FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Xbox 360

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gamepro65

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Xbox 360 Reply with quote

Well, not sure if you guys caught the MTV show about the Xbox 360, just finished here. All i must say is wow, many great titles comming out. Quake 4, Perfect Dark Zero, it looks really intense. All wireless MMMMM. Well off to bed in a great mood.

Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is it?

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did not see the program but what are the specs on this thing. Also the rumors of it not having a harddrive true...and will Microsoft still be losing money on this thing as they have been doing since day one of the original X-box.

Powder
.Bez

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you ask y xbox loses money? Try entering a mutlibillion dollar industry with only a few billion dollars and a bad reputation with anyone that knows anything about technology....get back to me when you do...i am in the process of getting a billion dollars

oh:

http://www.xbox.com/en-us/xbox360/console.htm

www.xbox360.com
Mike

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the pics of it were out for weeks before the show. they also dont have a HD on it because the comany that made the xbox HD still has some sort of patent or contract with microsoft and microsoft doesnt want to give them money so it might be an option.
rANCOR hUNTER

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, it doesn't look all that special. Not what I would expect from a system with triple 3.2 GHz. Unless you guys can show me something to prove me wrong.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rANCOR hUNTER wrote:
Meh, it doesn't look all that special. Not what I would expect from a system with triple 3.2 GHz. Unless you guys can show me something to prove me wrong.

and u expect it not to overheat and to cost $300? 3ghx is plentz for a sometihng that is just dedicated to games and running nothing else.
Gamepro65

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
rANCOR hUNTER wrote:

and u expect it not to overheat and to cost $300? 3ghx is plentz for a sometihng that is just dedicated to games and running nothing else.

This is where you are wrong mike, the xbox 360 has a full media center included with it. With this you can get music and games and such. It is no-longer just a video game system. Also the tripple 3.2 ghz processors use hydro cooling instead of the ordinary fan. Also the hard drive thing is wrong also, they will be shipped with 20 GB hard drives installed.

You also cant forget the 50+ People that the games will be able to support. The game they showed off was Perfect Dark Zero and said that the max will be around 64 players or something like that, just like BF1942 can do.

Mike

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gamepro65 wrote:
Mike wrote:
rANCOR hUNTER wrote:

This is where you are wrong mike, the xbox 360 has a full media center included with it. With this you can get music and games and such. It is no-longer just a video game system. Also the tripple 3.2 ghz processors use hydro cooling instead of the ordinary fan. Also the hard drive thing is wrong also, they will be shipped with 20 GB hard drives installed.

You also cant forget the 50+ People that the games will be able to support. The game they showed off was Perfect Dark Zero and said that the max will be around 64 players or something like that, just like BF1942 can do.

it would still cost alot for the liquid cooling and the processors. playing a song off the hard drive shouldnt be that much more stress o nthe cpu then playing it off of the dvd. im shure microsoft had put it through many stress tests to make shure it can handle cpu intensive games and other things at once.
rANCOR hUNTER

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It still doesnt look that spectacular...

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rANCOR hUNTER wrote:
It still doesnt look that spectacular...

i never said it did. i probably wont get it either.
Rebel_Rouser
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was told by a dude at an EB games store it is gonna cost 500 frickin dollars

Longest Running Show in Broadway History 1/9/06
rANCOR hUNTER

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I think consoles are pretty lame. I just traded in my xbox and stuff to buy computer stuff. Computers are way more worth the money. Although I still play my old stuff and my gamecube. N64 and Playstation were the best.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: