FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Server Mod request

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jellotree

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: Server Mod request Reply with quote

I've played a server recently that had modded mops, all weapons, and special maps and I must say it was a lot of fun and a great chang of pace.

I don't know if anyone else would be on board for this but it would be cool to see one of the Ville DOD servers change to add some or all of these features.

Here's what I mean:

- All weapons meaning every map has the paratroopers for each side.
- Some of the maps like Avalance and Kalt had more/less flags and in different spots. Made for better game play.
- Maps added were Wallmart_final, Mario_land, Farmland3, Hill_classic, Rats_2005, Rats_2001, Warsaw, Dust, Dust2. The list goes on, but those were the fun ones. Edit: And the map Marijuana!.

That's about it. Those maps are awsome to play with a full server. I guess it would take a bit of editiing to get everything working right. In my case, I've been playing DOD for so long, I just sick of the same old maps and game play. If The Ville admins could drum up a server like that, that would be sweet.

Jell-O-Tree
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds interesting
Killer KoolAid Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the problem is is that lots of people here aren't up for the change...like me...but i guess it would be cool just to try it out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kahlan Amnell
Queen of Spam

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about trying it on one of the servers that is normally empty?

http://ctprofiles.net/799963
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Mad-Hammer
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jfet and Powder had a DoD server with custom maps. Unfortunately, no one showed up and the server sat empty most of the time. Being one who gamed on their server, I miss the custom maps but what's the sense if the server sees no traffic.

When The Only Tool You Have Is A Hammer, Everything Else Looks Like A Nail....
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOO wise stevo speaks the truth...the thing is most people don't like custom maps. Even though they are very fun and cool cause they offer so much variety than the ho hum flash map or anzio the simple truth is most people don't like the long wait time required to download such map nor will they come to the website and download it...they just move on.

Powder
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

powdermilkman wrote:
OOO wise stevo speaks the truth...

yeah, but so does Mad-Hammer.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mike

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a few of those maps are just tfc customs ported to dod, and the others a are cs maps. if you want custom models, then download some and put them on your machine.
powdermilkman
Diplomat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i sigh i saw the TVR thingie and thought it was you...sorry madhammer it is you who are the wise...stevo is just riding your coat tails..
Caveman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember a long time ago on one of the servers when you shot someone in the head a bunch of blood went shooting straight up into the air.....That was cool.
Would that be considered a mod?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad-Hammer wrote:
Jfet and Powder had a DoD server with custom maps. Unfortunately, no one showed up and the server sat empty most of the time. Being one who gamed on their server, I miss the custom maps but what's the sense if the server sees no traffic.

I remember that server. But ther custom maps they used were just like standard DOD maps.... but different. The maps I suggested are a bit, well, different. And with each side having all the para weapons, it made it quite fun. The server was WKA Mod your mind and is usually full or almost full with 30 or so players. The only problem is the WKA whiners get too upset when you kill all their admins and have K/D ratios of 4:1..... I figure TVR admins would run that type of server better.

Jell-O-Tree

Last edited by Jellotree on Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mike

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cpt. Caveman wrote:
I remember a long time ago on one of the servers when you shot someone in the head a bunch of blood went shooting straight up into the air.....That was cool.
Would that be considered a mod?

i think thats an AMX mod plugin.

and jellotree, i guess you havent tried any TFC fun maps.
Mad-Hammer
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He see-eth not the flashy, multi-colored name before he posteth.

Tis okay Powder but I bet Stevo's stewin' in the floods of California.

TV4 had a cool blood mod for awhile but that was before the 1.3 release.

Maybe we could convince some of our server owners, hint( Jfet, Powder) to put together a mod package on say, hint(TV5) as a once a month Ville event.

I suggest this only cause I'm a goob and have absolutely no idea how installing, uninstalling a mod package would affect server stability.

When The Only Tool You Have Is A Hammer, Everything Else Looks Like A Nail....
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: