FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
DoD Demos and Conversion steps...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xXBatmanXx

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: DoD Demos and Conversion steps... Reply with quote

I would like to say kudos to those who have provided us with some nice videos for our viewing pleasure and hax0r rants.....

I was recording some last night (catching a tard gun butting me for 2 rounds) and got to thinking I should start messing around with more demos. I have recorded quiet a few over the past few years, but never did anything with them.

Could someone who enjoys messing with them and talking about it assit with this thread or PM me?

Things to cover:
1. Once you have a demo use program X to convert to Y
2. If sound and video are split, I use Program A to rip the two, and use Program B to edit video and Program C to edit sound and put in cool stuff. This is finished by using program D to put them back together.
3. What is the overhead (I read in another post it got kind of large, but is there a formula?)
4. What are must have programs out there to use.

I really like some of the demos, that is why I ask here.

Bats.
EvilGenius
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Answer to question 1 is in the thread here, with the last post containing everything you need to know to make basic video.

As far as overhead... your bascially rendering 30 bitmaps of 800x600 resolution for each second of video. At 1.37MB per bitmap, this makes 41.1MB per second or 2.4GB per minute. However, you only need the bitmaps until you render it in .avi. I'll check some of my uncompressed .avi files later to give you an idea of how large they are, but if I recall correctly it's something like 1GB per minute. Of course, when you finally render it with DivX, Xvid or Windows .mpeg you'll want something like 25MB per minute.

John Doe wrote:
Normally I lock spam threads...but this one is still one page....I may check on it later......

You have to be a supporter to get it.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: