FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Harry Potter

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kahlan Amnell
Queen of Spam

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Harry Potter Reply with quote

ok, who else reads and loves? just realized I didn't pack those books, bah. need something to read....

anyways, I like the books better than the movie, like normal, I like picturing it in my head, special effects there are much better movies aren't to bad though.

newest movie coming out is HP and the Goblet of Fire, found a trailer for it here: http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/harry_potter/thegobletoffire/

http://ctprofiles.net/799963
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Rebel_Rouser
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bah! Harry Potter actually annoys me. Stupid little pre-teen with magical powers.

The books I liked when I was younger were the Goosebump books. Now they were something to read when your young. Not this Harry Potter crap, but thats just my opinion on that. I guess times change

Longest Running Show in Broadway History 1/9/06
scforth

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had like 50 of the Goosebump books too!! they were excellent

-stuart
Kahlan Amnell
Queen of Spam

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have a lot of the Goosebumps series... but I can't re read those.... sentence structure, vocabulary, everything... just too low for me to put aside to enjoy now.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the teaser for harry 4 actually look remarkably good. The mermen look creepy...the dragon looks good...and it is a nice teaser for people who have not read the books but just seen the movies...and for people who have read the books you get to see the big characters from the book...overall this trailer gets a B+ to A- from me(only cause i want to see more).

The success of this film relies strongly on what kind of content they deciede to put into the movie. If i remember correctly this book was very very dark (not as dark as the 5th) and to me essentially changed the whole series due the ending (which i will not tell).

The harry potter series of movie to me keep getting better and better (1st one was not good at all) especially due to the fact that 3rd and now the 4th have new directors who will take on the material different, which i think gives a breath of fresh air instead of having the same ole director (exception being i believe Sam Rami is the perfect director for Spidy as he will be doing or he hopes to do Spidy 3-6)

Powder
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Harry Potter movies are bad. Bad acting, bad directing, bad content, bad special effects, bad rewriting of several parts of the books. Just plain bad. They have not improved whatsoever IMO, and I don't expect them to.

The books are good

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
OS

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Goosebump books were mad, but so is HP I guess. I haven't seen any of the movies
Kahlan Amnell
Queen of Spam

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ever seen the goosebump shows on tv? hehehe. and you thought it was bad when a book went to a movie.... just watch when it goes to tv lol

X.O.Skeleton

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmm, more bother...I mean potter

"No gut, no glory"
Mike

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate that stuff. way too many made up words. isnt there a new book coming out tho, saw an add for it somewhere.
Kahlan Amnell
Queen of Spam

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bah, I am re-reading my Sword of Truth books so I can read the new one.... next will be re-read HP and get the new one I guess. Gabaldon better not release a new one for her series soon..

PolluX
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like HP...both the books and the movies. Something about them really appeals to me. I do agree that the books are much better than the movies, but then that's almost always the case.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: