FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Happy Valentine's Day
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kahlan Amnell
Queen of Spam

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Happy Valentine's Day Reply with quote

Happy Valentine's Day! (don't forget! )
[swf width=320 height=239:52eb35639f]http://roadrunner.pacprod.com/flash/hugsflash.swf[/swf:52eb35639f]

http://ctprofiles.net/799963
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Rebel_Rouser
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait a tick, today is not Valentines day Think

Longest Running Show in Broadway History 1/9/06
5th GHG E.G. Mine

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, sorry. Gonna be too busy saving money that day.
Kahlan Amnell
Queen of Spam

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did it early that way you guys had time to not forget advance warning if you will. Didn't mean to confuse you.... Why I said (don't forget ) lol

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
rANCOR hUNTER

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kahlan you're a lifesaver

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

St. Valentine's Day is one of those crap Hallmark Holidays...as in Hallmark Gift Cards makes money off you.

grumbles

It's not a holiday for the guys.

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Lhiannan_Shee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it is a total crap holiday... and it's not a holiday for the ladies either.

I'm all about love, and showing the person you love just how much you care. That should be done every day... not on one specific day just because Hallmark tells us. I mean, how many people even KNOW the real story behind St.Valentine anyway these days?

You guys think it's rough... but as a girl, there is a whole new can of worms. See, I think society has us programmed to expect something special. Sure, I can tell my man, and tell myself that it's not a big deal and we shouldnt make a big production over it. Yet, in the back of your mind there's something lingering which expects some magical and romantic night...something original. Then, when the actual day comes, you generally get the typical flowers or chocolate, and some cheesy Hallmark card and dinner out where you get to watch all the other couples going through the same crap.

Then, if you are a single woman you have to cope with the thought of being alone. Lots of cheesy bar things aimed at single people going out and having meaningless one night stands. Another Valentine's joy. Round up your girlfriends and go get drunk to cope.

This year, I honestly have no clue what the heck to do for my husband. We're also so low on funds it makes it a lot more stressful. We did order some really awesome wine which is aimed for lovers and blessed by a shaman. http://www.summerhill.bc.ca/wine_shop/index.php?item=100
I got it because my favorite faery artist Brian Froud's artwork was used on the label. Plus, it's organic wine, which is something I appreciate a lot. Still, I have no clue what sort of "gift" to get hubby. Sure, I could go get some fancy new lingerie or buy him a new watch... but is that really worth our utility money? and do I want him using the same funds to get me something? No.... yet I know if he listens to me and doesnt spend any money on me, I will get all moody and depressed.

Oh yay, what a great holiday.

It felt good to vent.
Bright Red Nipples

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lt. Stephenson wrote:
I thought we were celebrating the massacre of St. Valentine.

I know I will be

God Bless You Blue Ruler
`RaphX

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No cards, no restaurants, no flowers or chocolates - I'll be making some fudge instead.
[HALO]MasterChief

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmmmm fudge
Queen of Spam

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, while I do agree that it is a consumer-driven holiday, does it hurt to set one day aside where it is expected to be cheesy romantic? While it might just be something for profit, don't you find that sometimes you need that break to just appreciate a day that you only are expected to share with your significant other?

And for those without someone, go out buy yourself a bag of candy, it is on sale after the 14th. Don't worry bout not being with someone, you only live once, enjoy what you do have in life. Rent your favorite movie, take a walk, set aside the time for yourself.

Those that have someone, but are separated for whatever reason, this gives you a great excuse to just call and talk for awhile, or send them that special something in the mail.

And you don't need to get anything material, it can be something you make, something you write for them, just something. Does it hurt to be cheesy every once in awhile? This is the day to do something, whether it be with someone or yourself, but just appreciate what you do have in life, don't let anything prevent you from doing that-who really cares if it is a commercial holiday? You can find something to do with it that makes you happy.

I posted this as a reminder, but not so you went out and bought something for your significant other, but as a reminder that Monday is a day to stop and just appreciate what you have in your life, what you love in your life. Don't fall into the trap/mindset that you need to buy something or make some outlandish romantic gesture, just be you, but know that that is the day that you can set aside for something extreme-if you want.

Sorry, I didn't mean to upset anyone.

_-=Did It Hurt=-_
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valentine used to be the day, that when you had a crush on someone and could let them know; you could do so without getting slapped.

When you have someone it was the day to let them know that you love/care for them and thank them for their company.

But now its how much money you spend lets the other know how much you care, its not right and to me is cheap.
I just want to take a walk and talk the quiet talk and enjoy each others company.
You know like, let the other know you enjoy their company.
To me thats a special night, money not necessary.

Cool Sig by KRG. Thx

The Proud, the Few, US-V or The Ville Supporters (V$)!!
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Da damn....please be my Valentine!

see that was cheap easy and fun.
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Candy Hearts for the Dejected" sayings include:

I MISS MY EX • PEAKED AT 17 • MAIL ORDER • TABLE FOR 1
I CRY ON Q • U C MY BLOG? • REJECT PILE • PILLOW HUGGIN
ASYLUM BOUND • DIGNITY FREE • PROG FAN • STATIC CLING
WE HAD PLANS • XANADU 2NITE • SETTLE 4LESS • NOT AGAIN

"Candy Hearts for Dysfunctional" sayings include:

RUMORS TRUE • PRENUP OKAY? • HE CAN LISTEN • GAME ON TV
CALL A 900# • P.S. I LUV ME • DO MY DISHES • UWATCH CMT
PAROLE IS UP! • BE MY YOKO • U+ME=GRIEF • I WANT HALF
RETURN 2 PIT • NOT MY MOMMY • BE MY PRISON • C THAT DOOR?

and if you just cant say I love you in English...here is where you can tell that certain someone so that neither one of you is going to be sure what you said!

http://www.worldpath.net/~hiker/iloveyou.html

PS who the heck would by a card when you can make one in 3 minutes on your computer that said exactly what you wanted it to...
FragFailure

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kahlan Amnell wrote:
Alright, while I do agree that it is a consumer-driven holiday, does it hurt to set one day aside where it is expected to be cheesy romantic? While it might just be something for profit, don't you find that sometimes you need that break to just appreciate a day that you only are expected to share with your significant other?

And for those without someone, go out buy yourself a bag of candy, it is on sale after the 14th. Don't worry bout not being with someone, you only live once, enjoy what you do have in life. Rent your favorite movie, take a walk, set aside the time for yourself.

Those that have someone, but are separated for whatever reason, this gives you a great excuse to just call and talk for awhile, or send them that special something in the mail.

And you don't need to get anything material, it can be something you make, something you write for them, just something. Does it hurt to be cheesy every once in awhile? This is the day to do something, whether it be with someone or yourself, but just appreciate what you do have in life, don't let anything prevent you from doing that-who really cares if it is a commercial holiday? You can find something to do with it that makes you happy.

I posted this as a reminder, but not so you went out and bought something for your significant other, but as a reminder that Monday is a day to stop and just appreciate what you have in your life, what you love in your life. Don't fall into the trap/mindset that you need to buy something or make some outlandish romantic gesture, just be you, but know that that is the day that you can set aside for something extreme-if you want.

Sorry, I didn't mean to upset anyone.

Oh, my responses are just male sarcasm that's all. I'm not insulted.

PS: It kills the male ego to be a cheesy romantic. IT TOTALLY KILLS MEN! Anyone who would deny it is lying or should be at a tupperware party! grunt grunt...

PPS: Candy is fattening

HALLMARK SUCKS!

- PWG member 2001
- TVB founder and leader 2001-2004
- The Ville's Vegas Bashes I-V
- T.V.L. (Ville TFC League)
- The Originator of the Off-Topic Posts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: