FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How to keep your team alive, and love it.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snaggletooth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I've come to be a rather efficient Medic. So, I'm gonna toss some stuff out that might have been said before, or might not have. (Keep in mind these are my personal opinions on what a medic should do to benefit his team the most.)

First: The medic should try at all times to keep his team alive. They do much more damage this way. Yes....that means you die more, but the good of the many outweigh the good of the few/one.

Second: If someone calls for a medic, forget what you're doing and help them. Unless you are in immediate danger of getting killed, or are taking someone or something out(i.e. a Sentry Gun). Again, your teammates depend on you to keep them alive.

Third: Whenever possible, infect. I can't tell you how much this can rattle an enemy defense. They go from attacking your offense to searching for a way to stay alive, and kill you in moments. But, keep in mind they may have a medic doing the same thing to your team.

Fourth: If the map warrents it, capture the flag/Command Point. Medics are the fastest class after Scouts, and are much better armed and armored. Use your concussion grenades to your advantage, when possible. They can launch you past sentry guns and enemy players quickly. But, remember you need to help your team with staying alive in the process.

What my main point here is to keep your team alive. If they don't have to worry about getting packs to survive, they can concentrate on the task at hand, whatever that may be. There are some who don't think medics should be on their team unless they're infected by an enemy medic. The medics, much like spies, can destroy a well organized defense in moments. What you should aim to do is get a healthy mix of offensive and defensive medical tactics and help your team in any way you can. But above all, Keep Your Team Alive.
FragFailure

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meds are the most underappreciated class in the game. A good med will turn the tide of battle for or against you. A med will also not be so interested in good scores

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to think I've turned a few games around in my time as a medic.

But I disagree, I think HWs are the most unappreciated. Medics aren't even the most hated. I think spies are probably the most hated at least by me. Medics are basically just loathed and dispised untill someone gets infected. The medic however may be the most difficult class to master. Think about it, Offensive, Defensive, Support oriented Capper. And all at the same time

You are correct Snaggletooth, your primary goal is to heal, but nothing like causing an outbreak in the church to help your offense or getting half of their offense chasing you around and around instead of attacking. You have become a very effective medic and I find it just as much fun to play on the same team as it is to go against you as medic. Now the next step is to add in the use of the supernailgun and the nades.

Pay attention to FragFailure and you may eventually learn the art of Longer Living Through Proper Nade Priming At least I have more dificulty escaping his grenades than I do most other peoples. (Only talking Normal grenades here)

Keep up the team oriented medic work here...we really need the good press....
Secret Agent Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why do people hate spys? there fun to be! Im mainly a spy and people hate me..... this sucks!

aa, oshiete sensei-san
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How true a medic has to think about other things rather than just killing. As already stated your first priority must be keeping your team healthy. Only after that go for the cap or kill and create out and out chaos. This is actually the best part when you see complete panic and all the attention turns to "get that medic". Your stats be don't matter even though it is hard not to think about them.
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the best times I have had playing Half-Life is as Medic.
I like to latch on to a HW and med him thru thick and thin. It is really hard to stay rignt on his back and keep him alive.
Plus you get the best seat in the house watching person after person getting mowed down.
If you haven't tried it you should. Be prepared to have no score and a high death though.
Plus you have to find a willing Hw and a aggressive one.
Blue Ruler is a good one. Very aggressive,

YPAWOM is the hardest he bounces around the most. Its not so much as keeping him Meded up but just keeping up with him is a chore.

The major trick is convincing the Hw he dosen't need the supply bags with armor. You need the health more. You can keep him alive thru anything with health. He can get ammo from all the bodies he is leaving around.
Taking out SG's face on is a good example.
Blue Ruler
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comp. Roofcutter you saved my a__ many a time. Got killed a lot lately as hwg, where you been. I turn around and you not there. How come?????
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its time for another week of MEDMAN... ringing sound fades out....

See you soon Blue Ruler!
Tommy.Chong

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2002 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do find it hard to keep up with a good HW not only are they proficient but they can move in odd patterns when they want.I like being a medic its about the only spot i can play with my ping besides demo an then i just gotta spam an found that isnt cool so i be a medic it does take the death ratio up a lot but hey im not much of a stat player anyways.
Krayonz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2002 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy, I dunno who told you spamming isn't cool, but don't listen to em. There are many respectable spammers, like albino and beandiddy. They are top quality spammers, and nobody complains. Just because a couple people don't like being spammed dosen't mean you should stop doing what you want.
Trigger Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2002 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey wussup snipa!!! Haven't seen you in a while man!!! Well, back to the medic ordeal. I dislike it when my teammate infects me more than five times in a row. In addition I dislike it when I freshly spawn and get infected. I even get annoyed when I accidently infect my own teammate!!! And I truly believe that medics are unappreciated. I totally appreciate a medic that heals you prior/after being infected. It helps the team a lot if you have a good, persistent and responsive medic. And to tell you the truth, Snaggletooth is one of those good, persistent and responsive medics that aid infections or increases the life span of his team. For all the medics out there, do your job man and learn from Snaggletooth because he knows what he's talking about. School "dem" newbies Snaggle =)

- Sig Made By <TVB>Bada^Bing-TPF-
JollyRoger

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2002 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy, there, In my opinion, is nothing wrong with Spamming. Some people don't like it. Some people also don't like it when i headshot them. Some people also don't like it when i play a HW. That doesn't stop me from doing those things.

A good sniper/anything can make someone spamming lunch meat mighty quick anyway.

Right CyCoDaD?

Ok, you weren't really spamming, the time i poked my head over and headshotted you, but... yea. Right.

What i wonder is there any rules against spamming? I usually don't toss more than a normal grenade or a few GL nades at snipers on ledges, but sometimes there is an annoying sniper and i suppose i can go a bit overboard. I thought i'd ask ahead, so i don't end up getting banned for tossing 2 nades and 2 gasses up on that point three ledge in warpath. Thanks in advance.

The ladies man,
JollyRoger.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2002 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, the medic, my favorite class by far. Also one of the best defensive players in the game. My favorite comment is "Medic on D" to which I say, "You capped yet? Didnt think so...". I will have to say that it is the hardest class to master. There are many responsibilities regarding the medic. It depends on your style of play as well. Most of the time I'm O with the flag on my mind. But as I run around bumping into my teammates in there base, I give them the tap of love so they can distract and I can steal. As I'm sure you have noticed, the medic isnt the most aggressive class in the game. Soldiers and Hws are nice to have by my side. So I dont go around killing everyone, who cares, I heal my team -> they kill more -> more distraction -> easier stolen flags -> TEAM WINS! Thats all it takes.
If you ever notice your team hammering on another... Take a look at the leading scorer... my bet is it's a medic, and he's the reason you havent died yet...
I love med(as if you hadn't already noticed...)
Enrico

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2002 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for a different viewpoint Snaggletooth, healing your teammates should be a large priority of the medics, but (to me) it's not the biggest. I will heal a friendly if i see him get hurt, but won't hang back looking for people to heal. I think its best if you can get to the enemies rear and harass the D. For instance, in warpath, the were about to cap the end when i conced over thier lines and ran to thier base. I kept 5 or 6 players busy for quite a while with those two packs, and killed 3 or 4 guys with infection. The medic is at his best on O where he can infect or shoot, then go right bcak to cover before the enemy knows where its coming from.

Also I have a test to see if you really wanna play medic in your heart. If a team mate (not you) dies, do you get pissed? I hate trying to heal a guy only to see him chunky slasafied RIGHT before i get there, it bums me out then getting fragged does.

[ This Message was edited by: Juxtaposition on 2002-01-29 16:39 ]
CyC0Dad

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2002 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing worse than running full speed, only to see you "medic" screaming teammate die of infection just as you arrive. **Sniff** **Sniff** <CyCoDad wipes a tear from his eye>.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: