FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Guard Llamas?!?!?!?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FingerDemon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2002 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to stress that I am NOT making this up. The truth is stranger than fiction.

This URL is from a CNN story

I direct you to the following paragraph...

"...Llamas and lasers may be more promising.

Ranchers have discovered that llamas bond with sheep. They will chase coyotes, gather sheep and stand between the two with little or no training. "Guard llamas" also stay on the job longer than guard dogs. "

This is just freakin me out! It was bad enough when people started getting ostriches on farms in the rural area where I grew up, but this is too weird.

FD

ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2002 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Less than a 1/4 mile from my house is a Llama farm. They raise and do whatever someone does with them. I see it everyday on the way home from work.

John Doe
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2002 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roof, do you have uncontrollable urges to stop at that farm and slap all the llamas?

I know I would have problems driving by llamas every day....Wait, I think it wouldn'be a problem now that I remember every other person on the road is a LLAMA!!!

Ktulu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2002 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROOF, a picture of the Llama farm is highly requested. My screen shots are just not cutting it anymore.

I just thought of something better than the Llama box....
It would be great if the admin could turn the loser character into a Llama and team kill off for that one person. Can you imagine the four legged Llama loser running around Avanti with EVERYBODY shooting at him
ProudWhiteTrash

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2002 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dad has about 10 goats and they have a Llama to protect them. Occasionally we find dead coyotes and racoons in the fields. They also control the rodent population quite nicely too.
FingerDemon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2002 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that you mention the Llama box, I think the best punishment for llamaism would be to put a big skill bonus on kills of the llama marked for death. Kind of like Hunted only with two sets of assassins and no bodyguards.

Even the statheads might like this llama solution.

FD
FingerDemon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2002 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaft, I just read your posts. Get OUT! Your llamas KILL coyotes? Seriously? They aren't just dying of mange or something? I thought these things were like small camels, how could they kill a coyote?

Man, this just gets weirder and weirder.
ROOFCUTTER
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2002 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try to get a pic as I go by. I don't want to slow down though....they might attack
Here is a little I've learned:

WARNING: Llamas are addictive! Few people can stop with owning only one. Several people I know fell in love with these magical creatures, bought a farm and live a very unique lifestyle now. If you melt a little with your first whiffle (llama kisses which are a gentle blowing in your face), it's probably too late to run, you're hooked.

For others it's the gentle hum of a llama hello, or those long, silky eyelashes framing big, intelligent eyes.
Some people's addiction starts when they see a group of llamas pronking around the pasture like Pepe Le Peu. (Remember that skunk that was always falling in love with a cat?) Most llamas do this charming ballet around dusk every night.
Still others are impressed with the llama intelligence (they are smarter than dogs) or their aloof cat-like nature.
And then there's the type who appreciates a buddy who will hike all day and carry enough equipment and supplies for gourmet meals, a tent and whatever else would get left behind if the person were the only packer.
Llamas have been recommended by psychologists and MD's as stress reducers for people with active lives. There is a something special about llamas, if you sit and just 'be' with a llama, you can't help getting caught in the magic.
For thrill seekers, there's nothing to compare with showing your llama at one of the many llama shows and getting Grand Champion to make your heart beat fast.
Some prefer the obstacle courses for performance llamas and many llamas enter both classes and costume class too!
Then there's the cruisin' type who only go in for cart-trained llamas so their Sunday drives can be something special.
Runners seem to enjoy the marathon races that benefit many worthwhile charities.
Spinners seem more inclined to get hooked on that fabulous fiber, so sought after, that comes in a rainbow of colors, shades and types.
Golfers think it's great fun to have a llama caddy.
Many children are finding the joy of llamas through 4-H groups around the country.
ProudWhiteTrash

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2002 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shit you not. I never would have seen how it was done but we let my dog into the field one time and I was amazed. They can run full speed with there chin about a inch from the ground. They flip the dogs hind end up with there head and trample them. They arnt that small either I bet it weighs close to 500 LB's.
Ktulu

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROOF, that brings a gib-tear to my eye.. NOT!!

The only thing it left out was "it's fun, healthy and entertaining to beat the crap out of a llama with a crowbar"

SHAFT, if the story your telling is true, i'm impressed. I have only seen a real wild wolf once and it was 4 times the size of my Rot, scared the shit out of me and I had a gun.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Llamas are meaner that rat shit Plus they will spit in your weeee little eye if you are not really careful They also like to headbutt so watch it

Are you threatening me ???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
GoldenSpy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the next MG should be the medic upgrade. It would be a llama, and would spit at people as they ran by. The spit would act like a concussion grenade, or maybe slow them down like tranqilizer darts. Because spit won't really get through someone's body armor
GoldenSpy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, once on "America's Funniest Animals" I saw a llama chug a whole can of beer in about 5 seconds after it opened the can with its teeth! Can you believe that? Then it spat on the camera
SpeCies

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe an Animal with such a gentle reputation could have such a voilent side to
them? This is the first time I have heard anything like this about them.

Hey Shaft, Did it kill your Dog?

[ This Message was edited by: SpeCies on 2002-01-12 14:48 ]
SpeCies

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roofcutter I think that you are showing the exact symptoms of what you were describing to us. Are you sure that the Llama Farm that is being mentioned isn't yours?? I mean come on, you sure know allot about this creature to just be driving by.

Do you have a Llama Fetish that just has not comeout of the closet yet???

[ This Message was edited by: SpeCies on 2002-01-12 14:51 ]
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: