures that if anyone is following him they'll either pass you by first or be right in your crosshairs when you come out of hiding. Gotten many group kills cause of that.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: