FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Suggestion for TV IV

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PolluX
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Suggestion for TV IV Reply with quote

I really need to start posting more here...lol

anyway...I know some of you know me from the servers and a big hello to those of you that don't...

Anyway...My thoughts are as follows

I play on TV4 more than the other servers because of map voting (personal preference over rotations) and I find myself getting really frustrated with the voting procedure.

It's not timing or anything of that sort it's the way the voting script works. I've all too many times played on a map only to have to play on it again 2 maps later...and then again 3 maps later...ad nauseum.

What I am wondering about is, and it's something I've seen on other servers, changing the voting script so that it keeps track of the last x number of maps (usually 3-5 on other servers that I've seen with this) and a map can't be repeated until x number of different maps have been played.

I'm not one to just complain (and I'm really not complaining here) without offering some ideas...so there are a few solutions that I'd like to offer up (if you'd even consider changing said script).

1. Do the nomination/then vote thing...maps can't be repeated for x amount of map changes.

2. Don't even worry about nominations just don't let the maps repeat outside of those x changes.

3. Allow for voting but don't allow a map to repeat until ALL possible maps have been played. (I've seen this some places and it's really nice)

I don't know how much work is involved with all of this or if it's even an option you guys would consider, but I wanted to bring it up.

Either way you guys run some great servers with admins who do a really good job and draw a really fun crowd (fun crowd most of the time...lol)

Anywho...thanks for reading this...and considering it (even if only for that "heck no!" moment). :)

oh...and hello again to everyone...I swear I'm going to try to be more active on the boards now.
shovelnose
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey dude! i see you in the servers all the time and you snipe me quite often

i think thats a good idea actually. i get really sick of playing flash every other map
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah...I know you (+) hehe.....I do believe you've gotten me your fair share of times as well.

you and me both man....you and me both. It's like all I ever get to play is Flash, Kalt, Ava, and Switch....wash rinse repeat.

And I HATE HATE HATE HATE Avalanche and Switch....useless maps IMNSHO...lol

:)

I just know that the voting system is the one thing that really keeps TV4 from being my favorite server of all that play at.
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya know if a bad map comes up...you could play on the other DOD server or gasp venture over to TV5....the robots like the attention

powder
s.Squirrel
The Nut Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shovelnose wrote:
i get really sick of playing flash every other map

Flash = Bren = lots of Destruction

Rebel_Rouser
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s.Squirrel wrote:
Flash = Squirrelinator Bren H4X = lots of Destruction

your right there

Longest Running Show in Broadway History 1/9/06
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this would be a good idea.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
l3eeron
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey pollux, I see you playing all the time too. I would have to agree. There are so many kick butt maps, yet the rotation seems kinda small. I do like the rotation though. I was thinking of an idea on how to "wieght" peoples votes. Like, If your in the top 5 of either team, your vote would count as two or something. So, good scores would be rewarded, and noobs who have no idea what map charlie is would get "weeded" out. However!!! It is the people I play with that keeps me here, not the maps so.....A new map or two in the rotation would be awesome, but it wouldnt keep from playing here. CHEERS!

eternalVillealliance
SilverOne
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your suggestions.

We did use the plugin that remembers the last 5 maps played at one time. I dont remember why I removed it, but it was either not working right or causing some server issues.

I will look into it again. If I see no problem with the plugin it will be added soon.

Edit/Update :

Plugin added. Remembers last 5 maps played. If this seems not long enough to prevent repeats I can modify the plugin to remember last 10 or 15 if needed so there are no repeats for hours lol. Hopefully the plugin works as intended. Will keep an eye on it and modify as needed.

"STOP FLAPPIN' THE YAP AND WATCH THE LANGUAGE" ~Blue Ruler
"Silver is Cheezylicious" ~MErf
PolluX
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SilverOne wrote:

Edit/Update :

Plugin added. Remembers last 5 maps played. If this seems not long enough to prevent repeats I can modify the plugin to remember last 10 or 15 if needed so there are no repeats for hours lol. Hopefully the plugin works as intended. Will keep an eye on it and modify as needed.

Unbelievable.....it amazes me that you guys have already done this. I was prepared to thank you guys for even considering it...but wow.

There are no doubts in my mind that the admins and crew of the Ville are the reason you have some great servers.

Cheers
mUj0
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey pollux, nice to see ya in here great idea too!

Colossians 2:20 "You have died with Christ, and he has set you free from the evil powers of this world. So why do you keep on following rules of the world"
vTEC
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey pollux..nice to see you in the fourms
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this should keep claypigeon happy now too.. he always cries when the maps went avalanche, map, map, avalanche...

Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollux wrote:

There are no doubts in my mind that the admins and crew of the Ville are the reason you have some great servers.

Cheers

now that you are here posting, you better stay around!
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't plan on going anywhere. I've been reg'd here for awhile now, it's just that I went a long time and forgot about the website...too busy sniping bad guys.

lol
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: