FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
PS3
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: PS3 Reply with quote

http://media.ps3.ign.com/articles/614/614619/imgs_1.html

that controller disgusts me. theres a ton of more stuff in the ps3 news section.
Easy Target

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: PS3 Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
that controller disgusts me.

Yeah, what this is anyway? A boomrang?Think

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far looks like Xbox360 is gonna look cooler.

Any word yet on the Nintendo Revolution?
[/img]
95% sure it's fake but looks sweet lol

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the controller looks a little funny but i think it will be better than the current ps2 controller. i hated that thing.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am going for the box360, it looks better, will perform better, and because it is owned by microsoft then it will have the $$ for any game title it wants....pretty much it will be better....that is my opinion
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well here are some of the specs for PS3...i am just amazed and awed by what info has been released so far...but 7 people can play at one time on one PS3...and one PS3 can be put into two HDTV's.

http://money.cnn.com/2005/05/16/technology/personaltech/e3_sony/index.htm?cnn=yes

some more stuff i dug up

PS3 Specs: "The PlayStation 3 will feature the much-vaunted Cell processor, which will run at 3.2 Ghz and feature 2.18 teraflops of performance. It will sport 256mb XDR main RAM at 3.2 Ghz, have 256MB of GDDR VRAM at 700mhz, a detachable 2.5 inch HDD slot, six usb 2.0 ports, Memory Stick Duo, a SD slot, a compact flash memory slot, Compact flash slot, 2 hdmi outputs, 1 av multi out, 1 SPDIF optical output, and 1-gigabit Ethernet built in port."
Among the previously undisclosed abilities of the PS3 will be internet browsing functions, video chat using an EyeToy style camera peripheral, photo archival and browsing, and of course, advanced video and audio playback functionality.

AND to boot all developers that were on board of PS2 are saying how easy it is to program for and some of the harsh critics of the PS2 developing process are saying the PS3 is very easy to program for....AND MSG4, GT5, Tekken 6, perhaps new GTA are all going to be launch titles or close as possible launch titles...

Powder
Rebel_Rouser
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bezzy wrote:
i am going for the box360, it looks better, will perform better, and because it is owned by microsoft then it will have the $$ for any game title it wants....pretty much it will be better....that is my opinion

ya because we all know Sony does not have the money........
*insert sarcasim here*

I am not to keen on the silver color, now the black looks nice

Longest Running Show in Broadway History 1/9/06
PolluX
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm partial to the black as well. I personally don't like the XBox 360, but for the record I don't like the XBox either....it's the one system I don't own and have never liked.

As for the PS3...I think it will win this time around, depending on what Nintendo releases about/with Revolution, but I don't think the XBox 360 is going to be what people think it's going to be.
John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm, well the last console I owned was a PS1......Then I discovered TFC and never went back.

I doubt I will ever get a Xbox or a PS2, 3 or whatever but if someone wants to give me one as a gift, to enlighten me well, I wont be too offended.

Ok, we should start two pools, one to see the exact date the things will actually be available in the stores and the other will be to see just how long it will take for the copy protection and such to be cracked so that the games can be shared

JD

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't get me wrong, sony does have money....what ever happened to GTA being ONLY Playstation???Oh that is right, microsoft but down the bills and rockstar made it for xbox too....PS3 can't really keep up....it seems that billy over there will do anything to get a nice BIG peice of the gaming industry....I never really like PS,PS2, and PS3 doesn't look all that great to me either....I liked xbox because of the NO MEMORY CARD! deal....plus xbox's graphics>ps2.....plus, xbox was the first to make basicly a "computer" cheap enough for anyone....you can get it for what $150 + the "mod chip" you can run linux, store all you games on it at once, have internet, dowload.....cmon..... but let us just comprimize and say they all suck, computers are better....
Rebel_Rouser
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS3 is suppose to have 2x the processing speed of the Xbox 360

PS3 NEWS

Longest Running Show in Broadway History 1/9/06
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooo well no matter what at the momment PS3 is looking pretty sharp...unless microsoft puts some new specs out this is going to be a lopsided fight.

Powder
.Bez

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can have 1000GHz of cpu speed, it is worthless it the wires can not travel at that speed (ty hyperthreading) the fbs is fast enough and you have enough RAM to prioritize everything....all parts of a computer (a machine that solves logrithms) work together to make it good
rANCOR hUNTER

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's official release stuff
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3140590

Here she is: Nintendo Revolution
http://media.cube.ign.com/articles/615/615030/imgs_1.html

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, I'm anti-Nintendo. The less I see of that, the better. It started losing it's glory after the SNES.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: