FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Back Muscle Spasms
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Back Muscle Spasms Reply with quote

Ok. I have a bad back. And I have been getting a lot of back muscle spasms since I have been packing to move.

Does anyone have some tips to help a sore old back, besides chiropratic .

Thanks
rANCOR hUNTER

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a massage deskchair? mmmmmm I'm 16 and it makes me feel good
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmm muscle relaxers?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hot baths
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fall on a trash can? Think

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hot packs and cold packs. Put heat on for about 20 min. then cold for 20 min. do that a couple times and it should help a little. I have a very bad back and do it 4-5 times daily. Try that hope it helps.
Kahlan Amnell
Queen of Spam

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simpleman wrote:
Hot packs and cold packs. Put heat on for about 20 min. then cold for 20 min. do that a couple times and it should help a little. I have a very bad back and do it 4-5 times daily. Try that hope it helps.

cold dulls the ache, heat loosens the muscles, by switching and doing 20 hot 20 cold you give your back time to relax. I found that the back wrap things they sell at the Safeway here (activate themselves, kind of like the hot hands things) work wonders. You can go to work with it on, really helps, so you don't have to be stationary. Just don't wear it when it is warm and wear a fleece.. gets really hot...

http://ctprofiles.net/799963
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just put on a bengay ...no comments please...back patch. The mentholatum helps. I just want to avoid coritizone shots in the spine to help me.

The hot and cold I will try. And yes a massage chair would be great, but if i spend money on that it will focus on the south of the border lol
DaKon
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muscle relaxors are an option, but I prefer to avoid any medication to help. Especially since I am allergic to something as simple as asprin (makes my heart skip a few beats).

Stevo, pls spam somwhere else. By god what the hell "Fall on a trash can".
Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try doing bridges. I've noticed that after bending down and moving a bunch of stuff it feels really good to arc the spine like that.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah cortizone shots are teh hurt...lol I get them atleast twice a month. I have had 4 surgeries 17 spinal blocks and go to therapy 3 times aweek...lol Having a bad back sucks. They want to fuse 7 disk in the lower back on me, but i'm not ready to not be able to bend over ( like I can anyways ). After the accident I know have 3 bulging disk in the neck togo along with stonosis ( Which is a narrowing of the spinal canal ). I have been dealing with this for 17 years now ever since I broke my back win I was 17. The hot and cold method takes the edge off which allows you to be mobile again.
Dann0
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drugs.. More Drugs.. Wait thats what my lasts Ortho Said.
Now this week I gotta go back for a couple of MRIs.

Personally Dk, lieng down on my back for a while or a hot shower helps alot.
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dann0 wrote:
Personally Dk, lieng down on my back for a while or a hot shower helps alot.

That's what I do. I usually lay on the floor and prop my legs on the coach to take the pressure off of my spine. I will also put my arms back when I am in real pain. That works wonders till minime sees me laying there relaxed and feels the need to dive on me

God Bless You Blue Ruler
FingerDemon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I do what BRN was saying too. Also, my physcial therapists told me that cold packs actually do relax the muscles, too. And they have the added benefit of increasing blood flow to the area to kind of flush out the system. (I don't know a whole lot about this but I guess your muscles get build up of mildly toxic chemicals and what not which is why they ache a little first thing in the morning or if you don't get exercise. Getting the heart pumping with some exercise that doesn't hurt your back, like walking, helps too.) At physical therapy they would have me lay on hot packs to warm up, then exercise, then lay on cold packs before I went back to work.

So, I like to combine cold packs with BRN's chair thing. I lay down with my feet and calves on a chair, but I put my back on a big flat cold gel pack that I have, right on the spot that hurts the most. It works wonders.

But the thing that has helped me the most is to go to a doctor and get a prescription for physical therapy. A really good physical therapist can really help tremendously. Especially if your problems are just muscle injuries and not caused by bad disks or structural things like that. My problem started after a whiplash car accident injury, so its pretty much all muscle for me. When they had me do some particular isolation exercises, it started to relieve pain and pressure immediately. I have never been to a chiropractor, but I hear the good ones do similar stuff. The lack of a medical degree always scared me off from them.

Hope you feel better, Dude. I just moved in December and I am still hating myself for owning so many freakin books.
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sit ups always solved my problems. at least so far...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: