FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Funeral for a friend...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KopiKat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Funeral for a friend... Reply with quote

Hello my fellow villuns. Today, April 27th, 2005, a very dear friend of mine was taken from me. I was driving home on a local highway, and stopped for traffic, when I was rearended by a driver going about 70 miles an hour. My sister and I were fine, as were the occupants of every other vehicle, we have no injuries except for a bruize on my elbow. However, my vehicle was destroyed. My 1990 GMC Suburban, named Jeffery, suffered mortal damage, while protecting the life of both my sister and I. He had been in my family for over 14 years, and had served us dutifully untill his untimely death. I owe him my life, and my sister's too, and for that I am eternally thankfull. He will be missed greatly, and will remain in my memories. I am thankfull for our lives, and also thankfull for his sacrafice.

Rest in peace, Jeff.

-KK

Last edited by KopiKat on Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gurrg

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GMC they build em right. I'm glad you're ok, and everyone's ok. For the Suburban, like a rock
RIP Jeff the Burban

The Ville-Addict----BR Site \/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear your OK

Bye Jeff..see you as a new Hyundai real soon! :p
[HALO]MasterChief

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well glad to hear that you are ok

rip Jeffrey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm, ok. I am sorry you lost your car, but honeslty death is not something to joke about. A friend was just killed in a car accident, he was only 16...

I hope yall wear your seat belts, the only person in that vehicle that was wearing his went home the next morning. One died and the other was in the hospital for like 2 weeks, she only survived because the steering wheel would not let her get flown from the vehicle....
Jfet Zener
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have a '90 burb. I miss it dearly. It chugged gas like none other, but that thing could haul. Many a good times I had with it.

RIP Jeff, and thank god everyone is OK.
Easy Target

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost lost my car too the past month, just because someone didn't do is stop... anyway she's back on track and even made 400$.

Ok, I know it's a Hyundai! But it's my first car, so she special! lol
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bezzy wrote:
Umm, ok. I am sorry you lost your car, but honeslty death is not something to joke about. A friend was just killed in a car accident, he was only 16...

Don't think anyone is joking about death, and I am sorry to hear of your friend. 16 is way to young for that, and the impact it has on friends is huge.

KK- glad everyone is ok. Have any pics of the burb?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will have pics of my vehicle as soon as i go and see it in the lot it's in. I am sorry to hear about your friend Bezzy, that is extremely unfortunate and my prayers go out to his family.

However my post was not meant to be a joke, I was merely explaining that I had lost something that I considered to be very close to me, but was very thankfull that it was lost in the attempt to save the life of my sister and I. We were both wearing our seatbelts, and the combination of the seatbelts and the rockhard construction of the Suburban is what saved us, and for that I am very thankfull.

-KK

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too many car accidents involving villuns! I'm afraid to get my license now
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about the truck, but glad you are okay. People need to learn to drive...

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
crackhead_fred

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rANCOR hUNTER wrote:
Too many car accidents involving villuns! I'm afraid to get my license now

I'm afraid of you getting your license also
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to hear you and you're sister are ok KK. The lost of a viehicle sucks but, life is much more important and I'm to see you made it out allright. Material things can be replaced lives can't. Just make sure if you start feeling aches and pains in your back or neck or any other area to have it checked out. As injuries can show up much later. Like things as simple as picking up a pen up off the floor and the next thing you know someone is picking you up off the floor. Basically it is better to be safe then sorry. .

Things happen in a split second out there on the roads. I have been suffering for many months do to a little kid on his bicycle knocking me off a 28' ladder then 18 months later we had our accident where we were side swipped on the freeway which caused us to rollover. Do to others unawareness I just got back from ordering my new ride a brand new motorized wheelchair. Things can be taken from you in a instance so don't take anything for granite. Things change at the blink of a eye and can change your life forever.

I am thankful that I am still alive, but dealing with the pain on a never ending circumstance just plain sucks.
kamikaze

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, the old saying goes "What's important is that you're ok. The vehicle can be replaced but your life cannot". While it is true to an extent (you can't argue that life can be replaced), it is not entirely accurate. Let me expand. Some of us love our cars. We treat it better than we do ourselves on occassion. It's obvious that kk loved his car, it was in the family for 15 years, that's quite a long time. While he could have another Suburban, he will never have THAT Suburban again. Over time, you come to love the little quirks that your car has. The certain creaks and sounds that come with an old vehicle, it's something that makes it yours. More importantly, it serves you to the best of abilities as long as you take care of it. And most importantly, it protects you when someone is negligent enough to hit it. Look at kk's suburban. It kept him and his sister from harm all the while ending it's own usefulness.

Sorrry to hear about your loss kk, hopefully you can find something comparable to fall in love with.

i told you i was hardcore.
JtH

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have been in my share of accidents.

i dont know if you guys remember my underage drinking brush with the law. The charges were dropped as long as we went to these alcohol cessation classes. on our way to the 2nd or 3rd class we got into a bad accident.

a guy pulling out from a side street who had a stop sign didnt quite feel like stopping. He plowed right into us on the passenger side, right where i was sitting. i remember looking up and seeing the car coming at us and i couldnt do anything but brace for impact. I remember thinking "Well this is a shitty way to go" pardon the language but i feel for accuracy it must be included. He slammed into us, spinning my friends mazda around like a toy. we did a total 180 and ended up in oncoming traffic. Luckily they stopped and we were not hit again.

we both made it out ok. Some bruises but otherwise no worse for the wear.

The reason why im sharing this is that people understand that when they drive they are taking their own lives and their passengers in their hands. Few realize that you are also in control of everyone else on the road's lives. be careful when you drive. You never know what can happen out there so do your best to ensure that everyone gets to where they are going safely.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: