FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Anyone find it troubling.......
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xXBatmanXx

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject: Anyone find it troubling....... Reply with quote

The lack of teamwork when playing sometimes?
Rules of thumb:
1. When a teammate kills 3-4 people with a nade, or there are consecutive kills in a hotspot.....MOVE UP! They do have to go back to start, do not pass go, and you have plenty of time to move forward!!!!
2. When you are in Switch, Kalt, or other similar and an MG is mowing you down, don't stand around and wait for them to come to you. Work with your team and communicate a sacrifice to get a shot on the MG.
3. Don't block doors at the spawn.
4. When you are in a team of 10-12 people and you see everyone starting to go one way (flash, Kalt, etc) communicate that you and a couple other people should maybe take the other route? Even if only for defense!!
5. When you are in a forward base, and the flags behind you are being capped, and you notice a lot of your team dying, DON"T PANIC!!! GRAB A FLAG NEAR BY SO YOU DON"T LOSE! Just because you are an MG and you are getting leet kills, doesn't mean you can't take out your handgun and go bust some caps to help your team. This is a team game. You could also throw down that bulky MG and pick up a submachine gun to protect a flag!
6. If you are sniping and you suck. Give it up. Bad snipers (negative k:d ratio) can lose the game for your team.
7. Go cheat somewhere else.
8. <add things ass you see fit - as my blood pressure goes up just thinking about some of this stuff>

peace.

xXBatmanXx

ps. although I rant, I do enjoy playing with MOST of you. As I say hi and whats up to the people I recognize, and usually can work with them and their style of play. This is a great DoD community. I just wish people would chill with the cheating.
ReDsKiN

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good post i think you covered most he bases on that especilly the crappy sniper
who does not help out the team . after all it is a team based game and if you wont workk like a team the team wont win.

oh and might i add this point

FLAGGS WIN NOT KILLS

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PolluX
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you completely...the thing I find most disturbing is that it seems to be getting worse.

It's like nobody even listens anymore...it wasn't but a few days ago on Saints that the team I was on was getting taken over and over again and I kept telling everyone that they were flooding the right...of course nobody listened and went that way with me (I was trying to MG it out, but they were established so well all I could do was slow them down a couple of times) so we kept loosing.

It makes the game miserable for everyone and it also makes people angry and get upset with others.

I think the most important thing you can do is Listent to people who are talking on their mics when they ask for help/ammo/etc...and when they alert you to enemy locations. Also watch the chat area for important info. Not everyone has a mic, but everybody has a keyboard.

Just watch and listen and pay some attention to what your team is needing at any one time. Change classes if you have to, to take up an MG, even if you don't like it b/c your team may need one....that sort of thing.

anyway...my $0.02 your mileage may vary
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with everything except 6. These are public servers and people should be allowed to play the class they like even if they suck...

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
xXBatmanXx

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: wasn't telling people what to do.... Reply with quote

[quote="Stevo"]I agree with everything except 6. These are public servers and people should be allowed to play the class they like even if they suck...[/quote]

These are rules of thumb. Not Ville rules. I am not trying to tell people what to do.
kubrick

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's really not much you can do. Whether it's inexperience or what some people seem to be locked at their first flag and unable to move up. It just comes with the territory.

Most public games of dod are just a bunch of people doing their own thing. Sometimes you can get some folks that will acutally communicate and accomplish something, but in my experience, it's pretty rare.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
[NoClan]Lunt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work alone.......never trust anyone to cover your back......

LUNT - often imitated, never duplicated.....
Ten

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll never get flags without frags.
EvilGenius
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think these are good rules of thumb and agree with others that there are limitations to what you can expect of people playing DoD on a pub. BUT if you're reading these forums, you're probably already more interested in winning than your "average" pubber, so take note of these things.

I would also say to strive for a balance between flags/frags... there are times when grabbing the middle flag on Flash does nothing, and there are times when it encourages your teammates to push up--learn the difference by observing what happens when that middle flag is grabbed. I find that if your team has been pinned down shy of that middle flag for over 5 minutes that just grabbing it at the expense of your life can be a real motivator. Also, note that instant-cap flags and cap-points (i.e. the middle of Ava or bridge on Saints) have very different values, and that grabbing a cap-point (if possible) is almost always worth dying for. You'll easily make up the K/D by killing people as they try to cap it back, if your team is doing halfway decently at all.

John Doe wrote:
Normally I lock spam threads...but this one is still one page....I may check on it later......

You have to be a supporter to get it.
Easy Target

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice post...

As for myself, I don't care if I get kill alot as long as we are winning, I love getting flag and objective (and as long as i'm even or higher in the K/D ratio).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all really good points. but frags do help get flags but flaggs win in the end!
not like i really care i just wanna beat on you with my rifle butt, thats what really matters
brute force ...lol

Kahlan Amnell
Queen of Spam

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good rules of thumb, just don't expect to many non-regs to pay attention... They like their stats, and stats are still based on k:d ratio, I believe. Also remember that some people play solely to tick others off. Don't ask me why, just something I have noticed. And you think teamwork is necessary on DoD? I agree, it is, but just not to the extent of the mod I play Try getting these types of players on your team on an ns_ map... I understand these frustrations all to well. Good luck, keep fragging and having fun!

http://ctprofiles.net/799963
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Bull
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strongbad wrote:
There's really not much you can do. Whether it's inexperience or what some people seem to be locked at their first flag and unable to move up. It just comes with the territory.

Most public games of dod are just a bunch of people doing their own thing. Sometimes you can get some folks that will acutally communicate and accomplish something, but in my experience, it's pretty rare.

I agree. On public servers, u take what u get even if some are not 'team players'. All u can do lead by example and hope some will get with the program. It's easy to get frustrated, esp when it seems U are doing all the 'work' and u end up getting fragged 'cause no one's watchin ur back.

I would expect a much different attitude from teamates if it was a closed server or clan matches. As is, the variety of climates open servers provide should keep us balanced so as not to rely on others and expect too much.

Besides, most are just kids.

Now, with that out of the way, here's what I expect from YOU!! Get with the program! Rule # 1, no matter what, protect ME at all times, even if it means self-sacrifice. Always avenge my death at all costs. Rule # 2, always refer to rule # 1. #Splat
and WalMart Security

"Get-r-Done"
rANCOR hUNTER

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the most worthless post ever. If everyone played the game the same it would just be annoying. I don't want tips from someone else telling me how to "be better". I play fine and so do most others. Since when were games made to be so serious??? Oi. You can keep posting these threads about lack of skill or you can just play the game with CAL champions and n00bs as well. This is a public server ya know.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm...well...this sounds a lot like aobut 50 other posts put on here lol
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: